Support ticket assistance / Roughstack help

Status
Not open for further replies.

krykiett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Michigan, U.S
This is a multiple faceted post; I have a couple questions steeped in here.

Situation #1
I see someone else who mentioned an unanswered ticket and I am curious how that system works.

It was mentioned there is a sidebar with a total number of open tickets, which I can't for the life of me find. If I could find it I might have a better understanding why my ticket hasn't been answered.

So all in all, how does the ticket system actually work?

*NOTE* I am not here to complain about my service or the ticket system as it appears there is a massive amount of tickets in the system(according to another post). I am here trying to get some help.

Situation #2
I am waiting on my response ticket, which is okay, but I am also trying to be proactive in attempting to remedy the situation by myself. I have taken a few steps to possibly fix the problem, but they weren't successful so I came here for help! :)

I'm rocking a Maxi RSv2

I was vaping on a protected 18650 3.7 with a LR atty, the body grew "hot", so I disassembled the setup and checked my atty and bat on other equipment and they worked fine. I also checked three other sets of bats on the RS at this point, none of which would fire the mod.

When I couldn't get it to work I looked over this forum, found some info and reassembled the switch mechanism. Had good readings with the voltmeter leading me to believe I had an unstable connection from the short.

I came home, didn't work. At this point I reminded myself to REMAIN CALM™. Looked over the RS thread and I came across the portion about the "connectors rubber insulator" and that it can fail. When we checked it's resistance, it remained zero while the switch was opened and closed. The thread mentioned you should get max readings without depressing the switch and zero when the switch is pressed. So I have a little bit of confusion here. I am not 100% certain if this is the piece that is bad or what.

I am just going into panic mode a bit because Thanksgiving is coming up and it looks like I am going to be up a creek without a paddle for a week or so. My intent is to determine if I can do ANYTHING at home to fix this. I am sure most of you understand being w/o your pv for that long can make for a rough week.

This ended up being a lot longer than I anticipated, but I appreciate any help or assistance that I can get :)
Alec

krykiett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Michigan, U.S
I appreciate the response! And I totally understand with holidays that they are probably just having a large influx of questions, etc. That wasn't a concern really other than the fact I have no working PV to use. I have an ego battery and juice, but everything else is pretty much garbage and doesn't work correctly or at all.

I am trying not to sound whiny or complain, no one wants to hear that, but after a year everything has gone ... end up with my equipment and my ability to purchase anything that works longer than a couple of days; this has happened before, but not to this extent and I am just frustrated.

NOTE: I am not frustrated with MadVapes, they have been a stand up company in my eyes and I will continue to order from them. I am just having a bad week I guess and panic is swelling around me because of the holiday situation. I am not really sure what I can do to keep it at bay.

I keep looking around trying to find instructions to make something at home out of a potato and tin foil, lol.

Is this what going crazy feels like?

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
hey nerdbox, sounds like you have a meter so here's what I'd look for for troubleshooting.

1) check that the outside of the connector and center pin have no continuity. If it does then try pushing the connector center pin up from the bottom and then try again. If it still does then the connector probably needs to be repaired or replaced. You can also check the center pin wire and make sure there are no shorts or insulation worn off.

2) With the switch not depressed, from the center pin of the connector to the center pin of the circuit board, there should be no continuity. If there is, go to step 1 above.

3) with the switch depressed, check for continuity between the center pin of the connector and the center pin of the circuit board, the resistance should be low, 2 ohms or less. If you get nothing then you can test the switch directly by going across the two flat pins on the circuit board. If you get no continuity between those, then the swich is bad..

good luck,

hoog

krykiett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Michigan, U.S
Thanks for the help hoog,

First off I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving; it took me a while to get back here because of my family gatherings!

If it does then try pushing the connector center pin up from the bottom and then try again.

This is the problem! I pulled the switch assembly out and pushed the connector center pin up and it makes contact, sometimes.

The problem is the connector pin will slide back down into the connector itself which prevents the connection to be made.

Currently I have found one (very old) atty that doesn't push the center pin down. Up until this point the only thing I have screwed in has been the shorty extension, so I thought I could circumvent the problem by keeping the shorty extension in and screwing the atty into that. Problem: both shorty extensions I purchased give just enough pressure to slide the center pin back down :(

Is there something I can do to prevent that from happening? Can I solder it? Or is this something that I would have to extend my support ticket to cover?

Again, I appreciate ALL the help. With this one atty that works, the RS rocks like a champ; I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't blow and I can get this resolved without too much work!

Thanks again,
Alec

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
You can put some epoxy into the back of the connector after you set the center pin to where you want it and that will keep it from moving for a while.. You can also send the unit back to use and we can replace the connector for you.. The last possibility is that you can replace just the insulating ring and center pin in the connector and leave the outer body of the connector in place..

hoog

krykiett

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Michigan, U.S
Hey hoog,

The idea of fixing it myself sounds, exhilarating!

I think the most though out decision is to send it back in, but where is the fun in that?

As for epoxy, it seems the easiest solution, but replacing the center pin seems as if it would be a more long term solution.

I'm looking over the DIY parts on the website and I don't see just the innards of a connector; is that something I can buy straight out, or would I take the guts of a different connector?

I feel a bit needy with all these questions, but this 'defect' of sorts has turned into something that is probably going to be fun to fix on my end!

Alec

EDIT: I have made arraignments with the support team about fixing this problem. I appreciate everyone's help and assistance in this matter!

P.S Madvapes been awesome in helping so far and I will update once the issue is completely resolved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread