Sweet Spot for an Enercell Power supply w/ Passthru!!!Sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I found a sweet spot using my Enercell Power Amp 273 333 that is recommended for the BB Passthru. ( I imagine it would work with any passthru.)
It has an adjustable voltage wich goes: 3, 5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5.
I imagine that means volts. Whatever the true voltage is or whether I even understand what "true voltage" means, is questionable, after trying to learn about electricity.

I set the Enercell at the 3 setting, connect an LR510 to the BB passthru and drip. It gives an amazing vaporful cloud from long smooth drags on the drip tip. I figure the voltage is so "right" that I could just keep drawing on it without burning the atty out.

[I have a Tornado that I have been told has a power of 3.1v. Even that is harsh except for the first two tokes. Plentiful vapor, but a bit harsh. I will have to take short tokes with the Tornado. So I figure the Enercell 3 setting may be just that; 3v or even less?]

For me, it can't be beat except for when i really need that Kick in the ..., then I can put a reg 510 atty on and set it at 5. For that higher voltage, I found making sure the atty is wet; 3 or 4 tokes. Then time to re-drip; as the harsh (burnt) taste will ensue and fresh dripping fixes that.

The key to dripping is imo, 1. to redrip when harsh burnt taste starts, ensuring you aren't burning the dry atty as well. 2. Drip only 2 or 3 drops at a time. There's a balance.

I guess i could call this my Review of the Enercell for Dripping on a PassThru. :) cheers.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Whatever the true voltage is or whether I even understand what "true voltage" means, is questionable, after trying to learn about electricity.
"True voltage" when dealing with atties is determining what the atty is running while vaping.

With a 2.5a power supply, you are achieving "true" 3 and 5 volts at the atty (which is the important part). You calculate the volts while vaping by throwing the ohms into the calculation (2.2 ohms on a regular 510, 1.5 ohms on a LR 510). So, with 2.5a and 3v, when you fire your LR atty, your atty is actually running at 3v because there's enough current to allow this. This is "true voltage".

You will not be able to go above the 3v setting on your adapter with your LR atty because of the amp limitation. With an LR atty (1.5 ohms) at 3.7v, it's drawing 2.46 amps, close to your adapter's max. If you use your regular atty (2.2 ohms), your maximum voltage is 5.5v.

The reason your Tornado with the LR atty is giving you harsh hits is that little extra voltage, and the battery is providing enough amps. You're getting up to 7.25 watts at the atty with the tornado, but with 3v on your PT you are getting 6 watts. That 17% gain in wattage goes a long way. I'm more comfortable with 6.5-6.75 watts. Any higher and it's too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread