Not open for further replies.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
LOL!

Replace the word Provari with the name Harley Davidson and this is exactly like a lot of threads on a lot of motorcycle boards.

I feel right at home. :D

Exactly! There's no escape! lol! I'm getting a real kick reading this thread. I see the same thing on the 3D software forums I've been frequenting for the last 16 years. 3ds Max is better than Maya, ZBrush is better than Modo is better than Mudbox, Photoshop is better than....... well, Photoshop is better than everything else.;)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Exactly! There's no escape! lol! I'm getting a real kick reading this thread. I see the same thing on the 3D software forums I've been frequenting for the last 16 years. 3ds Max is better than Maya, ZBrush is better than Modo is better than Mudbox, Photoshop is better than....... well, Photoshop is better than everything else.;)

/me takes a vape

/me says "I use Blender"

/me smirks and ducks

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
It just gear folks. I don't care if I am vaping on a car battery in a little red wagon with a stovetop calrod element, long as I am not smoking. And yes, it vapes like a beast!!!!! Just kidding. Don't try that at home. Good luck and have fun!

Isn't that how Frankenstein was brought to life?

Or was it the Provari?

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
The Provari is a great product, but the others are catching up fast.

Just got an iTaste SVD and have owned a Provari before. The ability to use wattage or voltage, build quality, ability to use 18xxx batteries without having to buy an extension, and consistancy definately give the Provari a run for the money. And speaking of money... it's half less than half the price.

If you don't want to become the iPhone of vaping devices, you should realy step up your game.

~just sayin~

um....too late...?

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
It just gear folks. I don't care if I am vaping on a car battery in a little red wagon with a stovetop calrod element, long as I am not smoking. And yes, it vapes like a beast!!!!! Just kidding. Don't try that at home. Good luck and have fun!

lil-red.jpg

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Differences between the iPhone and the Provari.
The iPhone doesn't have the build quality.
The iPhone is not made in the USA.
The Kool Aid drinkers on the Apple front are much much worse than any other camp in the world.

I am not a Provari fan, but to compare them to iPhones is offensive.

Apple also goes out of its way to design products that rely on proprietary accessories/software. Once you buy in, it's hard to get out.

Provape doesn't do that.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Apple also goes out of its way to design products that rely on proprietary accessories/software. Once you buy in, it's hard to get out.

Provape doesn't do that.

Also, you probably couldn't use your iPhone if you dropped it in the toilet accidentally.

I'm pretty sure you could use your ProVari again after a short time sitting in some dry rice....LOL

(see, we need to point out the IMPORTANT differences, like ridiculous situations we find ourselves in)

Enzzo

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
USA
So I've heard a lot about Provari owners not taking any crap about nay sayers. I can now see this is quite true, just look for anyone mocking the ~just sayin~.

I have no opinion because I haven't used either and honestly could care less, if you're enjoying something then good for you thats great, at least your not smoking cancer sticks. The OP just stated his opinion and now its like a fanboy rant. iPhones v Android, Xbox One v PS4, Provari v The World.

Vape what you like.
~stay classy :2cool:~

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
So I've heard a lot about Provari owners not taking any crap about nay sayers. I can now see this is quite true, just look for anyone mocking the ~just sayin~.

I have no opinion because I haven't used either and honestly could care less, if you're enjoying something then good for you thats great, at least your not smoking cancer sticks. The OP just stated his opinion and now its like a fanboy rant. iPhones v Android, Xbox One v PS4, Provari v The World.

Vape what you like.
~stay classy :2cool:~

Ahh...we've finally come full circle. (see my prediction below)

But it's a game! lol

Someone says something negative and other people say, "nuh UH!" and back and forth until someone else says, "these threads come up every week" and someone else will say, "But as long as it keeps us all off analogs it's all good, right?" etc.

I mean, we COULD play Monopoly but nobody ever reads the rules on the lid of the box, anyway, and we KNOW these rules. :p

^^^ See? I know what I'm talkin' 'bout...lol

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I'm going to guess that it measures the coil at the beginning of every button press cycle. Unless my basic physics memory is very faulty, the resistance of the wire will change as it heats up. If it's calculating wattage based on the 'cold' resistance of the coil and delivers the proper voltage for that resistance, then yeah, it'll probably wander a bit.

Oddly enough, it would seem that the only way to avoid that would be to pulse the output in order to take periodic measurements while firing, LOL!

Guess I should look into the chipsets more deeply. Some guy with a cheapo meter isn't going to give nearly as accurate data as my own scope with a hi-Z probe.

Dammit, now I have to go buy a Provari to test with! :D

this is where the DNA 20 shines above other VW devices. it constantly checks the resistance on the fly while many other devices check when you press the fire button only

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal

Provape doesn't do that.

While we are on this....

If Provape were to screw up on a design, I am sure they will correct it. Unlike Apple who throws the whole industry under the bus, then tell their users that is NOT the correct way to hold the product, and then give out an accessory that is a corrective measure and still not admit the messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread