Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Hey Jibba,

I have a statement and a question.

First, when I was young (many years ago) we would occasionally hear stories about ghosts and most of these were considered to be tall tales if not outright lies. I suppose that unless something happened to you personally they were considered untrue stories and people didn't discuss the subject much.

Today with the investigative techniques and equipment available, proof of ghosts/spirits existence seems to be inarguable. To me its interesting that today we have thousands (or more) reports of contacts with spirits worldwide every year and the matter is discussed openly.

My point is that apparently ghosts and spirits have been with us all along and it leaves me wondering why it took so long for them to be accepted and openly discussed.

My question is this. Mankind as we know it (homo sapiens) have been around for approximately 200,000 years. I wonder why the ghosts and spirits that people seem to have contact with today are only from the last few hundred years at most. Where have the ghosts and spirits from a thousand, three thousand of a hundred thousand years gone?

If you have any knowledge of this and could share it with me, I'd appreciate it.

TT

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
Hey Jibba,

First, when I was young (many years ago) we would occasionally hear stories about ghosts and most of these were considered to be tall tales if not outright lies. I suppose that unless something happened to you personally they were considered untrue stories and people didn't discuss the subject much.

Today with the investigative techniques and equipment available, proof of ghosts/spirits existence seems to be inarguable. To me its interesting that today we have thousands (or more) reports of contacts with spirits worldwide every year and the matter is discussed openly.

My point is that apparently ghosts and spirits have been with us all along and it leaves me wondering why it took so long for them to be accepted and openly discussed.

My question is this. Mankind as we know it (homo sapiens) have been around for approximately 200,000 years. I wonder why the ghosts and spirits that people seem to have contact with today are only from the last few hundred years at most. Where have the ghosts and spirits from a thousand, three thousand of a hundred thousand years gone?

If you have any knowledge of this and could share it with me, I'd appreciate it.

TT
From all the shows I've watched on the paranormal (which is a lot lol), they say that a spirits energy will fade away after some time. I guess it takes quite awhile but it makes sense.

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
There was and still is a stigma with believers in the paranormal and in some locations it is still VERY taboo to talk about it.

Hey Jibba,

"Proof is always arguable as it is subjective. One persons apparition is anothers shadow play of light and trickery. A non-believer will always be a non-believer just as an evolutionist will never believe a creationist... The media has always in some way reported on accounts of paranormal sightings. It's just in the information age, we see it more widely now, as before it took longer for news to travel of stories and would sometimes die before the story reached us....

For as long as man could communicate, stories of ghosts have been discussed. It seems more prevalent now, but that is again, because of the advancement in communications...

M0dr0d has it right. The energy of a passing human or animal is absorbed into the collective of energy pulsing our world. Over time it does fade. Here in the U.S. we have only a few hundred years of living history. That is why indian spirits and later are what we experience... However, in Europe and other Worldwide locations, they have spirits that are thousands of years old and still sighted to this day... I suppose it has to do with geographical location. Prior to North America being widely settled, there were sparce inhabitants. If you go to those area of habitation, you might experience older ghosts...

TT

As with anything, my research is general, and information is and can be obtained from wiki's and library media. And of, course there is a tiny bit of conjecture in everything I say ;^)

Vaporlass

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Mmmm...I'm new...so 'hello...' While searching for info on Texas T-a neighbor of mine Ive discovered through the threads I saw he started this...so I had to come check it out. Plus I have lots of stories about what I call paranormal events and experiences. So until we can get together TT and have coffee I will share here. Which one???

One night I had a dream and I saw my Daddy who had passed away a few years earlier. I was smiling and happy to see him alive again and then another man came in the room. I was shocked when I realized it was my Uncle Owen...I hadnt seen him in 25 years! I was confused because everything I had ever been told and remembered about him wasnt good. I wondered why he was with my Daddy! Then a little girl came in and climbed into Uncle Owens lap. Who was she I wondered.
I woke up remembering the whole dream and wondering what it meant.
Im one of those people who tend to analyze everything! I had dreams before and so I decided I better check on my cousin- my Uncle Owens daughter by my moms sister. I mention that because he was not connected to myfather except by marriage. I called my Mom and asked about my cousin. I didnt tell her why... We are a family who doesnt believe in coincidences. She called me back to tell me my cousin was fine. No problems. I told her about my strange dream and she said, "Omg, your Aunt said she got a call yesterday from a woman who said she was Owens second wife and she was calling to tell Owens 'other' children -their sister had died.
Sure enough I googled Owens name and his daughter who lived in Texarkana-who we had never met or knew existed had died. I was blown away....and Im still not sure why I had that dream. I did send a letter to the mother telling her about my dream. Im sure she thought I was crazy but I was hoping it would comfort her.

Last edited:

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
I do not look for the paranormal, but it seems to find me. When my wife and I were dating, I visited her family. My wife's sister collected Civil War artifacts and had an old bayonet in her room. I was to sleep in my soon to be sister-in-law's room while my wife and her sister shared the other bed room.
I got ready for bed and was just starting to doze when someone who weighed about 160 pounds sat on the end of my bed. The room was not brightly lit, but I could still see details in the room from the street light, and I could tell that there was nobody sitting on the end of my bed. The fact that the end of the bed was still depressed gave me a little concern, so I said something silly and what ever was sitting on the bed got up. The bed returned to normal and I hugged the pillow closely around my head and tried to get to sleep. As I was starting to doze again, the pillow that I was hugging very tightly went flying from the bed and landed across the room. I had quite enough for the night and went off to sleep in the bathroom. The next morning I asked about it, and found that (from various investigations conducted by my sister-in-law) that a Confederate soldier had been killed by the bayonet and evidently hung out where ever the bayonet was. The only reason I could figure why he picked on my is that I am a country boy from below the Mason-Dixon line and this soldier felt like playing a few tricks on this country boy.
He never bothered me anymore, but I was able to catch a few glimpses of this Confederate ghost on different visits to their house.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
If you study the Tanach (the old testament for you folks of a different faith) you will see several instances of ghosts being mentioned and how we are not supposed to be seeking them.

Hey Jibba,

TT

Vaporlass

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Texas
By the way T....the reason I think we dont have older ghosts is because spirits and souls evolve over time and through many lives on earth. Perhaps even the memories of spirits is limited by their more recent experiences rather than those of long ago. I like to think of spirits as regular people-some are very mature and some are childish-determined by their hard-headedness and resistance to change. There are people who get stuck in the past and just dont want things to change. Considering that. ...Old ghosts wouldnt think of coming to America from England-where they have lived for so long. We are a much younger country-even to the native Indians-some of my ancestors :)

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
I mentioned history being why we may not have older spirits here in North America in a previous post. I do have to say that the idea of energy being recycled into the environment or re-incarnation of spirit energy could explain the lack of older spirits.

Whatever a particular persons beliefs, it is simply to believe that matters!

By the way T....the reason I think we dont have older ghosts is because spirits and souls evolve over time and through many lives on earth. Perhaps even the memories of spirits is limited by their more recent experiences rather than those of long ago. I like to think of spirits as regular people-some are very mature and some are childish-determined by their hard-headedness and resistance to change. There are people who get stuck in the past and just dont want things to change. Considering that. ...Old ghosts wouldnt think of coming to America from England-where they have lived for so long. We are a much younger country-even to the native Indians-some of my ancestors :)

Vaporlass

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Texas
@Stevew.443 I have and continue to study the OT. What we are not suppose to seek is the Dead-Symbolic word for unloving people or spirits-not literal. Nor are we to seek out witches -psychics- to contact the dead as Saul did when he spoke with Samuel who had passed away. But, you should consider that was Sauls law (meaning human's)- not Gods- and it was designed to turn men to seek their King-a man -rather than the spirits. My opinion after studying these books extensively for 15 years - in Hebrew and Greek.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
Another encounter with something strange. My wife worked for a lawyer and he had his office in a small house that had been built in the mid 1800's. He decided to have the 2nd floor of the house redone, and as part of the renovation, the electricity had been disconnected to the 2nd floor. A friend and I were driving by the house late one night and I saw the upstairs lit brightly. I pulled into the parking lot and was able to see two sides of the house (the front and the right side). One of the rooms that was lit brightly had windows on both sides of the house. The window on the front side was brightly lit, while the window to the very same room on the right side of the house was totally dark. A little investigation showed that the light coming from the front side seemed to not have any source, but seemed as if the entire room was glowing. My friend decided this was too freaky and urged me to leave as quickly as possible.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
@Stevew.443 I have and continue to study the OT. What we are not suppose to seek is the Dead-Symbolic word for unloving people or spirits-not literal. Nor are we to seek out witches -psychics- to contact the dead as Saul did when he spoke with Samuel who had passed away. But, you should consider that was Sauls law (meaning human's)- not Gods- and it was designed to turn men to seek their King-a man -rather than the spirits. My opinion after studying these books extensively for 15 years - in Hebrew and Greek.

I will have to defer to you then since I have only studied in Hebrew (it was written only in Hebrew [Lashon HaKodesh]) and most of my study is in Torah and not the writings or prophets.

Vaporlass

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Well thank you Steve...sorry if I seemed a bit brusque. I am surrounded by people who are not very spiritual and I tend to be defensive at times :) All the people I know who read the Bible literally tend to describe God as wrathful and angry and they condemn others according to the laws written in it-which really bothers me. Those who I know that are atheists that read it literally call God a murderer. From my studies the only way to avoid these things was to read it symbolically rather than literally and it seemed to have a message for ALL people rather than just a select few :) After all God says He loved the world...and some people seem to take the scripture about only a "few" finding the Kingdom of God as only a few will be saved from this world. Personally I just don't agree with the idea that there is only a limited number in this world that will be saved.
It just didn't make sense after I defined God in my mind -as the greatest spirit of love -impartial and unlimited. I have found that if I utilize this description in my studies of the Bible-I don't even need my Hebrew/Greek dictionaries...I only need to apply this definition to get the true meaning of scriptures. It has expanded my territory rather than limiting me to only one religion-I can see how some aspect of all of them must be combined to become whole.
I cannot find any negative aspect of spiritual (paranormal) relations-other than those created in man's mind and in the movies. I tend to think that the way we define things is often how things become for us. It seems pretty obvious to me (now after years of research) that we were intended to become more spiritual -by relating to POSITIVE spirits and invisible energies but I realize it takes a leap of faith for many to crossover to this kind of interaction. I find it easier because the ones I have lost have not always lived a long life or been able to realize their hopes, goals and dreams while in the world during my current lifetime :) Oh, yes...I believe in reincarnation as well. :-0
It was literally a choice between constant sorrow, pain and hurt for many years or reaching out to those no longer present physically-in a spiritual way.
My research and studies on it are endless ...and I can't express it all here. But I can and will (if allowed) describe the numerous events that I have experienced that cannot be explained in any other way and that I believe are not contradicted in the Bible -but are in fact supported. Please forgive me if my passion about this subject tends to make me sound negative or harsh in any way. It is certainly not my intention. :)

Last edited:

Vaporlass

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Another paranormal/spiritual event. It may be too personal and graphic for some -sorry.
It was 2001 and my Daddy was very ill and in ICU. So ill in fact that the doctors told me that he had only days to live. I was an emotional basket case to say the least. There was no one I loved more on this earth than my father. My mother always said I was just like him and she usually was not paying me or him a compliment when she said it :) we are hard-headed and stubborn among other things. He had called me just that morning and asked me to come and take him to the hospital even though my mother was right there with him. I felt honored. His request before I walked him in the emergency room was for me not to let him suffocate-his breathing was really bad at this point from years of working with lead paint and other chemicals as well as smoking. I promised.
Though some may not agree with his decision-it was decided that he would be given an overdose of morphine to ease the transition. I was not on board with this at all-I wanted him here with me-period. He told me to 'hush'...and "let him go." My respect for this great man that I loved demanded I agree with his decision. After all I knew (or thought) he wanted to see my brother-(his oldest son) again who we had lost 19 years earlier.
He asked me to do one more thing later that evening just before he took that last large dose of morphine that I thought would immediately end his life. He asked me not to stay by his side and watch him die. I promised without actual consideration of the request.
At 10:00 pm that night I was there alone holding his hand as his beautiful blue eyes closed for the last time. I stayed for hours and watched as his breathing became more and more labored-forgetting about the promise I made- as he sank into a deeper and deeper coma. I began reading to him...talking to him and then I asked him to please send me a sign when he saw my brother. My younger brother overheard this request and stated, "He cant hear you..." At which point-all of my Daddy's machines started going crazy...and his BP, pulse and others stats soared back to almost normal and began jumping up and down as I spoke and told my brother, "Yes he can hear me." My brother and the nurse didn't doubt it after that light display on the monitors :)
At around 3:30 am...I couldn't take it anymore and I cashed in my "Don't Stay and Watch Me" card. I felt like a coward because I couldn't remain and hold his hand...but my heart couldn't stand it. My brother remained and I went outside-ignoring all those in the ICU waiting room-except my husband- I asked him to come get me when it was over. I wanted to be alone.
Then, I went and got into my car and just screamed and cried and begged God to end what I perceived to be my Daddy's exceptionally long and intense suffering. I wept for hours.
As the sun was beginning to come up...I was still crying so hard that as I opened my eyes to see those first rays of light -it appeared to be raining-it wasn't. And as I looked out of my window at that sunrise -resenting how beautiful it looked on one of the worst days of my life- a small sparrow landed on my front glass window -directly in front of me and just sat there and looked directly at me. For some reason I in that moment I glanced at my car clock and it read 6:11 -strange I thought since that was my birthdate. Then I realized he was gone and as that thought hit me-the small sparrow flew straight up into the heavens.
I jumped out of the car and as I ran the two hundred yards to the ICU back door to see if it really meant anything or I was imagining things-I saw my husband walking towards me... He ran and hugged me and whispered, "He's gone..." I smiled and said, "I know..."
The official record says my Daddy died at 6:15 am but I know exactly when it happened. I used to think that the reason it was a bird who brought that message was because my older brother's nickname was "Bird." But I recently read while researching that sparrows since ancient times were believed to be messengers and that they could see souls ascending and descending from Heaven. All I know is that I got exactly what I had requested-a sign from the other side.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Whew ... Vaporlass ... that's powerful.

The passing of your father and his own personal strength as well as his desire to keep a promise to you that was realized with the sparrow is something that to me, is as normal and understandable as the sunrise you mentioned. I can accept this without any hesitation.

What really astounds me are your thoughts and comments about love. I suspect the great writers, poets and artists throughout history would have appreciated the chance to learn about love from you. Its interesting that we can accept the idea of spirits and ghosts quite easily, but love is a mystery that very few truly understand.

Thanks, you've given me a lot to think about.

TT

Last edited:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I'll be waiting for you on pins and needles Free!

And did you notice we have our very own paranormal expert on here to educate us and to help us understand our experiences. His name is Jibba73 and we're all very honored that he would join us and help us with all this.

We'll all be waiting to hear your experiences!

TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread