Step it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I've been vaping for about a month, having a tough time not smoking analogs. I think I should move on from the cig-a-likes. I asked for advice from u guys and was told to get an Ego Spinner/twister, my question is would it be a good choice to go to a 510t/510 as my next step up or should I go right to the ego? Please remember this is a process for me and I don't mind gradually increasing to a bigger device but I don't think I will like anything to big. Also can anyone recommend a good menthol e-liquid,it doesn't have to mimic newports( although that would be nice).

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
I was in the same situation as you about 6 months ago. I'd definitely suggest an ego twist over the 510/510ts. I went to a twist after upgrading from my own 510 and never looked back (in fact I just wound up giving the 510 away because it wasn't nearly as satisfying for all the additional hassle). Wish I could suggest some menthol flavors, but I'm a tobacco kind of guy. Good luck!

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Hi and welcome!
Former menthol head here, Salem light, Marlboro silver, Pall Mall menthol....... Honestly, I looked for satisfying menthols, found a couple, but they did not do it for me. I liked em, don't get me wrong, but I quickly wandered into "flavors". So far I'm liking dessert types. Orange cream, lemon cream puff and occasionally spearmint and creme de menthe. What I found was that I wanted throat hit, not necessarily menthol. The guy I order from can add throat hit at different levels if desired. Purevapes.

The menthols I tried were e-luminate (was so-so from a local store) and also Arctic Wolf from vaporgod. The latter was an IN YOUR FACE kind of menthol, so I mixed it with tobacco or whatever flavor I had on hand. Vaporgod also carries a milder one.

I have two ego knock off batteries and an ego twist. Happy with all of em. I also have a kanger protank 2 and just got a mini protank 2. LOVE THEM. The mini just came in the mail today and it's knockin' my socks off!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Many of your cigalikes are actually larger than the little 510(T). So those would just be going sideways, and not a step up.

Now when getting an eGo, I need to express some caution because of all the knockoffs out there. (all the battery incidences of late in the news have been ego knockoffs used with cheap/wrong chargers) So make sure it's a JoyeTech, Kanger, or SmokTech battery, and only use the proper charger that comes with the kit for the respective batteries.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Louisville, KY, USA
    So if I get the ego twist do I need to get anything to fill the tanks, I'm not sure what a drip tip is. Do I need to order anything other than the battery, tanks, charger and juice

Not necessarily. I tilt mine and add juice. Some use a blunt syringe tip. They're pretty easy to fill without one.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Get an eGo. Fixed or Variable, it's up to you.

I went from cig-a-likes (total failure, cut down by 10% at most) to 510/808 mini e-cigs (cut down by 50%) and then got a pair of eGo batteries in a kit.

That was the end of my smoking.

I don't believe little e-cigarettes are effective enough for most smokers. (but that's another thread...)

:)

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Go with whatever you are most comfortable with concerning battery size. Most people here who are successful non-smokers started out with "cigalikes". That's what I used to quit.

However, it only took me about 3 weeks to decide I needed something bigger in order to stay off of the smokes. I grew very frustrated with the number of batteries I had to carry with me to last out the day, and then it took all evening to charge them up again. There's a better way if you can somehow get over that idea that your battery has to be the size of a cigarette.

Just trying to save you the money you will spend on a kit you may only use for a 4 - 5 weeks. That money could have gone to more juice flavors to try or different juice attachments to try. An ego battery setup right from the start is not that much bigger than a cigalike but will give you far more battery time and more options in choosing a better juice attachment.

Advancing up the vaping ladder with ego's and mods

Good Starters Setup with an Ego

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Thanks for the advice I work at home so I've become quite good at always having a charged battery. I ordered a higher nic level I had 18 going to 24. I do like the cig-alikes but I would like to try something different. I will get the Ego is there a big difference between the spinner or twister? Should I look on this forum? I don't want to waste anyone's time explaining it to me.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Louisville, KY, USA

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    Thanks for the advice I work at home so I've become quite good at always having a charged battery. I ordered a higher nic level I had 18 going to 24. I do like the cig-alikes but I would like to try something different. I will get the Ego is there a big difference between the spinner or twister? Should I look on this forum? I don't want to waste anyone's time explaining it to me.

Darlin, don't worry about wasting anyone's time here. You ask a question and there's always someone here who's eager to answer it.

It's what we do and it's why we're here.

I learned so much here just by asking questions, and I am indebted to the many members who answered them.

DKP#

ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2012
    Missouri, USA
    I would go with the ego style. If size is a big concern, the plain ego with no adjustment is slightly smaller but lacks the adjustment.
    A larger device makes quitting much easier. I worked my way up slowly, but wasn't successful at quitting until I got to the twist + Vivi nova . A manual battery does seem a little awkward at first but you'll adjust to it quickly.

If you want to spend a little more to be assured of good quality get a Joye, Vision, or Kangor brand battery from a vendor listed under forum suppliers at the top of the page.

I think the spinner and twist are pretty similar. I haven't used the spinner but it's been recommended for quite a while. I think the twist is a little higher quality and price.

szot

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Try this menthol juice....well know popular site with great customer service... 555 Menthol E Juice Baker Vapor - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes ..I recommend a 65PG/35VG blend initially..should give U plenty of flavor and vapor..and U pick the nicotine strength U want..0-6-12-18-24 mg

You really don't need a Variable Volt ego battery twist or spinner which are almost identical....a fixed voltage ego battery is just fine and used by thousands of people ..and these will last U all day for about a year each...and this is a great starter kit with 2 of everything, from a great company in CT-USA for a great price $44...and these are NOT garbage junk batteries...and these CE5 clearomizer tanks that hold the liquid are very simple to fill and once a month just replace the coil ($1.60 each) which just unscrews in and out....... DV eGo-T Starter Kit - 1100mah

This custom kit consists of:

1. (2) eGo 1100 mAh battery
    2. (2) DVCE5 replacable coil Clearomizers with Long Wicks (with spring connector for compatibility will all eGo)
    3. (1) eGo Case
    4. (1) Wall Charger
    5. (1) USB 420mah Charging cable

and these replaceable 5 pack coils ($8) will last U about 7 months with the 2 that comes with the starter kit.... http://www.discountvapers.com/dv-ce5-coil-head-2-4ohms-5-pack/

Both these vendors are recommended from this forums..

U will need nothing else until about 7 months except some monthly juice for $11 at www.mtbakervapor.com

initial investment 44 + 11=$55...then monthly $11....and this system, is the simplest there is...no hassles, no headaches..

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread