Steeping Times and an Ultrasonic Cleaner Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
thank you bobalex, reason i asked was i did this on a juice and i'm not sure how many cycles i have went over, my guess would be around 20-25 and it's still not vapable and the liquid has turned from a thick juice to something like water now(thin)... i tried all this when the water was warm/hot. So it got me thinking maybe i should not let them be in hot warm water for long.

cptr13

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
What do you think about something like this??

1/2 Gallon Stainless Steel Digital Heated UltraSonic Cleaner - Monster Steel

1-99 minute run time ----- sweet?!?! I figure 3 or 4 1hr runs, and it should be steeped?
35-176°F variable heating ----- good so we can set the proper heat all the time without Nic loss?
Frequency 42KHz or 25KHz ----- nice option?
Stainless Steel Construction ---- so this should be durable?

It has a 100mm (which I think is 4 inches) depth.
I figure I could use 60ml bottles and steep them instead of 1 big 250ml bottle?
I have plenty of 60ml glass bottles laying around in amber and cobalt.... so its an option.
Thoughts?

This is what I bought and use. I've been happy with it so far and I use it a lot.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
thank you bobalex, reason i asked was i did this on a juice and i'm not sure how many cycles i have went over, my guess would be around 20-25 and it's still not vapable and the liquid has turned from a thick juice to something like water now(thin)... i tried all this when the water was warm/hot. So it got me thinking maybe i should not let them be in hot warm water for long.

Ya gotta remember I'm a 100% PG - All Tobacco - All The Time vaper. I don't know nuthin' about how a VG based juice acts in an ultrasonic. I've never noticed the viscosity of any of the juices I've made get thicker or thinner.

So here's my question(s):

Has anyone tried the ultrasonic steeping shortcut with VG? How'd it go?

GaLacTic

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
L.A. Cali..
A question about the US cleaner from Harbor freight

I just bought the US cleaner from Harbor freight. Not sure if it's working correctly. Is it normal for the US waves to be mostly in the center? I stuck my finger in the water and didn't feel anything until I got to the middle.

thats normal it makes sense to vibrate from the middle it makes for an even ripple effect. i wouldn't suggest putting you fingers in it while it's running.

what the hell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
NJ
thats normal it makes sense to vibrate from the middle it makes for an even ripple effect.

OK Just checking.
i wouldn't suggest putting you fingers in it while it's running.
Too late already stuck my fingers in it.:p Water was cool at the time. If the water was hot I wouldn't have.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just put something in there to try cleaning it and don't think it's working right. There are no "waves" on the water surface and it makes an awful screeching noise. Does that sound right?

That sounds terrible. The "waves" are subtle and hard to see but screeching ... that sounds like something's broken.

what the hell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
NJ
I'll run down to harbor freight and exchange it tonight. It definitely isn't working properly.

I have a smaller US cleaner that I used to test this steeping method. It doesn't have a timer setting which is nice, but I think I'm burning the thing out. The small one seems to vibrate more then being an actual US cleaner.

what the hell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
NJ
try a search on youtube for (boston ultrasonic cleaners) see if you hear any of the same noises.. mine makes noise but its more of a vibration/humming sound.
I watched some vids on youtube of the us cleaner in action. The sound was a bit similar, but not screeching like mine was. Got it exchanged and will test it when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread