Status
Not open for further replies.

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
OMG! I made it to the end much too quickly. I was soo engrossed with everyone's posts and their different experiences. Thanks to all for sharing! It's about dinner time for me so I won't start "my turn" just yet....none of what I have to share is near as fascinating anyway, but I'll still pass it along.

And great to meet you, Jibba. It is really nice having you here and I hope we can continue to build upon this thread. :)

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
Ahhh sheesh, Anita...dinner's done, dishes washed, kids washed, pets taken care of, 2 loads of laundry and sat down here finally and see that it's nearly 1 am already. I gotta get some sleep now so I can start all this excitement over again tomorrow (or later today I guess that is actually).

Patience is a virtue????? LOL Yeah I know...please don't hit me for that one. :)

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
Hey, Anita, I finally made it back. Did ya give up on me already? LOL

I'll do these in spurts so I don't make everyone have to sit here and read a novel...better to go a chapter at a time. :p

My little sister was a teenager when our grandmother passed on. She lived at home with our mom and usually slept on the couch. She woke up early a couple of mornings after Grandma's death, and saw Grandma sitting in a chair across the room. They made eye contact. My sister, being frightened, ducked her head under the pillow then after a few seconds just had to look again. Grandma was still sitting there but this time her head was downward, as if looking at her lap. Then she was gone.

I never thought much about this, simply figuring my sister needed or wanted to see our grandmother again so her mind possibly just made her think this really happened. Of course, I never let her know my doubts. But then several years later, she came by mom's house one day while I was there and was visibly shaken up while looking white as a ghost (no pun intended). Her stepmom's dad had passed away and the funeral and family gathering afterward had been that day. She was heading to the bathroom (in some of her stepmom's family home, not sure whose) but when she got to the hallway, she saw her stepmom's dad standing at the other end of the hall. She said he just stood there for a few seconds then was gone.

It was just the look she had while telling me and Mom this that really made me believe it had happened, with both him and our grandmother. I have no idea why my sister was the one to see, unless she is more "sensitive" like a couple of you have mentioned.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Wow...Nope I didn't give up on you Free ! :) I don't give up on anybody. Thanks for writing that, and I can't wait for more chapters ! Your sister is lucky in my opinion for them to come to her to say "So long for now", with or without words. Even if it did scare her. I'd rather see some one I knew then any body else I think. It would be more comforting. :smokie:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Hey Free, yes, that is very interesting. One of the most common things I've heard people say after a loved one passes is "I felt a firm hand on my shoulder and when I looked there was no one there." This is the same sort of thing I guess, but even more fascinating actually seeing the deceased person.

I can't wait to see your next "installment."

TT

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
This directly correlates the story that animals generally "feel" paranormal activity first. They cannot only see better, they hear and feel better.

There was another study done in regular everyday 20 year old homes. The researchers found that in a standard home there are frequencies below 18hz almost consistently across the panel. It is believed that is why children(because of their less developed middle ear) and animals get feelings of anxiety in homes they move to. Not only a change of scenery, but a change of familiar frequency can cause all kinds of issues.

Now how does this relate to the paranormal you may ask? Well it is believed that spirits speak on a lower frequency at 2-3 times the speed of human speech. It is also believed that spirits feed on energy, which is exuded from the human body and even more-so when they are under anxietal strains.

The relation between Hz and EMF's are also commonly studied together. I will try to dig up both research papers and post 'em here if anyone is interested?

Far out: The fear frequency | Science | The Guardian

Made me wonder if *some* people can hear this frequency better than others...

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
When I was in first or second grade we lived in this small house that always gave me the creeps. I have no idea why it did, but it just did. One night I awoke to the feeling of a hand being pressed down against my chest. I didn't see anything but the pressure kept increasing. I could feel the fingers, thumb and palm very distinctly. I tried to scream but my mouth just hung open with nothing coming out. All of a sudden it was gone.

All these years I've played it off as my mind playing tricks on me, waking up soo suddenly or a number of other things....but, at the same time, I STILL can't dismiss how much it seemed like a hand.

Who knows......

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
There is a phenomena called sleep paralysis. The subject thinks they come awake but are actually only partially awake. At the same time, there is a mechanism in the brain that makes people not get up and move around while asleep. (This is why sleepwalking is rare and dangerous) So you are partially awake, but still dreaming, you can't move because of a sleeping mechanism the brain has in place and everything seems so real...

Not saying this is what happened, but that is one reasonable explanation as to what occured.

When I was in first or second grade we lived in this small house that always gave me the creeps. I have no idea why it did, but it just did. One night I awoke to the feeling of a hand being pressed down against my chest. I didn't see anything but the pressure kept increasing. I could feel the fingers, thumb and palm very distinctly. I tried to scream but my mouth just hung open with nothing coming out. All of a sudden it was gone.

All these years I've played it off as my mind playing tricks on me, waking up soo suddenly or a number of other things....but, at the same time, I STILL can't dismiss how much it seemed like a hand.

Who knows......

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
The relation between Hz and EMF's are also commonly studied together. I will try to dig up both research papers and post 'em here if anyone is interested?

Hi Jibba, I'm most interested in EMF & Hz if you have papers or links to share!
I've been a telcom tech most of my life, and I find "sound" very interesting.
One theory that especially interests me to study further, is that sound waves may not dissipate, and some EMFs may be reverberated sound waves that are very old. When I heard about this, it was presented that the more "force" or rage released with the sound made the waves stronger.

There is so much of interest on these topics, I feel like I could study for a lifetime and never get it all absorbed!
Thank you for your input into this thread! It's very interesting!

Free2BMe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
IL
Another little weird thing....

My father-in-law and his father both passed away within a year of each other. Not long after that, my grandmother-in-law (?) came down with cancer in her bones. Her legs got soo bad that she couldn't really move around on her own. We all took turns checking in on her and helping her out but it was mainly my mother-in-law that would go over each night, help Grandma get ready for bed, tuck her in, etc.

One day Grandma had a doctor's visit and my mother-in-law took her to the appointment. On the way, Grandma told her that she had fallen out of bed the night before and that her deceased husband and son showed up to get her back in bed. Needless to say, my mother-in-law dismissed this as a dream....until she had to help Grandma get undressed at the doctor's office, discovering her hip was completely black and blue. She knew it hadn't been there the night before because she had helped Grandma bathe then get into bed...and she also knew if Grandma did fall that she couldn't get herself back up.

Just one of those things that really makes you wonder I guess. *shrug*

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
I know I have a lot of papers saved on my office computer. When I finally get over to my office again, I will grab that PC and bring it home and start going through it. I not only have research on it, I have a lot of unedited audio/video clips from prior investigations...

Hi Jibba, I'm most interested in EMF & Hz if you have papers or links to share!
I've been a telcom tech most of my life, and I find "sound" very interesting.
One theory that especially interests me to study further, is that sound waves may not dissipate, and some EMFs may be reverberated sound waves that are very old. When I heard about this, it was presented that the more "force" or rage released with the sound made the waves stronger.

There is so much of interest on these topics, I feel like I could study for a lifetime and never get it all absorbed!
Thank you for your input into this thread! It's very interesting!

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
I know I have a lot of papers saved on my office computer. When I finally get over to my office again, I will grab that PC and bring it home and start going through it. I not only have research on it, I have a lot of unedited audio/video clips from prior investigations...

Can't wait to see/read it all. I'm fascinating by the paranormal and am happy that someone linked to this thread in another discussion.

Very interesting stories everyone - I can't wait to read more. I have only had one, maybe two, questionable experiences myself. But, I do have a friend that has had some unique experiences. I'll be back to post and read when I have more time.

More stories please!

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
:?: hmmm...Some one is in the mood to play here at my house the past few days :blink: My hubby is in the bedroom sleeping in this morning. I heard him call me just now with the usual "hey honey?". So I go down the hall and find him just a snoring away all bundled up in his blankets. I waited a few minutes to see if he was faking me out but he never moved and kept on a steady snore. When I heard this "Hey Honey " AGAIN ! This time in a more playful tone of voice and it WASN'T him !! Hubby never moved his lips or missed a snore because I was watching him. The voice was right there in the bedroom. It was like they were giggling because they made me go in there :?:. And this... when I came home from shopping a couple days ago, I had put things away as I always do. There was a sale on the 12 pack toilet paper. So I got 3 packs of it. I put them on the top shelf in the bathroom. (open shelves) I had gotten an order of cartomisers that day and had them sitting on the table next to me at the computer. I turn the computer on and was looking at my email when I hear this BANG ! It came from the bathroom. I go into the bathroom and the package of paper I had in the middle of the 3 on the shelf had been taken off and thrown against the washing machine. The other 2 were still right where I'd put them. All fit nicely on the shelf so it wasn't as though it would slide off by itself. My hubby was in the kitchen at the time so there was nobody else in there. :blink: I pick that up and put it back on the shelf. I said out loud without realizing I was even talking, Please don't do that again....I walk back into my computer room and continue my email reading when there goes the box of cartomisers ! They were laying flat on the table about 6 inches in from the edge of the table. There was no way that could slide off the table top by itself either. I could hear it too. It sounded like when your swiping your hand across the table. It landed on the floor about a foot away from me. I could not see anyone or feel anyone being there. But obviously somebody was. :laugh::laugh: What they wanted my attention for I still don't know as it was an average day. I guess they just wanted to play ? After that it was all quiet here until the "Hey Honey" this morning. :smokie:

Last edited:

Cisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Arizona
Playful spirits, Anita?! I'm with Free2BMe - better they happen to someone else. :blink:

I have just two stories to share, I think. After all these years, the details are fuzzy on some so will just skip those. The first I remember is from nearly 40 years ago. Names have been changed. :)

Mary was travelling down the freeway one morning when she glanced over at the car beside her. She was quite surprised to see a man who looked exactly like her Uncle Bob in the car next to her. He turned his face toward her and she was sure it must be him. Except that was impossible, he lived nearly 2,000 miles away and she would know if he were making a visit. And then she glanced to her other side and there he was again in another car. And, sure enough, when she looked in the rearview mirror, he was in the car behind her. He was in every car she looked at.

Shaken at this point she exited to the nearest phone booth and called her mom. Her mom suggested she wait in a café and she would join her shortly. Before joining her, Mary’s mom called her brother, Uncle Bob. Turns out Uncle Bob had just been pronounced dead shortly before the phone call.

That’s the first psychic experience I remember. The second one I remember has a more “oh my” factor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread