Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Just did the same on my Russian rba, but used a 5/64 drill bit 30awg kanthal, and used some silica, since that's what I had. Love the ease of this build and the instant vape. Started out at 1.8 ohms, but after a tank is settling in at 2.3ohms.
Check to see if the screws that secure the wire are tight.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Guys I need some help, because I'm an idiot. When I screw in the bottom pin of my kayfun into the collector tank the block that sits on top of the top insolator with one of the post screws moves slightly and is causing shorts. How to I stop this "block" from moving and rotating? Right now I don't tighten this screw very much, but it's fairly loose and I'm scared it moves again. My King mod got very hot. Also how would I go about removing the top insolator from underneath this "block".

It's the positive pole screw's block that is moving...

1e if you look here: Kayfun Lite - User Manual (English)

Noticed it would do that the first time I broke mine down and set it back up. Before you put the bottom cap on and screw in the bottom pin, there's a slotted collar pin that secures the Positive pole insulator "block" via the air hole. use a larger screw driver and tighten this first, hold tightly onto the block, before screwing on the bottom cap and center pin. The block will still move a bit, but I just twist it back and center it. HTH.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Check to see if the screws that secure the wire are tight.

Thanks, will check that out when I get up this afternoon. Just filled up on some Stoned Smirf, and will have to vape it dry first. Am a bit leery on tightening down to hard, did that once and cut through the wire and had to re-wrap.

Does anybody know what size silica comes with the Russian? Is it 2mm?

Thanks again.

fordski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Coatepec, Veracruz-Llave, Mexico
how u guys liking the russian? i have a 91% on the way..

I have a Russian and a 3.1 and find very little difference between the 2. The 3.1 seems like its a bit higher quality especially the finish, although the Russian is also very well made. However functionally they are identical. Ironically the Russian was harder to get and a longer wait than the Kayfun??? I also have a 91 on the way so let me know how you like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
happy sunday everyone:
rDXeqXc.jpg

Atmomixani 69 SS-Kayfun_Delta-Atmomixani Mini Me Ice DT, Bagua SS-Kayfun_Mini-Rev DT, King SS-SQuape-Atmomixani Tank DT,
Poldiac UMA-Kayfun_Lite-Atmomixani Mini Me Ice DT

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I'll let u know for sure. I have the 91% on its way, and yesterday i stumbeled into a group buy for a lite clone made by ehpro. That was $20+ cheaper than the russian

Am liking the Russian a lot. Ordered a couple Rocket rba's another K.style, for 1/5th of the Russian. Now I'll have 3 in rotation. Also expecting my genesis cl. to show up, so get to play with that.

DuffTime

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
United States
So.. I've been poking around. Anyone have a rough range that they could equate the 3.1 airflow to?

I'm mainly interested in the ability to provide airflow equal to a 1/16" or 5/64"(potentially) airhole. I had a Lite, but it was just a little too tight for my liking, and I ended up selling it as a result.

Thanks in advance all!

Wingnut73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Louisville
I just picked up a kayfun 3.1 and I love it. Great vape and quality construction. I have a question about the adjustable airflow screw. Can I take it all the way out while juice is in the tank? or will it leak out if I do? I'm wanting to put a small piece of Teflon tape on it to make sure it stays in place.

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just picked up a kayfun 3.1 and I love it. Great vape and quality construction. I have a question about the adjustable airflow screw. Can I take it all the way out while juice is in the tank? or will it leak out if I do? I'm wanting to put a small piece of Teflon tape on it to make sure it stays in place.

I haven't seen or heard about the AF screw ever coming out by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread