stressed and loathing in New Orleans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
When you say 16 was too strong for you. How so??

Also, a change in vaping technique can sometimes help. Try taking slow deep drags, holding it in your mouth for a few seconds and then inhale(it you inhale into lungs) and then a slow exhale.

Nicotine absorbs into your body differently in vapor than smoke. It takes longer to absorb into your body, so the longer the vapor is in your body, the more nicotine you will absorb. Plus the slow deep drags cab be relaxing as well.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I know I will probably get a few flames, and snide comments but I want to be honest. So here goes nothing.
Really I am not good at nor really ever condoned self help groups. Just never was my style. I am really wanting to give this a go, but the past few days I have been going crazy for an analog. I am nearing 30 days analog free, but the other day one my coworkers asked me if I had a smoke they could bum. After that I started having serious cravings, and a lot of serious pent up anger and rage. Yesterday I was acting like I was demon possessed(a mild exaggeration, but I was a really nasty person). I have when quitting in the past with analogs or ecigs I tend to get down right angry and evil in my opinion. I do not like nor want to be angry every day of my life or resentful. I feel having analogs helped me not to be so hateful or quick to scream at people. Plus I am not as emo, as in texting my friends that I feel everything is over, example my bday I wanted to go hear a concert of one my fave bands and opted not , as I deemed i would be miserable wanting a cig,and I couldn't go to it. I really do not know what to do. All this anger and rage, and emo acting is not me. I have went 29 days without a real cig, but the whole time I have not been happy at all. I freak that I have gained 5 lbs, and have not really freaked out on food or anything, and again I am an organic vegan, who doesn't overeat, or indulge in sweets. I just want to be happy and healthy but this are just too much it seems.
So thats a wrap, i know some evangelicals of this are going to string me up by my toes, and beat me like a stepchild verbally over this, but what else could I expect. I hope some have some sympathy but not counting on it.
(waves my fly swatter at the heavens shouting yup bat country)

Hello and Welcome to ECF, Congrats on 30 Days too :toast:

You want to be MAD read this.

Freebasing Nicotine With Ammonia:

tobacco companies discovered that adding ammonia to the cigarette manufacturing process helps convert bound nicotine molecules in tobacco smoke into free nicotine molecules.
This process is known as "freebasing." Similar to the chemical process of freebasing coke, the end result is an enhanced effect of the drug on the user.
The smokers get exposed to higher internal nicotine doses and become more addicted to the product.

So they put this Poison in their Product to make sure it is harder for their customers to go with out it. :evil:

Now do you really want to give them your hard earned Money? :(

Knowing that help me put my Anger towards the People who earned it. :glare:

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
First, 504_Brunhileld, be proud of the 29 days you haven't had a cigarette. As others say, count your success by cigarettes not smoked. Nothing wrong with finding a group of people who understand what you're going through.

I agree with other responses that the 8mg must be too low. I think Hoosier has a good point, too.

Hang in there, take a deep breath and cut yourself some slack too. Quitting smoking is a tough task.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
First off OP it sounds like you need to get away from those people that are name calling and being miserable to you.

No wonder your in a bad mood with those types of influences.

If 8 mg nic is to low and 16 is to high then I suggest you put a couple of drops of each in your tank to lower the nic of the 16 or just order some 12 mg juice.

504_Brunhileld

Oct 24, 2013
Louisiana
Hoosier,
I am a very very very very to the 9th power hard critic on myself. I told myself after the $$ I dumped into getting started, I could not have just one, I'd feel like a jerk to myself, when coincidentally I am being a ..... to myself by inducing grief onto me. I just don't see why I need one after nearly 30 days, and again the situation seemed to get bad for me again when someone wanted to socially smoke with me. I was fine up until that point. I keep saying its only mental. But I do see your argument, if you want something go do it after all I am 37 not 7. But like to restate I am really rough on me, I am a bit of a perfectionist on myself. Plus the pressure of trying to by January to get one of my IT certs is a real killer also.

504_Brunhileld

Oct 24, 2013
Louisiana
Nightcall, I had to do it for health reasons. Going vegan seriously helped me with some hormonal and fibromyalgia issues. I felt awesome going on my 3rd month.It took a real long freaking while but it did get better. I am hoping faster than later the same with the vaping thing occurs. Trust me somedays I'd love to get ice cream but with also other issues TMI I won't get into lets just say, I like not being glued to a wastebasket and toilet at the same time.

504_Brunhileld

Oct 24, 2013
Louisiana
@nightcall also I have been a vegan longer before switching to vaping. I've been one for 2.5 years now. Best move I ever made. I don't evangelize it, and will often tell others, its not a lifestyle for everyone. And it honestly from what hubby stated was harder to go vegan than switch to vaping. I just feel bad he has had analogs till he can get back to vaping, the pulling from ecig is a bit sharp for almost 1.5 weeks out from having a wisdom tooth removed and such. He can't wait to get back to vaping.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Hoosier,
I am a very very very very to the 9th power hard critic on myself. I told myself after the $$ I dumped into getting started, I could not have just one, I'd feel like a jerk to myself, when coincidentally I am being a ..... to myself by inducing grief onto me. I just don't see why I need one after nearly 30 days, and again the situation seemed to get bad for me again when someone wanted to socially smoke with me. I was fine up until that point. I keep saying its only mental. But I do see your argument, if you want something go do it after all I am 37 not 7. But like to restate I am really rough on me, I am a bit of a perfectionist on myself. Plus the pressure of trying to by January to get one of my IT certs is a real killer also.

Branches that don't bend in the wind break.

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
Hon, there are soo many MAOI inhibitors in cigarettes, that anger, depression, moodiness, anxiety, etc, all rear their ugly heads when quitting. Try and mix your nic to get a more comfortable level, and just vape like crazy. The first few months, my PV was permanently attached to my mouth.

Don't add more "shoulds" and "musts" to your life, what you're doing is an amazing accomplishment. And, please, come here and vent anytime you need to, we're here for you ;)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Hoosier,

Make it more like yoga then. (Yes, I practice yoga and I'm built like a retired nose tackle)

What's the most important part of yoga? Breathe

What's the least important part of yoga? How your pose looks

Everybody's pose is different, but they all have the same stretch.

Why is breathe so important? In with the good and out with the bad. Let the stresses and demands on yourself pass by like clouds on the wind. Breathe into your new pose/life choice.

Why is the look of the pose so unimportant? The point is to get somewhere else, not what you, or anyone else thinks of that specific point in the journey. Work to your strengths. Relax through your weaknesses. (Not fight your weakness...)

I have hamstrings so short they probably look like those pencils you get at the miniature golf course. I have a 52" chest with a waist that isn't much smaller. My arms are bigger around than my wife's legs and almost as long. I was declared permanently medically disabled due to a horrible back injury years ago. Do you think I got into a full Happy Baby/Dead Bug by railing against what I couldn't do?

Fight yourself if you wish. I'll never understand it.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I would think that hubby smoking a cig would be worse for his mouth than vaping. About the time I started vaping, I was also having some dental issues. My dentist told me my mouth would not heal as long as I smoked cigs. So in came vaping, vaped all thru my dental sessions with healing no problem. Sounds like your dentist got it backwards or someone did.

:)

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Being vegan is great! Do NOT be hard on yourself! You stuck with vaping for a month. That's wonderful; be proud of yourself!

Your body is REALLY, PHYSICALLY addicted to nicotine. You are REALLY going through nicotine withdrawal, and probably withdrawal from other substances in cigarettes as well. That your body is experiencing this is not a sign of "failure" on your part, but physical fact. If you want to kick someone, kick big tobacco, not yourself.

That you stuck with 8 mg is unbelievable. if I'd done that, I probably would have killed someone, so kudos to you.

Reminder to up your nicotine levels. As others mentioned, if you mix your 16 mg and 8 mg juices, you'll have a 12 mg product. Give each vaping session longer to affect you: cigarettes get nicotine to you faster than vaping. Vape often. If you chain vape the next few months, fine. You're getting your nicotine. All is well.

*hugs*

504_Brunhileld

Oct 24, 2013
Louisiana
You'd think, but its the suction thing, he doesn't feel its as harsh. I agree sometimes that sucking on the e can be a bit more rigorous than the other. He said as of next week provided he is back on the e. He just felt the other was to hard of a pull for now, and didn't want to dislodge the clot and have a dry socket. I know weird but as a veteran of dental visits I can attest the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread