Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I'm a bit bummed this morning...it's silly, and meaningless in the greater scheme of things...but the clean up of this subforum means that I'm not a double guru anymore. sigh. The titles of the deleted threads are all still visible, so it doesn't actually look any more streamlined. It's not my forum, and my posts were mostly chatty useless (as opposed to chock full of information), but i hadn't realized how much time i've spent here.

(and yes, i do feel like a bit of a creep for whining about post count, and you have to do what you need to do for the business)

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Why do you lose credit for making posts? They didn't delete the thread so the posts still exist. Could some threads you posted in have been deleted?

I guess you just need to babble here more frequently to get back up there.

ETA: I think I found it. Deejstuff is here (part 3) has been deleted instead of just locked. That would have wiped out a few hundred posts for several of us. (When I was an admin I was taught that it's considered bad internet etiquette to delete posts unless they are in violation of the rules but different strokes for different folks -- I guess Deej and Witch like to keep their forum uncluttered.)

Last edited:

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
I'm a bit bummed this morning...it's silly, and meaningless in the greater scheme of things...but the clean up of this subforum means that I'm not a double guru anymore. sigh. The titles of the deleted threads are all still visible, so it doesn't actually look any more streamlined. It's not my forum, and my posts were mostly chatty useless (as opposed to chock full of information), but i hadn't realized how much time i've spent here.

(and yes, i do feel like a bit of a creep for whining about post count, and you have to do what you need to do for the business)

I undeleted but locked the thread. I didn't realize if affected posts counts and I apologize for you being sad. It was not my intention.

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
Yep, I cleaned out this forum-as per Deejs' request. It is dying-I have posted many threads, nobody responds to. We are trying to figure out how to get this forum active because it does cost us a good chunk of change that we can't honestly afford right now-it costs almost as much as my electric bill does. I may seem somewhat overbearing to some of you because I have everything tied up in this business. Yes, I am a total :censored: as far as only the two of us answering questions about DeejStuff because there has been flat out wrong answers given. Only the two of us know our recipes and such.

Yes, I am a complete :censored: about everyone feeling included-this is a business, not a clique or a social club. Everyone matters to me and everyone is important to me. I don't care if someone uses an Ego or extreme sub-ohm equipment l do because we all started vaping to quit smoking. I don't care if someone buys from us or XYZ Bathtub juice-as long as someone isn't smoking, who cares! I don't care if someone posts here or FaceBook or so and such forum-it does not matter-as long as you don't smoke! I can't stand elitism or cliques in any form because it hurts others.

End of rant. Thank you for reading.

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
Why do you lose credit for making posts? They didn't delete the thread so the posts still exist. Could some threads you posted in have been deleted?

I guess you just need to babble here more frequently to get back up there.

ETA: I think I found it. Deejstuff is here (part 3) has been deleted instead of just locked. That would have wiped out a few hundred posts for several of us. (When I was an admin I was taught that it's considered bad internet etiquette to delete posts unless they are in violation of the rules but different strokes for different folks -- I guess Deej and Witch like to keep their forum uncluttered.)

I've read through some of the other posts that were deleted and saw so much bad etiquette my brain exploded :D

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
On the other thread, Witch said:

Generally, any of our recipes that say "SPICED" will have some clove. If it says "SPICY" that usually denotes cinnamon or ginger.

We have to use clove, cinnamon and ginger that way because our sandworms are still in the sandtrout phase of their life-cycle.

It's complicated... rains too much here for us to raise a good herd...

oh, come on! Dune??

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA

We have to use clove, cinnamon and ginger that way because our sandworms are still in the sandtrout phase of their life-cycle.

oh, come on! Dune??

I thought my blank look and eye roll stopped this post :/ Guess I need to practice withering stares more :D

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA

oh, come on! Dune??

And to counter your weird Dune post, I give you.................AN OBSCURE NIETZSCHE QUOTE! Take that!

“Those who know that they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound to the crowd strive for obscurity. For the crowd believes that if it cannot see to the bottom of something it must be profound. It is so timid and dislikes going into the water.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science: with a Prelude in Rhymes and an Appendix of Songs

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
The current weather is definitely not conducive to sandworm breeding (but that's ok, i like not having spice-blue eyes), and anything outdoors, timid or not, is surely in the water.

Thanks for restoring the threads- it was unnecessary but very nice, and i'm sorry for being a baby about it. The reason I've hung out in the forum so long is that i really like y'all :)

(ps. my sense of self really isn't tied up in my post count, even though it might appear otherwise)

Last edited:

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
The current weather is definitely not conducive to sandworm breeding (but that's ok, i like not having spice-blue eyes), and anything outdoors, timid or not, is surely in the water.

Thanks for restoring the threads- it was very nice, and i'm sorry for being a baby about it.

You weren't! It was our bad! I'm sorry I did something that upset you because you are one of the nicest people I know :)

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA

Thanks for restoring the threads- it was unnecessary but very nice, and i'm sorry for being a baby about it. The reason I've hung out in the forum so long is that i really like y'all :)

(ps. my sense of self really isn't tied up in my post count, even though it might appear otherwise)

I take great pride in the size of my FB group or how many viewers I have and how my youtube channel had has close to 5,000 views. Its silly to everyone, but, huge to me so I do get it :)

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014

oh, come on! Dune??

Awesome, the sandtrout phase... I love how the fly around like hummingbird alligators at that phase... they also taste the best and can sing quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread