Stories of the Paranormal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Jibba, what do you know about cats? I had my beloved Maine Coone cat die. He died naturally in our home. The next day a super friendly Tortoiseshell cat came to our doorstep. It freaked me out because it was too friendly. I did read something about this once upon a time. However, my hard drive was infected and I lost all of my research.

Last edited:

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
The only Mythos I have on cats is that they were believed to be "witches" Familiars... In other words, a witch or warlock could go into a trance and see what the animal saw. The Ancient Egyptians regarded cats as symbols of power and grace and only the elite were allowed to own them.

For personal experiences with cats and dogs, they are highly sensitive to moods. They can and do sense your mood. They are also indicators of spirit activity as they can sense energy and heat at a much higher rate than humans can.

I saw the ghost of my wifes cat here at home last year on the 5th anniversary of it's death here in the house. I had never met the cat. I knew that it died here. I never saw pictures(too painful for my wife to have out). So I kept seeing a low to the ground shadow with what looked like a tail sticking straight up(Pin straight up) exiting the livingroom. I asked my wife about her cat and she said it had died 5 years ago on that date. When I asked if it was a black and white with a straight tail, she told me it's tail would go straight when it was getting mischievous... I can only assume that is what I saw.

Jibba, what do you know about cats? I had my beloved Maine Coone cat die. He died naturally in our home. The next day a super friendly calico cat came to our doorstep. It freaked me out because it was too friendly. I did read something about this once upon a time. However, my hard drive was infected and I lost all of my research.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Prior to any investigation we recite both the Saint Michaels Prayer and our Native American member calls on a protective guide to shield us. As with anything that is unknown, we can only hope that these work...
Native American protective guides are very powerful. I know, I was protected by one. Back some 26 years ago I lived in a summer cottage on a river. There were 10 cottages on this piece of property. It was used on a 100yr. lease from a farmer down the road. The land was home to an Indian burial ground, on a hill over looking the river, nicely wooded, extremely quiet. These cabins had been there for years. The town it was in had the IBM corp move in and it was growing rapidly. It was decided that the landfill was full and they needed more land for a new one. The town decided to take this property from the land owner eminent domain. There was a huge fight over this and everything was tried to stop the process. In the meantime some of the cabin owners contacted a local tribes Chief to come and see what he could do as far as stopping it because of the burial ground etc. The night he came to speak with us was one I'll not forget. We talked and he asked to walk thru the property. As we got ready to go through the woods he prayed and then called to the spirits there. Here it is about 11 pm and pitch dark as we went. He chanted and called to them a few times. When out from the roadway came a HUGE eagle, spread it's wings, hovered and flew right at the chief. It was clearly visible as a spirit. Then it was gone. Of course we were completely freaked out, but he knew what it was and had communicated with it. After talking to the spirits he told us he would help. There was a sweat lodge assembled and more communication with the spirits to come. In this process however, everyone there or on the property had to remain pure. There was things you couldn't do or have in your possession while all this takes place. To make a long story short here (sorry for the ramble) For the ones who didn't listen to what was required, they were not protected. They had things thrown about their homes (not by a human) pictures fall off the walls, fires just start on their stove burners by themselves, a horse was hung on a tree (they got to him before he died) with a rope that wasn't there before, one guy smoked something he wasn't supposed to (not cigarettes lol) and was picked up mid air and dragged around the sweat lodge in front of everyone. There was all kinds of stuff going on. I never had anything bad happen to me. Just visions of passing Indians by my door.They looked at me as they passed and smiled.(Only when this was going on.) Those of us who paid attention to the guides rules were fine. In the end the town didn't care what the Native American people declared as to the land & took it over from the farmer. They proceeded to take all the cabins down. That part went well. But when they came with bull dozers etc to make a large road for their new dump the residents of the past stopped them. Every time they tried to enter on that land their machinery would break down, get damaged, and bad things would happen to the workers. Eventually it cost the town so much money for repairs and no one wanted to go in there anymore, the land sits vacant and the spirits are happy.

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Land of the Dragon, Western NC
To save time I will just comment to everyone here in one box, lol. Yes, I have been reading and enjoying all these happenings.

Jibba, I went and checked out your site. You have some cool pics up! I will keep checking to see the updates. I will also have to show that to my daughter, she is all into stuff like that. Not that she came by it honest, lol!

Anita, I love your story! I have always been fasicinated with Native American stories like that. I have always wanted to be able to encounter such things but it just hasn't happened for me yet.

Texas T, sounds like you have had some crazy encounters too!! Just goes to show we will never know as much as we think we do. Although many things are not probable, it doesn't mean not possible. Anyway, that is what I always tell the kids.

SDH, did the strange cat stay with you or just visit? That was an interesting happening.

Techno, I had never heard about the birds being messengers, I am learning things here! Great story also.

Uba, I so understand what your saying, I have had the, ummm, well you know, scared out of me playing with things (spirits) I should not have as a child. But then again, when I was young, there wasn't computers to spend my time on, lol

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Hello all,

I loved to be scared, I had no problem, as a kid, watching scary movies. ( no bad dreams )
The house I lived in as a kid had a weird layout. From the living room, through the kitchen,
laundry room, into the den, you could see from one end of the house all the way to the other end.
Sitting in the living room watching tv, you could see down this kinda hallway to the den.
At night, light from the living room only made it as far as the laundry room and left the den
in shadows. Several times I would swear I saw shadows crossing the opening to the den out the
corner of my eye while looking at the tv. The first couple of times I got up to investigate, but
found nothing. I mostly was able to ignore it, but sometimes I had to sit on other end of couch
so I couldn't see down the hall. LOL. Even at that age I was mature enough to figure I was
imagining things, until one night, I was in my bed and I heard my mom calling to me.
She wanted to know what I was doing out of bed and trying to scare her. I heard her get up and
walk down the hallway and a minute later come back up the hallway. After a moment she came
to my door and looked in. After she stared at me for a moment, I told her I had seen the shadows too.
She was obviously startled by my comment, but then shook her head and said "don't be silly",
and then closed the door. The next day the furniture got rearranged so that you weren't looking
down the hallway while sitting on couch or recliner. :p

A more recent event would be after I moved into a newly built house.
While watching tv or playing on computer with the lights on, to all hours of the night, I would hear
nothing, but as soon as I turned out all the lights and went to bed, I would hear all kinds of sounds.
Mostly clicking or snapping kinda sounds. At first I would get up and try to figure out what was making
the noise, but could find nothing. A couple of times I did hear a noise while I was up. It was a sharp snap
or single clack like 2 pieces of plastic snapping together. It had just enough of a hollow sound I couldn't
really tell what direction it was coming from. Of course I figured this was just settling noises of a new house.
I figured it only happened after I turned off the lights because they were recessed ceiling lights with the
halogen bulbs that burn hot. As they cooled after being turned off, they would make noise.

This was a perfectly good excuse, until one particularly noisy night, I was laying in bed with my back to the
open door. I heard a double click that sounded like it was right outside my door and made me open my eyes,
only to see one cat jump off the foot of bed to hide under it and the other cat sit up sharply and stare intently
at my door. I closed my eyes and told myself firmly that I was not going to look over my shoulder, there was
no noise, and I was going back to sleep. :eek: :facepalm:

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
VD (heh sorry), The first house layout you describe was referred to in the south as a shotgun house... I believe. Because they were setup so that you could blast a shotgun straight through without it hitting a wall. LOL, Saw it on This Old House, so it must be so.

In your new house, it could be as you suggested, hot pot lights expanding and contracting as well as the possiblity of the new wiring in the walls expanding and contracting from heat... I heard this before from other investigation teams. The cats would certainly hear the noise louder than you which could be startling to them. They can also feel EMF or Electro Magnetic Field, from wiring and appliances at a higher frequency. One last thing on that, keep your alarm clock further than 2 feet from your head when you sleep and you'll sleep sounder. They give off MASSIVE EMF's.

Lastly... it could be a ghost!

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
You're right about the shotgun house, though not in my case. The "hallway" I described was the front half of the house,
while the backside was 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. That's why I called the layout weird.

The noises in the new house were more than likely just that, a new house settling in. Sometimes there are those moments
though, that make your gut clench and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. I love those moments.

I read somewhere, that someone said "As children we dream of flying, and stop having those dreams when we become
adults in our minds". I had dreams of flying until I was in my 30's. I was always open to a sense of wonder, and the world
unseen. I even fancied I was sensitive to auras around old places, though I was also pragmatic enough to admit I
"wanted" to be.

The power of the mind is a wonderful and terrible thing. We have the power to heal or make ourselves sick, just from
the power of our beliefs. As someone who considers themselves well versed in science and the fey, I have to wonder,
are all things paranormal and/or fey, just fancies of the mind, or maybe, they used to be part of our world until science
taught us to not believe, until the point they were pushed beyond our ken.

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
I still have dreams of flying at 35. I'm never gonna grow up. I'm a Toys R Us kid. lol

I have another story that happened when I was attending Job Corps.

I don't know how old the campus was or how old the dorm was but it was the biggest dorm on campus (40 student cap). The other dorms on campus only had a 25 student cap. Anyhow, I moved from the room I was in to bunk with a good friend of mine. It was a very small room, barely big enough for the bunk bed and 2 double wide lockers. I slept on the top bunk (this is of importance later). At some point, we started to notice the room never stayed warm. It often felt really cold in there and never seemed to warm up. We never thought much of it though until this one time right before the weekend. I was sleeping soundly in my bunk when I heard my friend get up and leave the room. I figured he was probably headed to the bathroom. I fall back to sleep. Later, I wake up to him hopping up in my bunk and me kicking him to get off. When we woke that morning I asked him what that was about. He said he had no clue why he did that. My friend was a complete homophobe so he was more than a little embarrassed. He continued to say that just before jumping into my bunk he had woken up in the hallway in front our room, confused. He went home for the weekend that night. The next morning, in the room alone, I woke up to this feeling like I was sliding out of bed. It felt as though someone was lifting the mattress up behind me to try to dump me off the bed (behind me was the wall). As I realized this I awoke startled to find nothing out of the ordinary. I brushed it off as just a dream and went back to sleep. That day I went home for the weekend. That night, at home, I had this dream about a female spirit trying to choke me and laughing. I awoke feeling, briefly, like the blanket was being pressed against my throat. I thought, just another dream. My aunt decided she wanted to drive back with me and my dad to the campus. On the ride back, I started to doze off when I felt what seemed like a woman's fingernail poke me in the back of my neck. I woke startled and looked in the back to see my dad just sitting calmly with his hands in his lap. My aunt was driving so it wasn't her and my dad didn't have fingernails. Just a dream, I thought again. Back on campus, after all that happened the past few days, I couldn't shake all the coincidences. When my roommate got back from his weekend I told him everything that happened to me. He then told me similar things had happened to him as well. That night we both switched to new rooms. A couple other students moved into the room shortly after and we jokingly asked them how they liked the cold in there. They said it wasn't cold at all, in fact they said they room was often too hot. Neither me or my friend experienced anything else after that.

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Good point. That is why it is often believed that children are more "sensitive" to spirit energy and have the ability to "see" spirits as their mind is less clouded with "logical" thought.
Most children loose this over time with logical thoughts as you said, and I think that's sad. They could teach us all some interesting things if they just kept the ability. A friend of mines granddaughter was visiting her and she told me this the day after the girl went home. My friend had built a new home right across the street from a funeral home. She herself has had weird experiences there. I'll tell you some another time. But the granddaughter's story....She and Gramma were having a quiet time in the livingroom just the two of them when the girl told her she'd been underground. Of course this was confusing to Gramma and she asked what she was talking about. She said she had been living underground and it was all dark. There were flowers that grew on top of her and she described the trees and area around where she was. She said sometimes she'd come up to the top of the land and go around to see other people. By now this is freaking my friend out big time as she knew the girl was speaking of a grave. The granddaughter was 4 years old at the time. She didn't let on to the girl and the conversation flowed freely. Come to find out, the girl was talking about "her new friend " she'd met the night before, not herself, that came into the house. The more info she gave Gramma, the pieces fit. The girl had passed and went thru the funeral home and the cemetery was as the girl described. This girl had never been to the cemetery before. It was down the road from her house, and not on the main road. As she got older and still came to see her Gramma, she stopped seeing her "friend".

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
pumpkin_face_scared_hg_wht21.gif

aka - lemme "subscribe" :)
thanks for sharing, guys!!

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
This story is what happened in the same house of my friend with the granddaughter. She lives in Arkansas. Her husband was away on business in MO when this happened. She always gets weird stuff in the one bedroom of that house. Why, I don't know. Maybe because it's the most directly across from the funeral home? Anyways, we had plans to go out one day and I arrived early to her house. She answered the door and was not right. She was all a frazzle and looked scared to death. She still had her bath robe on. I asked her what happened and she said she had worn her favorite night gown to bed. This night gown had little buttons all the way down the front of it to the floor. It was a pain in the .... she told me to undo so she'd always slip it over her head, not unbuttoning it. She was awakened by something pressing on her and she could hear breathing but no one was in the room but her. This went on for a few minutes then she said it stopped and she was able to fall asleep again. She assumed she was dreaming it. She didn't know how long after that but she was awakened again and she couldn't feel the bed. She said she was suspended in the air a couple inches above the bed, the bed was shaking and her night gown was blowing. She was all sweaty and when she screamed she fell back onto the bed went to cover herself back up and noticed ALL the buttons on her gown were undone ! And that the blankets were on the floor. She said she jumped out of bed and ran out the bedroom door then slammed it shut.She hadn't gone back in the room until I got there. She was afraid to go back in to get ready to leave with me. I opened the door and there it was definately cold in there, it felt weird to me too. But I didn't see anything. She never slept in there again and when her husband came home they switched all the bedroom things to the other spare room. Any one who stays over at their house never gets a good nights rest in that room. But no one can explain why they keep getting woke up. She was the only one who came out and said she was touched though. It's pretty freaky seeing it was a new home at the time.( that's also the room where the granddaughter stayed and met her "friend".)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread