Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
If you steep your mixtures do you leave the top off, not or some of the time. Or does it depend on flavors.

I know some don’t steep fruits much or at all and custards need a couple of weeks.

I’ve shaken the bottle a few times during each day but not sure about taking the topper off the let it “breathe”.

Thanks

sara

Reactions: stols001

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Depends on the flavouring. Some flavours have a strong 'perfumey' or chemical smell when fresh, these i steep with the top off until the odour has gone. All others i steep with the lid on and an occasional shake (when i remember). Some flavours should not be allowed to 'breathe' - the flavouring on a lot of fruit flavours will fade when left open to the atmosphere.
Stirring, heating, storing under a pyramid and most other steeping methods seem to achieve nothing in the way of developing taste - although they are a good way to pass the time.
Others may disagree (they're wrong)!

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Good to know since I’m mixing a couple of simple tobacco flavor recipes as well. Banabacco and a Vanilla tobacco.

Thanks
sara
Mixed up a banabacco this morning. All TFA
RY4 Dbl 8%
banana cream 4%
caramel original 1%
graham cracker clear .5%
vanilla custard 1.5%
Its good off the shake but I think the ry4 needs some time to develop. It normally takes about a week to come through

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Good to know since I’m mixing a couple of simple tobacco flavor recipes as well. Banabacco and a Vanilla tobacco.

Thanks
sara
Also purilum has a sweet tobacco flavoring that may be right up your alley. It’s available at nicotine river and it’s hard to explain exactly but mixed at 5-10% is the best standalone tobacco flavoring I’ve ever tried. Something to consider if you feel like trying something new. I should probably stop telling people because, although I like helping people on their vaping journey, I’m gonna be very upset if I run out and they are outta stock because I don’t know who else sells it. So do me a favor and if you try it and like it, keep it to yourself. This goes no further kapeesh. Lol

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Also purilum has a sweet tobacco flavoring that may be right up your alley. It’s available at nicotine river and it’s hard to explain exactly but mixed at 5-10% is the best standalone tobacco flavoring I’ve ever tried. Something to consider if you feel like trying something new. I should probably stop telling people because, although I like helping people on their vaping journey, I’m gonna be very upset if I run out and they are outta stock because I don’t know who else sells it. So do me a favor and if you try it and like it, keep it to yourself. This goes no further kapeesh. Lol
Probably nobody yet. Purillium is there flavor brand. Im going over there and buy up all there stock in the sweet tobacco. Just kidding

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I’m about to order an 8oz of the stuff lol, I’m glad I tried it.

To OP. I’ve done cap off, shaking every day, warm bath, etc etc.

To me, there has been no difference between all those, and a good mix, SHAKE, cap it, and put it in a box, forget about it.

Time seems best to me.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

Lol!! Thanks for the info. Nicotine River is where i get my supplies from so I’ll check that out!

And shhhhhhhh I won’t tell anyone !!!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I know some don’t steep fruits much or at all and custards need a couple of weeks.
My easy to remember rules of thumb:
1. All flavors, unless you you know otherwise, 4 weeks* aged steep(natural aging) to get the maximum flavor out of most mixes.
2. 2 or 3 quick shakes, at least twice the first two weeks and at least once a week the remainder regardless of the PG/VG mix.
3. Alcohol mixes, see above.
* If you plan it right, you should have new mixes coming to fruition weekly/daily if desired.
Any mix that doesn't taste good after 4 week natural aging is not a mix for me.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
My easy to remember rules of thumb:
1. All flavors, unless you you know otherwise, 4 weeks* aged steep(natural aging) to get the maximum flavor out of most mixes.
2. 2 or 3 quick shakes, at least twice the first two weeks and at least once a week the remainder regardless of the PG/VG mix.
3. Alcohol mixes, see above.
* If you plan it right, you should have new mixes coming to fruition weekly/daily if desired.
Any mix that doesn't taste good after 4 week natural aging is not a mix for me.

Thanks!!

MartinD

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2017
Mixed up a banabacco this morning. All TFA
RY4 Dbl 8%
banana cream 4%
caramel original 1%
graham cracker clear .5%
vanilla custard 1.5%
Its good off the shake but I think the ry4 needs some time to develop. It normally takes about a week to come through
Ry4 double needs three weeks to develop.I put 5% ry4 double in base and after 3 weeks is very intensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread