Step Up Your Game Pro Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
The Provari is a great product, but the others are catching up fast.

Just got an iTaste SVD and have owned a Provari before. The ability to use wattage or voltage, build quality, ability to use 18xxx batteries without having to buy an extension, and consistancy definately give the Provari a run for the money. And speaking of money... it's half less than half the price.

If you don't want to become the iPhone of vaping devices, you should realy step up your game.

~just sayin~

Differences between the iPhone and the Provari.
The iPhone doesn't have the build quality.
The iPhone is not made in the USA.
The Kool Aid drinkers on the Apple front are much much worse than any other camp in the world.

I am not a Provari fan, but to compare them to iPhones is offensive.

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
Even IF it had the same PWM as the Provape chip, which it doesn't, the output under load on the SVD/MVP is not even close to the same in quality or consistency. Earlier in the thread I linked to Field Of Vapors MVP2 review, watch it if you haven't and tell me that's a good chip set.

Just watched the review. I give you that it's not accurate in Wattage mode but it is accurate in Voltage mode.

I was talking about the signal tho, the smoothness in the case of the provari comes from its 800hz signal while in the Nivel it comes from a DC signal which is the same signal that can be seen on the MVP.

I'm not trying to say the MVP as a whole is or isn't better than the provari, but the vape should be smooth on both. That's probably the reason i used my MVP or mechs a thousand times more than my SVD that's collecting dust :)

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I never understand this statement. They are selling lots so why do they need to upgrade? There are very few that can compare so how are they complacent? There have really not been alot to change, China has put out several poorly regulated mods with varying degrees of quality but none are great. The DNA 20 and the Nivel are in the same liege but I cant say they are superior.

Tell that to companies like RIM and Nokia......

Kings of the market, now their marketshare will soon be a rounding error.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
A reliable product, excellent customer service, excellent build quality, good looks, a passionate following.....that's sooo yesterday.

Thats just stupid! When every one wants cheap and unreliable. I mean so what if my mod pulses and the connection strips, Who cares if the switch quits working in a few months. Now that I think about it they are right Provape is behind in the times. Quality is not the flavor of the day.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Just watched the review. I give you that it's not accurate in Wattage mode but it is accurate in Voltage mode.

I was talking about the signal tho, the smoothness in the case of the provari comes from its 800hz signal while in the Nivel it comes from a DC signal which is the same signal that can be seen on the MVP.

I'm not trying to say the MVP as a whole is or isn't better than the provari, but the vape should be smooth on both. That's probably the reason i used my MVP or mechs a thousand times more than my SVD that's collecting dust :)

I found the MVP has a 10th more of a voltage drop underload compared to a Provari. Not alot but this can be noticed buy some. But I can 100% agree if your on a budget its a no brainier. 39$ for anything in the vaping world is a good deal epically if it work's fairly decent. There are fore sure mods that cost alot more that are made lots cheaper.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
I'm going to guess that it measures the coil at the beginning of every button press cycle. Unless my basic physics memory is very faulty, the resistance of the wire will change as it heats up. If it's calculating wattage based on the 'cold' resistance of the coil and delivers the proper voltage for that resistance, then yeah, it'll probably wander a bit.

Oddly enough, it would seem that the only way to avoid that would be to pulse the output in order to take periodic measurements while firing, LOL!

Guess I should look into the chipsets more deeply. Some guy with a cheapo meter isn't going to give nearly as accurate data as my own scope with a hi-Z probe.

Dammit, now I have to go buy a Provari to test with! :D

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
If ProVape did nothing more than add a wattage calculator and an OLED screen to a ProVari, and left everything else alone, all these folks who hate it today would love it... 8 Segment LED display and VV only... That thing must be a dinosaur! The only thing they need to do to make the ProVari any better is add a bottle opener to the battery cap... Otherwise it's perfect just like it is...

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
What, whoa, wait a sec, did you just equate the epitome of vaping bliss with a Toyota Corolla :matrix:

I'm speechless :-x

J/K EvilZoe ;).
Hey, a solidly built vehicle is a solidly built vehicle, even in vaping. :D

I can have bells and whistles...I have some of those, too. I just like the Provaris because they're just what they are.

I like my Reo, too. It's solid and dependable.

I don't like to have to fidget with my stuff when my brain won't let me focus.

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
I'm going to guess that it measures the coil at the beginning of every button press cycle. Unless my basic physics memory is very faulty, the resistance of the wire will change as it heats up. If it's calculating wattage based on the 'cold' resistance of the coil and delivers the proper voltage for that resistance, then yeah, it'll probably wander a bit.

Oddly enough, it would seem that the only way to avoid that would be to pulse the output in order to take periodic measurements while firing, LOL!

Guess I should look into the chipsets more deeply. Some guy with a cheapo meter isn't going to give nearly as accurate data as my own scope with a hi-Z probe.

Dammit, now I have to go buy a Provari to test with! :D

I didn't want to get into that because i don't know if the device actually changes ohm on the fly(probably) or it is just flaky :p The bottom line is the MVP has a different chip than most chinese mods which use the 33Hz chip.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hey, a solidly built vehicle is a solidly built vehicle, even in vaping. :D

I can have bells and whistles...I have some of those, too. I just like the Provaris because they're just what they are.

I like my Reo, too. It's solid and dependable.

I don't like to have to fidget with my stuff when my brain won't let me focus.

I hear ya Zoe and I get it :). I almost never get into the Provari vs XXX threads, but sometimes I get a bit bored and I read one (OK, so maybe I've read a few :facepalm: .. glutton for punishment that I am).

[Sulks back under his rock with K100 and AGA-T in hand]

Now back to that Corolla thingy ... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread