Storing Freebase in the freezer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Macdonald

Jan 19, 2021
Hey guys,

I have about 1L of freebase nicotine (in Propylene Glycol) in my freezer to prepare myself for the upcoming Australian vaping apocalypse. I suspect I won't use this Nicotine until the end of this year when the ban comes in.

I have already opened both bottles (500mL each) and transferred them into amber glass jars.

My question today is am I fine to transfer future Nicotine from their plastic bottles to glass jars even if they won't be used for perhaps years down the track? I know the glass jars are better for storage as plastic is permeable, but future bottles won't be used for even longer than my current ones. I am just worried if the air that no doubt gains access to these bottles can do more damage than just keeping it in a plastic bottle. I don't have access to argon to replace the air that would be inside these bottles.

So, do I leave future bottles in plastic to avoid air getting in? Or am I still better to transfer them to the amber jars and keep them all in the freezer despite the fact air would be entering these jars upon transfer from plastic to amber glass jars. I guess the question is would the air gaining access to these bottles going to do more damage than just keeping them in their original bottles?

Many thanks!

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Just make sure you fill the bottles all the way up before you cap them.
Freezing will not cause them to expand, it's not water and won't really freeze. just get thick.
I feel the glass is better than plastic!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Daniel Macdonald. Glass is certainly better than plastic, as has already been stated, and as you know too. IMO, no more air (or not enough to really matter anyway) would be added to the mix by transferring from a plastic bottle to a glass bottle. Not only would a plastic bottle allow some (a tiny bit but some) air to permeate thru, it could also (hold on a sec, tryin' to find the right word) disintegrate (for lack of a better/right word) a tiny bit of its' materials into the juice. That last statement most probably wouldn't happen for weeks or months, maybe even a year or two or more, but personally I'd sleep much sounder knowing my base was stored in glass bottles rather than plastic.

Reactions: smacuser

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

So, do I leave future bottles in plastic to avoid air getting in? Or am I still better to transfer them to the amber jars and keep them all in the freezer despite the fact air would be entering these jars upon transfer from plastic to amber glass jars. I guess the question is would the air gaining access to these bottles going to do more damage than just keeping them in their original bottles?

Many thanks!

Hi Daniel. Welcome to the ECF.

I Wouldn't get too hung up on Worrying about Opening those Plastic Bottles. I mean Think about it... Aren't you going to have to Open Up those bottles Multiple Times down the Road to take some Nicotine Base out of them to use?

Nicotine Base Isn't as Rapidly Reactive to Oxygen as many people might think. And "Plastics" aren't Non-Permeable when it comes to Oxygen anyway.

Just transfer your Future Nicotine Base to Glass Bottles with Poly-Cone Caps and Call it a Day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread