Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi,
I old and simple question about steeping, please suggest.
Im making my own eliquid, whats the maximum breathing time for steeping ???

If you need to use tge juice almost immediately steep the juice 24-48 hours.

I make my juice so i dont need to use tge new bottle for a week or two.

The juice in the bottle the flavors have a chance to merge and blend. This way i dont run the risk of contamination getting in the bottle.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
How long you steep ? and whats the breathing time ? or just keep it for some days ?
I don't steep intentionally. I run a two bottle system. When one bottle (125ml) is empty, I make another. By the time I empty the second bottle, the newly made one is ready. I don't breathe them.

If you need to use tge juice almost immediately steep the juice 24-48 hours.

I make my juice so i dont need to use tge new bottle for a week or two.

The juice in the bottle the flavors have a chance to merge and blend. This way i dont run the risk of contamination getting in the bottle.
but I dont prefer to use immediately, just wanted to know maximum breathing time and minimum steeping time to mixup.

I like Flavor Apprentice for mine. They're careful to label Diketone content. Plus I've had good luck with them. You may find this chart useful: Flavor Percentage Recommendations
Keep exposure to air.at a minimum.
Do taste test after mixing. Some recipes are fine 'green". Gives you a baseline.
Use warm water bath about 130°F for 30 min. Taste after water bath. Will be different. Shake & store.
Due to varying age of components it's impossible to give exact aging times..
thats true :yawn:

Reactions: suprtrkr
I like Flavor Apprentice for mine. They're careful to label Diketone content. Plus I've had good luck with them. You may find this chart useful: Flavor Percentage Recommendations
I took multiple flavors
west, capella & apprentice
didnt test all of them yet.
the chart you gave, make me thundered !!! I'm using minimum 20% as supplier makemyvape.co.uk suggested :cry:

Reactions: suprtrkr

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Welcome to ECF

Breathing and steeping are 2 different things.

Breathing is airing off unwanted alcohol or chemical taste and this is done with the cap off for about 24 hours.

Steeping is maturing a mix over time usually 1 - 6 weeks. Or you can speed steep with heat and vibration. This is all explained in my "everything you wanted to know about steeping" blog which is mentioned above or you can link to them here.

dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

I let breathe for 2 hours, then warm bath for 1-2 hours, then steep for 4-14 days, depending on the flavors. Like others have said though, if you mix a batch before you need it, steeping takes care of itself.

I use mostly Capella, Flavor Art, and TFA. Welcome to ECF!
Dear Rose,
Thank you very much.

Welcome to ECF

Breathing and steeping are 2 different things.

Breathing is airing off unwanted alcohol or chemical taste and this is done with the cap off for about 24 hours.

Steeping is maturing a mix over time usually 1 - 6 weeks. Or you can speed steep with heat and vibration. This is all explained in my "everything you wanted to know about steeping" blog which is mentioned above or you can link to them here.

dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
:thumbs:

I let breathe for 2 hours, then warm bath for 1-2 hours, then steep for 4-14 days, depending on the flavors. Like others have said though, if you mix a batch before you need it, steeping takes care of itself.

I use mostly Capella, Flavor Art, and TFA. Welcome to ECF!
I browsed capella site Capella Flavors, Inc : Concentrated Multi-Purpose Flavoring
Can I use all off them for vaping or some of them are for food purpose only ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread