Switched Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
So I'm fed up with the lack of quality control in the PV world (attys). I occasionally have a pack of Marlboro or Camel snus on me. I liked them but they were never strong enough. I researched it a little but and found a few local shops that sell General. WOW night and day. The shop only had the little 3 pouch mint samplers and 12 pouch 4 flavor packs. The shop owner was nice and threw in an additional 12 pouch sampler on the house. I love the reg mint white portion, dry mint minis, and wintergreen white portion. Im a little hesitant about trying the regular white portion but i'll get there. Hello Snus World! So what else does a mint lover NEED to try?

AllCoExPat

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
Elkton, MD
Sounds like you've found two of my favorites already, JD - General Mint and General Wintergreen. Thunder Frosted packs a big nicotine kick, but also comes in a smaller portion- Thunder Frosted Mini. Other than those, I haven't found much in a minty flavor that does it for me, although there are a few others out there.

Snuson.com has a great forum dedicated (mostly) to snus - you might find some recommendations there, too.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Give the white portion a try. It's a traditional bergamot type snus. The warning is don't make to harsh of a judgment on the first try. It can take a bit to adjust to the traditional stuff. Also try some straight tobacco flavors as in Ettan or 01.

Good news for you is that you live in a good state to be in with the PACT act kicking in as PENN has no state tax on smokeless.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks! Ya 6 pouches of Marlboro goes for $1.80ish (PM gotta make that $$$) however the General mints were $0.30 for the 3 pouch sample. Well its about time living in PA pays off! lmfao All in all I paid like $3 for 33 pouches plus the free 12 the dude gave me. im good for a few days. I'm gonna dabble in the reg white portion later tonight. I do like the dry mint minis but they're not strong enough (size and flavor thumbs up). Them Thunder Frost Minis may do the trick. I'd love a tiny potent little minty pouch. Time to go shopping...

Last edited by a moderator:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Don't we all know that pv's can be quite the pain in the ..... I too like the general mint but did not care much for the wintergreen. Stubby is right. If you are looking for a straight tobacco flavor the lab01 is good. There is also the lab02 if you are looking for a stronger portion. The grov black has become one of my favorites for a strong portion at 12mg.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    So does anyone besides me think the regular general white portion tastes EXACTLY like Blue Moon or any wheat beer for that matter? I was trying to put my finger on it and thats gotta be it. Kinda citrus/pepper? but def like blue moon

I've never tried Blue Moon, but you've got the citrus/pepper right.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    JD, I procrastinated for a very long time before trying nasal snuff. I think I was about the last one of the regulars here to give it a try. I don't use a ton of it but honestly couldn't really imagine a day without at least a couple pinches. The only down side for me is cleaning your nose out. My sinuses are fairly dry so I use nasal spray from time to time.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just placed my first Northerner order.

Thunder Frost Extra Stark Mini
    Thunder Extra Stark Mini
    Skruf Stark Strong Portion
    General Wintergreen White Portion and Dry Mint Mini (Already have and like)
    Catch Eucalyptus White Portion

and i'll go from there

Nasal will be in the next order. I wanted this order rather quick and it didn't appear that the best selection was available in stock in US. I want a bullet one!

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Northerner is THE place to order snus. Great service, fast shipping, and their snus is as fresh as you can get. With as much as you ordered I would suggest storing it all in the fridge until you are ready to use them.

And those Thunder Frost Extra Starks are gonna kick your .... :lol:

I only got 1 can of each except 2 cans Thunder Frost:) . and I got a mini fridge waiting!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Northerner didn't used to have quick shipping. It used to take 14 days for me to get an order from them if it came from the swedish warehouse. Much quicker from the U.S. warehouse. Now that they own getsnus I think they are only shipping from the US warehouse but they might ship something from sweden if they are out of stock here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread