Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I'm pretty sad this morning. I like China, but my son (2.5 years old) is mad at me. He won't even look at me anymore on video chat. It breaks my heart and I just want to go home NOW and hug him and tell him daddy isn't going anywhere. Friday can't get here fast enough.
Bad Daddy!

The good part is that 10 minutes after you get home, you'll be forgiven as all will be right in his world again.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
It's been pretty quiet here for a while.

The one thing about the new software that is driving me nuts is the name placement. With a noob, it's pretty easy -- it's the last thing in the box to the left. For those of us who have been around a while, it's wedged between the picture & mood and the other identifiers -- verified member, ecf vet, supporting member, etc. It doesn't pop. Unless I know someone's avatar (which can change), I have to read the box to find it.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
It's been pretty quiet here for a while.

The one thing about the new software that is driving me nuts is the name placement. With a noob, it's pretty easy -- it's the last thing in the box to the left. For those of us who have been around a while, it's wedged between the picture & mood and the other identifiers -- verified member, ecf vet, supporting member, etc. It doesn't pop. Unless I know someone's avatar (which can change), I have to read the box to find it.
It does take getting used to. Who knows, maybe once all the actual kinks are worked out, that's something we can look at some day, but for now, there are no plans to change that (I think there would be too much programming or something - probably a cost for an add-on even).

At any rate, glad to see you two here! :)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Overall, I like it too. There are little things like finding it hard to find where sticky threads end and non-stickies begin but that's the type of thing that, after 2 weeks, you forget how it used to be. On my bookmark bar, my link to ECF used to be my subscriptions -- threads and fora. Now I have to click on two whole links to get both. I think I'll survive.

One thing I haven't found yet (but I haven't looked too hard) is new posts in threads I've posted to. On the old software, the new posts split into all and my threads. If I answer someone in some thread I'm not interested in subscribing to, currently I forget where that thread was. But, eventually, I'll either find the list or work on my memory. :p

Reactions: sonicdsl

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
just wanted to say hi, i'll catch up later....sorry i've been sick for a long time and overworked (nothing new there but between the two, i've barely been keeping up)

so welcome back to the new ECF anyway :D
and i'll try to catch up tomorrow, have a good night!

Reactions: Poeia

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
thanks CES....i just can't catch a break....just as I get over one thing, something else comes to reek havoc on my immune system....

so how's everyone doing? Are we finding our way around the forums :)
I think that always happens. You get better but before your immune system is 100%, it gets hit again and isn't strong enough to fight off whatever. You have to put 4 or 5 healthy months together in a row, then you can stay well for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread