The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Stuff and Nonsense and General Conversation

Discussion in 'DeejStuff' started by Digimon2k, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Poeia

Poeia Bird Brain Verified Member ECF Veteran

Bad Daddy!

The good part is that 10 minutes after you get home, you'll be forgiven as all will be right in his world again.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    That's difficult, Favored. Glad you're going to be home soon to give him a hug in person.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Wandering life's highway Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    :tumble: :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  4. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    i wonder if people are having a difficult time finding their way back...

Heya Sonic :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Poeia

It's been pretty quiet here for a while.

The one thing about the new software that is driving me nuts is the name placement. With a noob, it's pretty easy -- it's the last thing in the box to the left. For those of us who have been around a while, it's wedged between the picture & mood and the other identifiers -- verified member, ecf vet, supporting member, etc. It doesn't pop. Unless I know someone's avatar (which can change), I have to read the box to find it.

6. sonicdsl

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    It does take getting used to. Who knows, maybe once all the actual kinks are worked out, that's something we can look at some day, but for now, there are no plans to change that (I think there would be too much programming or something - probably a cost for an add-on even).

At any rate, glad to see you two here! :)

7. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    I'm thinking that given a little time, we'll retrain ourselves where to look. Overall i really like the new set up

• Like Like x 1
  8. sonicdsl

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    I'm glad to hear that! I really love it. There are a couple of things I miss, but I love a lot of the new features. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Yeah, even though i'm whining in the tips and tricks thread about the lack of contrast, and how that makes it hard for me to separate posts visually, i'm really impressed with how smoothly the changeover has gone.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Poeia

Overall, I like it too. There are little things like finding it hard to find where sticky threads end and non-stickies begin but that's the type of thing that, after 2 weeks, you forget how it used to be. On my bookmark bar, my link to ECF used to be my subscriptions -- threads and fora. Now I have to click on two whole links to get both. I think I'll survive.

One thing I haven't found yet (but I haven't looked too hard) is new posts in threads I've posted to. On the old software, the new posts split into all and my threads. If I answer someone in some thread I'm not interested in subscribing to, currently I forget where that thread was. But, eventually, I'll either find the list or work on my memory. :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Set your settings to automatically 'watch' the threads you post in. Then you can use the watched threads link just like the old 'my posts'. Even better, if you get tired of a thread you can unwatch it, or even ignore it so it stops showing up in new posts.

12. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    You can also click on (or hover your mouse over) your avatar/user name in the upper right corner. That bring up a box with lots of handy dandy links, including a link to all of your individual posts.

13. sonicdsl

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Right there with ya Poeia! :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    just wanted to say hi, i'll catch up later....sorry i've been sick for a long time and overworked (nothing new there but between the two, i've barely been keeping up)

so welcome back to the new ECF anyway :D
    and i'll try to catch up tomorrow, have a good night!

• Like Like x 1
  15. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Heya, Shadav.

I hope you're feeling better.

16. Shadav

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thanks CES....i just can't catch a break....just as I get over one thing, something else comes to reek havoc on my immune system....

so how's everyone doing? Are we finding our way around the forums :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Poeia

I think that always happens. You get better but before your immune system is 100%, it gets hit again and isn't strong enough to fight off whatever. You have to put 4 or 5 healthy months together in a row, then you can stay well for a while.

18. Shadav

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    i'm in 4 months of being sick.....i'm done with it....i get better for a day or two and it all goes downhill again....

19. CES

Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Yikes, Shadav, that's messed up. I hope your immune system gets its act together soon.

20. Digimon2k

Digimon2k Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2010
    Sweet Home Alabama
    update...

I'm missing 10% of my right foot...

Witch had a TIA (fancy words for a transient mini-stroke)

I'm trying to get orders out the door as best I can...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.