Stories of the Paranormal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Hey Everyone, some of us were talking at TexasT's House and decided to start a Thread on the paranormal. We're looking for true stories, not tall tales. They don't have to be your story ... those of a relative or trusted friend will be fine.

Your story can be about spirits, flying saucers or anything to do with the unexplained.

BUT, if this sort of thing is offensive to you please do not read any further. Our intent is only to share stories, not to step on anyone's toes over things of a religious nature or to offend anyone's sensibilities.

So please, if this sort of information is objectionable to you please go no further in this Thread.

TT

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
My Haunted House

Around 1963 I married a gal who was divorced and had a little girl about three years old. We found a nice little house for rent out on the edge of town at a reasonable price and moved in. We were still in the process of getting furniture and getting everything set up, so on the very first night we were there we just fixed a bed on a couch that folded out. I turned out the lights and crawled into bed when suddenly a voice that sounded like it was three inches from our ears said my name real loud and in a scolding tone! We both heard it and jumped up and of course I searched the house but there was nobody else there.

The house had a basement and a second floor. In the basement there was an old coal furnace that had been converted to gas and the two bedrooms and a bath was upstairs. It was an older frame house, but snug and cozy with a nice lawn.

Here's some of the things that happened. We would hear someione shoveling coal into the furnace in the basement and then the heavy steel door of the furnace would slam shut. There was no coal in what used to be the room where the coal was stored. We (and others too, visitors, friends, etc.) would hear someone in the kitchen washing dishes and the cupboard doors would slam shut. We'd be sitting at the dining table eating and we could hear foot steps going from one bedroom, across the hallway and into the other bedroom and the bedroom door would slam shut - while this was happening the light over the dining table would start to swing from the person walking over it upstairs.

My wife worked in a bank and on Friday's had to work late. One evening I had put the little girl to bed and was downstairs watching TV and a ball the girl had been playing with was over against the north wall. I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye and turned and looked and saw the ball slowly coming across the floor toward me. It stopped about three feet away. It crossed the entire room!

One time my wifes parents and her sister came to visit and we began talking about some of the strange things happening in the house. The girl was about fourteen and said she wasn't afraid of any ghost and went up the stairs to the second floor and overlooking the living room and she sat down on the top step. Suddenly one bedroom door behind her opened and then slammed shut, the footsteps went across the hall, the other bedroom door opened and slammed shut and she came screaming down the stairs. Her parents left and never came back to the house.

There was a neighbor who lived behind us and we shared a driveway. They had to pass our house to get to theirs. One weekend we went away and asked these neighbors to keep an eye on the house while we were gone. The lady belonged to a bowling team and on Saturday night went bowling with her friends. When they finished it was late and her friends drove her home and dropped her off in front of our house at the driveway. She started walking down the driveway and saw there were lights on in every room of our house and there was music playing and she could hear people talking. Then she remembered we weren't home.

She turned and ran back toward the road and went down the road to another friend of hers place and had them call the police and report there was someone in our house. The police came, she walked back up to the house and the lights were all out and the place was silent. The police checked the house and everything was locked up as we had left it.

The garage door (manual) was also in the basement - the garage was on a lower level, and we would hear the door open and close. You could often hear someone walking through the lower part of the house, a radio in my den would turn itself on, one night someone shook the bed we were in. And one morning the little girl thanked me for bringing her a drink of water during the night. She said she had got very thirsty. I never went and got the child a drink. When I went to sleep, I really went to sleep. But there was a partial glass of water beside the little girls bed on the night stand.

There was never any indication this enity wanted to cause us any harm. It was just there, it lived there with us.

One evening my wife and I went out for dinner and ended up at a local bar. We started talking to another couple there and they asked where we lived and I told them. I also told them the house was owned by a man named B____. He said "oh, I know that family very well." Then he went on to say that Mr. B____'s mother had been a teacher in the area for many years and after her husband died, she became despondent and hung herself in that house.

Now we knew who our ghost was, even had a name for her. After that, if she was shoveling coal that wasn't there or making noise when we had company, we would just call her name and ask her to stop and she usually would. Not always, but most of the time.

The things I've listed here that happened are just a tiny fragment of everything that took place in that house. It was literally something every day.

And like I said, there was never any indication that she meant us any harm. She just lived in her house with us and the feeling we got was that she was happy to have us there.

TT

Last edited:

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Got one. Not nearly as creepy as the post above though lol. As a matter of fact, it wasn't scary at all as it happened in the blink of an eye in broad daylight.

It was the mid to late 90's, and I was installing a mirror in a home not far from here. It was an employee of mine, the lady watching the house and myself. The job didn't take long at all. The lady was praising how quick we came out, and that she had broken the mirror while house sitting. All of the sudden lol I looked in the mirror, and there was a tall, naked man staring at me smiling. My first reaction(after looking away lol) was that he was mentally handicapped, and I fully expected the lady to yell at him. Never happened. She went right on talking. This all happened so quick...I looked back up to snap the clip on top of the mirror, and dude was gone. The lady, Joe, and myself said nothing about it. She wrote out a check while I got our tools gathered up and went on out to the truck. Joe's .... didn't hit that seat for 1 second before he said "Did you see that!" LOL. I said yeah, and we started talking about where in the hell he went. The house was pretty much one big room, other than the hallway to the bedrooms. Joe was standing almost completely in the middle of that hallway while this went down....So unless this dude was a naked ninja, and slid past Joe....I still don't know lol. Very weird. But kinda cool to be able to see something like that. One thing that did kinda creep me out a tad bit, was that Joe and I both agreed that he seemed to be looking at me. I think Joe saw him longer than I did, but was standing more or less in front of him, with the lady off to his left(kind of between Joe and I). The "guy" appeared between Joe and the lady.

That's it lol. Not to scary, but kinda cool.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
It's said that some spirits like to travel through electricity. It was a warm summer night and I had the bedroom window open. Beautiful clear night, just stars in the sky. I had just gone to bed, hadn't fallen asleep yet. The cat was laying on the foot of the bed. Animals usually sense things before we do. He was sound asleep. There was a bright ball of light floating near the power pole all of a sudden. This made me pay attention for fear of fire on the lines or what have you. I watched this ball hover there and then it kind of like bounced along the line to my house. it wasn't running through the powerline but following it. All of a sudden the bathroom light came on by itself. Now I get up thinking somethings going to catch fire here. By the time I reached the bathroom the light went off again. I flipped the light switch and the light came on as normal, then shut off as normal. No burning smells. No smoke. And the ball of light was gone now. I laid back down and did manage to fall asleep. Then I awoke with feeling some one running their hand along the side of my foot. Startled I jerked my foot back, looked at the cat which was still sound asleep. Now I'm thinking I've gone crazy and tried to just go back to sleep. Shortly after that I feel a kiss on my fore head. It even made a sound like when you make a fun loving kiss on some ones cheek. Again I sit up and look. No one there. But this time the cat is awake and purring, turning his head like he was getting his head scratched by a friend with his eyes closed. This stopped and you could see the cat move it's eyes like it was following whoever he was watching leave the room. He never left his position at the end of the bed and proceeded to fall back asleep. I believe who ever this was, came to tuck us into bed that night and make sure we were okay. I still don't have any idea who it was ♥ But it was not there to hurt us.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
It's said that some spirits like to travel through electricity. It was a warm summer night and I had the bedroom window open. Beautiful clear night, just stars in the sky. I had just gone to bed, hadn't fallen asleep yet. The cat was laying on the foot of the bed. Animals usually sense things before we do. He was sound asleep. There was a bright ball of light floating near the power pole all of a sudden. This made me pay attention for fear of fire on the lines or what have you. I watched this ball hover there and then it kind of like bounced along the line to my house. it wasn't running through the powerline but following it. All of a sudden the bathroom light came on by itself. Now I get up thinking somethings going to catch fire here. By the time I reached the bathroom the light went off again. I flipped the light switch and the light came on as normal, then shut off as normal. No burning smells. No smoke. And the ball of light was gone now. I laid back down and did manage to fall asleep. Then I awoke with feeling some one running their hand along the side of my foot. Startled I jerked my foot back, looked at the cat which was still sound asleep. Now I'm thinking I've gone crazy and tried to just go back to sleep. Shortly after that I feel a kiss on my fore head. It even made a sound like when you make a fun loving kiss on some ones cheek. Again I sit up and look. No one there. But this time the cat is awake and purring, turning his head like he was getting his head scratched by a friend with his eyes closed. This stopped and you could see the cat move it's eyes like it was following whoever he was watching leave the room. He never left his position at the end of the bed and proceeded to fall back asleep. I believe who ever this was, came to tuck us into bed that night and make sure we were okay. I still don't have any idea who it was ♥ But it was not there to hurt us.

Wow...see now, at night, alone...that would freak me out. Even though it felt friendly. If my story happened under diff circumstances...say at night...alone...I would have busted a whole through the wall like the kool-aid man getting out of there lol.

23274_122344001110103_9137_n.jpg

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Wow...see now, at night, alone...that would freak me out. Even though it felt friendly. If my story happened under diff circumstances...say at night...alone...I would have busted a whole through the wall like the kool-aid man getting out of there lol.

23274_122344001110103_9137_n.jpg
I live out in the sticks back country from town. Had lived here for quite awhile before this. I've often heard people talking when there was no one here, smelled cigar smoke here many times when no one smoked cigars here and nothing bad has happened before. So I guess that's why I wasn't that scared. If who ever is here wanted to hurt me, they would have done it before. It seems when ever I feel, hear or smell something it's just like they're saying hello to me. I don't know. I lived in another old house once that the door to the attic would open after we locked it shut by itself. That place scared me, this one feels more friendly.

bmeyer46

Sep 3, 2010
Missouri
what a neat thread...so I'll add my own story.
My great grandpa built the house next to where we grew up at. After my grandmother died, we rented the house out a few times, then my sister and her husband bought the house from my mom.
The proceeded to remodel the house, which I've heard can stir things up.
While over there doing some work on the house, my brother in law heard music, but was unable to say it was the radio, since it was UNPLUGGED....he doesn't scare easily, but left the house shortly after this happened.
After the house was remodeled they've heard canning noises ( my grandma canned a LOT ), a christmas wreath ended up on the floor 3 times before my sister moved it from the table to the wall, doors shut by themselves, the kids had said they saw a "black man" which i'm guessing is actually a shadow figure, the dishwasher turned itself on, even though it was turned off and the water line was frozen. They also have a huge mirror...I'm guessing about 6 feet long and 4 feet tall that completely turned sideways on the wall.
My sister was asleep upstairs in the house, when she had a strange feeling...the edge of the waterbed went down for a few moments like someone was sitting on it, then came back up. She got up to see if it was her son, and he had never left his bed.
Well since it's my sister i never doubted the stories......
Then when I got divorced, I moved in with them until I could find a place of my own.
I went to our class reunion and had worn one of those 3/4 length coats with the scarf that goes under the collar of the coat...think 1990's !!
The room I was staying in was used for a bit of storage, so they had some cardboard boxes in there.
I came home from the party, took the coat off, and layed it on the chair in the room.
When I woke up the next morning, the scarf was out of the coat and wrapped around the cardboard boxes.
I always thought the stories were true that they told me, but now I had PROOF!!
It freaked me out, but the only persons who have died in the house were family, so I know whoever the jokester was they weren't there to hurt anyone.
Apparently we have bored them and they have moved on, as nothing has really happened there in several years.

Last edited:

bmeyer46

Sep 3, 2010
Missouri
My dad died in 1981 in TX where they had flown him for open heart surgery...back then it was supposed to be THE place to have the procedure done.
While he was in the hospital here in MO we went to go see him one last time before he left....the hospital had a very distinct odor, not a bad one, more like a combination of medicine and cleaning supplies....but VERY distinct.
He never made it back from TX and was flown home to be buried...
anyhow...there have been a few times since that I have smelled that odor...in places I shouldn't smell it...a car, the house etc...that DOES make the hair on my neck stand up.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
My dad died in 1981 in TX where they had flown him for open heart surgery...back then it was supposed to be THE place to have the procedure done.
While he was in the hospital here in MO we went to go see him one last time before he left....the hospital had a very distinct odor, not a bad one, more like a combination of medicine and cleaning supplies....but VERY distinct.
anyhow...there have been a few times since that I have smelled that odor...in places I shouldn't smell it...a car, the house etc...that DOES make the hair on my neck stand up.
Proof loved ones never really leave us. He wanted to let you know he was there with you and he still loves you ♥

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV

Very sad.. Even though that was a while ago, it must have been very hard. My mom always told me of the last time her mother saw her mom. She was to be sent an hour or so away for a medical procedure(this was in the earl 30's). Hugged her, and walked to school. Waved bye to her as she walked past the house. Last time she ever saw her. Gets to me every time I think about it.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
My only other story is about flying things.

In 1979 I was living at Lake of the Pines, Texas and working in southern Mexico. I'd leave home and go to Shreveport and fly from there to Houston and then on down to Mexico City and south from there.

One time my wife was driving me to the Shreveport Airport on my way back to work and a neighbor lady, a friend of my wife's was with us and my two little boys were in the back seat of my pick up. The three adults were in the front.

It was very early in the morning, just before day break and there was a light fog hanging at tree top level.

We were traveling east on a paved road near the Louisiana line when suddenly this thing appeared in the mist over the trees. Its hard to describe it, but its like someone took a big radio tower framework and laid it on its side and then inside the framework or structure there was a long silvery tube with windows like port holes and there was a yellowish glow of light coming from these port holes.

The thing appeared over the trees and was going in a southerly direction. And nothing weird happened. There was no sound, the truck didn't die, nothing strange occurred ... it just passed over the road in front of us and kept going south.

Of course, us three adults were talking about what we had just seen and wondering what in the world it could have been when suddenly ...

here came the second one.

It was identical to the first and again, nothing strange happened.

What we saw certainly didn't meet the usual expectation of what a flying saucer should look like, but neither one of them made any sound, they had no wings and no apparent means of propulsion.

I don't know what these things were but I strongly doubt that they were made by man.

TT

Last edited:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
OK, thats just weird........I thought all things from outerspace were supposed to be saucer shaped?
If that would have happened to me, I think the hair on the back of my neck would have stood up!

It was certainly a chilling site and I'll remember it until I take my last breath! I've only heard of one other description of something like this and that one was in southwestern New Mexico in the mid 1980's.

TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread