Switched Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I made sure to only pick the ones in stock in US warehouse. And when it came to shipping it was $12 for reg UPS and $16 for 2nd day air so I said f it its only $4 and my order was still under $40. I got a shipping notice email a few hours ago. Hopefully it comes 2mrw!

Next order will be nasal and others from sweden. Found a nice metal snuff bullet on ebay for 7.99.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I made sure to only pick the ones in stock in US warehouse. And when it came to shipping it was $12 for reg UPS and $16 for 2nd day air so I said f it its only $4 and my order was still under $40. I got a shipping notice email a few hours ago. Hopefully it comes 2mrw!

Next order will be nasal and others from sweden. Found a nice metal snuff bullet on ebay for 7.99.

You could order a lot more and your shipping would be about the same. Tell us how it works as far as age verification at delivery as this is the first post-PACT order that I know of. Most of us have stocked up big time as we knew this was coming.

You're going to get a big charge for shipping from Sweden as it has to be sent international UPS. I don't think Northerner is doing it. If it's not in the US warehouse they won't ship it. Could be wrong on this but that was my understanding. Good news is that Togue has registered their snuff with the FDA and Northerner stated that they will carry it. May take a bit before it shows up.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
You could order a lot more and your shipping would be about the same. Tell us how it works as far as age verification at delivery as this is the first post-PACT order that I know of. Most of us have stocked up big time as we knew this was coming.

You're going to get a big charge for shipping from Sweden as it has to be sent international UPS. I don't think Northerner is doing it. If it's not in the US warehouse they won't ship it. Could be wrong on this but that was my understanding. Good news is that Togue has registered their snuff with the FDA and Northerner stated that they will carry it. May take a bit before it shows up.

So are they gonna check my ID when I sign for it? What exactly is the PACT act?

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Stubby, I have a roll on the way via usps from swedishsnus.com that I ordered prior to today but it has not arrived yet. According to the article that club42 posted, they cannot enforce it until after july 7th. Have you heard anything about that?

Sorry... Donno

So are they gonna check my ID when I sign for it? What exactly is the PACT act?
That's how it's supposed to work. Age verification by UPS on delivery. That's why I'm interested in how that works out. I'll let someone else pick up the what the PACT act is. It's late and I'm a bit tired... and I don't want to think about that abomination of a law.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Well the holiday weekend screwed my 2nd day air. I ordered wednesday and it says its getting delivered tuesday. Oh well. Stopped at the tobaccy shop to get more General and the had Ozona Raspberry so I grabbed a can. WOW i love nasal snuff, very refreshing, but can't wait for the look I get doing bumps of brown stuff off my hand :) I could never live off it but a few sniffs throughout the day is great. cmon UPS!

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    JD, I like the ozona too. I have a few tins of it in my stock. Too bad on the shipping. Snus is what I use the most. Snuff is more of a filler than anything. Some days like today, I only use a couple pinches and other days it's many. Just depends on my mood. The snus keeps me level for the most part but when I am having a bad craving the snuff takes the edge off quicker. I have a few strong ones that I reserve for those times.

Kookie

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 19, 2010
    Detroit, Michigan, United States
    Well the holiday weekend screwed my 2nd day air. I ordered wednesday and it says its getting delivered tuesday. Oh well. Stopped at the tobaccy shop to get more General and the had Ozona Raspberry so I grabbed a can. WOW i love nasal snuff, very refreshing, but can't wait for the look I get doing bumps of brown stuff off my hand :) I could never live off it but a few sniffs throughout the day is great. cmon UPS!

Ahhhh, I'm kinda freakin' out. I got screwed by the holiday too. My shipment is sitting in the UPS warehouse less than 2 miles away. Untill Tuesday! And its gonna be HOT! Hope that doesn't ruin my snus. I forgot to get some General Saturday before my cigar shop closed. I don't have enough to last till Tuesday. Aaahhhh.
    8-o
    I do have some Stonewalls to get me through, but I kinda' don't like the saccharin taste.
    :unsure:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ahhhh, I'm kinda freakin' out. I got screwed by the holiday too. My shipment is sitting in the UPS warehouse less than 2 miles away. Untill Tuesday! And its gonna be HOT! Hope that doesn't ruin my snus. I forgot to get some General Saturday before my cigar shop closed. I don't have enough to last till Tuesday. Aaahhhh.
    8-o
    I do have some Stonewalls to get me through, but I kinda' don't like the saccharin taste.
    :unsure:

I hear ya! I always think about my stuff sitting in a super hot brown truck. I'm slowly buying out the remaining trial packs from my local shop. They have a little General fridge there but it looks to have been empty for a while. The owner says they used to carry it and didn't seem to excited about keeping it in stock. I called the other close listed dealer and they haven't had any in stock in a while. I'm about to place another Northerner order today cause I'm going on vacation in 11 days, but who's counting right? :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    JD, that's kinda what happened to me as far as a dealer. The only one that is kinda close to me didn't stock any but gave me a bunch of general mint samples that general had sent them for free. I asked them if they could order any and they didn't act like they wanted to. However they will order stonewalls.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    JD, that's kinda what happened to me as far as a dealer. The only one that is kinda close to me didn't stock any but gave me a bunch of general mint samples that general had sent them for free. I asked them if they could order any and they didn't act like they wanted to. However they will order stonewalls.

Of course my least fav out of the 4 flavors I've tried is the regular mint, which is the only other thing they have besides the 4 flavor trial packs. Everyone said the regular white portion would grow on me and boy has it! Now I gotta see if the owner will sell me the General mini fridge cheap. It would make a fine addition to the room. The wintergreen is still tops on my list.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The wintergreen was one I could never really get used to. I tried it several times over a period of time. It was a favorite of OTD's though. I wish he would pop back in to visit us soon. I only tried the general regular white a couple times so don't really remember what it is like but never actually ordered any. I just had it from the samples.

Kookie

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 19, 2010
    Detroit, Michigan, United States
    Took a mini road trip up north of the city today to another tobacco shop. They had the a fridge full of cans so I grabbed 2 wintergreen, an original white portion, and and original portion. Northerner order gets delivered tomorrow! whoo hoo! I cant wait for my thunder...

Hmmm, I should re-examine my General retailer list.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That's really not that bad for retail. Heck I don't know how long a can lasts you but one lasts me about three days so that's still only 8-10 a week. Not too bad. However when I was stocking up, I got some of the rolls for $25-28 each. I'm glad I bought when I did. Before northerner bought getsnus, if I spent over $50 then I got free shipping. Ahh, those were the days. Funny thing is, it wasn't that many days ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread