Suggestions for the web site (Help MV be even better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelek

Jun 10, 2010
pennsylvania
Preface:
First off, I believe the web site for MV (Modern Vapor) is very good. It is well designed and generally easy to use. I am posting this to make it even better, especially in the information department for buyers who like to know the nuts and bolts before buying.

I realize that the site was recently re-designed and I have seen both of them. Both of them had most of the inconsistencies I will list. However, I will acknowledge that some of the suggestions here may in fact already be known problems.

I sent an email a couple days ago to MV, but I think it got snarfed by a filter or firewall. Instead of resending it I am posting it here for the MV community to give their impressions.

Suggestions:
Please give criticism for the following suggestions, help me fill in and flesh out the ideas, and please if you have any of your own post them.

• You have information at ModernVapor which is not contained on Vapor Electronic Cigarette - Smokeless Cigarettes - E-Liquid (E-Juice).
  • Lux lights up when the button is pressed (lights at the button). This is not detailed on Lux's info page. It is only mentioned in the e-cig-forum.
  • Differences in the models and what their strengths are. (example sideshow is small and portable)
  • A diagram of the different sizes (I saw a post where it lined them up side to side). I would also include a "regular" cigarette in there for size comparison.
  • A diagram of the different parts.
  • Write on each of the model's pages what the capacity of its battery is.
  • Mention your warranty on the product page specifically in the list of what you get (this is a huge strength of yours, tout it!)
These were added after the email:

• The guides section doesn't have the top menu bar for navigation like the rest of the site (ELECTRONIC SMOKING: E-Cigarettes Guides - Tobacco Alternatives - Smokeless Cigarettes)
  • The learn section seems to be aimed at general Vapping information not MV information though this is not readily apparent from the menu bar. Perhaps add a drop down leading to either the current learn section or about pages for the products.
  • I would suggest a battery and atty care section, including tips and tricks like the post on the forums here. I would place this under customer support (add a drop down in the Support tab on the main top menu).
  • Prevent the myCart dialog from popping up if no items are in the cart. This has bothered me since the first time coming and indeed seemed more like spam than a slick interface.
Background on me:
I'm a software developer which includes design and developing web based interfaces and websites. I have bought 5 Sideshows for various people (including myself) and currently have a Lux and 902 coming in the mail. The sideshows where bought over the last year starting I think around February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread