Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Yeah, you're right. Guess I'm more stressed out that usual.

But it's a game! lol

Someone says something negative and other people say, "nuh UH!" and back and forth until someone else says, "these threads come up every week" and someone else will say, "But as long as it keeps us all off analogs it's all good, right?" etc.

I mean, we COULD play Monopoly but nobody ever reads the rules on the lid of the box, anyway, and we KNOW these rules. :p

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Sorry but Provari's like any device do indeed DIE, but what a great warranty Provape has, so there lol.

yea eventually doubt in less then 2 years
and if its older then that
I'm no expert but id assume they had improved over the last 2 years

And to mention The ability to use wattage or voltage as a factor
clearly is someone without more then 2 years experience using these devices

there is more I can say but

I'm not buying the story

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The Provari is a great product, but the others are catching up fast.

Just got an iTaste SVD and have owned a Provari before. The ability to use wattage or voltage, build quality, ability to use 18xxx batteries without having to buy an extension, and consistancy definately give the Provari a run for the money. And speaking of money... it's half less than half the price.

If you don't want to become the iPhone of vaping devices, you should realy step up your game.

~just sayin~
I have a ProVari and an SVD in front of me right now. Although the SVD is ok, I still have to wonder what you're putting in your tank. Seriously, dude?

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Agreed. I've loved her since the second I picked her up.

The big difference for me is the battery life in the Somevar. I found the nivel had a 100th more under load voltage drop compared to a Provari.;-) So not noticeable. Id like to have a 26650 Nivel box mod or a dual 18650.

Even the battery life is not a game changer no biggie to swap batteries a little sooner.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Everyone has their happy place in vaping. For some it is the Provari for others it is other things. I prefer mech hence I am a REOnaut. If Provape made a mech I would give it some serious thought in terms of future purchase.

Pleas read the rules no being nice in a Provari sux thread. Only Trolling and Troll feeding is allowed!

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
That's odd, the mvp has a flat signal like the nivel for that matter.

Even IF it had the same PWM as the Provape chip, which it doesn't, the output under load on the SVD/MVP is not even close to the same in quality or consistency. Earlier in the thread I linked to Field Of Vapors MVP2 review, watch it if you haven't and tell me that's a good chip set.

Last edited:

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
The big difference for me is the battery life in the Somevar. I found the nivel had a 100th more under load voltage drop compared to a Provari.;-) So not noticeable. Id like to have a 26650 Nivel box mod or a dual 18650.

Even the battery life is not a game changer no biggie to swap batteries a little sooner.

Buzz, your posts are always delightful but I have to ask, why do you call it a Somevar in both your post and your sig?

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
LOL!

Replace the word Provari with the name Harley Davidson and this is exactly like a lot of threads on a lot of motorcycle boards.

I feel right at home. :D

Yeah, but aren't Harleys ACTUALLY over priced junk? lol.

ps.. I know nothing about motorbikes, other than owning a few 1960s and 70s Vespas in the past.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I own both and I like both. The SVD is bigger. It's nice having options without purchasing extensions. I like the extra buttons.

i don't care for the snake hiss and I do feel like I get a better vape from the Provari. I recommend the SVD to anyone that is looking for a step up from the eGo style batteries.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm just gonna sit this one out on the bench and enjoy some popcorn & Pepsi. Everyone knows how I feel about Provari anyway.

popcorn_soda1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread