Status
Not open for further replies.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Been following this thread for a while now and decided to pull the trigger on a sxk billet box with the dna chip. I opted for the vape shell & insider, now my problem is the flavour seems to be muted, now I’ve been vaping coming up to 4 years with 3 years of building, so I’d like to think I know my stuff but I just can’t get my head round why every build I do is giving me such muted flavour. I have not been getting any dry hits (thank the lord) and my borro seems to be bubbling up nicely. Building around the .5-.6 mark 2.5 id and have tried spaced builds using kanthal also tried using claptons and even some tri core alien believe it or not! But still all seem to be muted. Am I expecting too much out of the device or am I doing something wrong! New to this forum also so... Hi! Any advice would be much appreciated and hopefully I am doing something wrong because definitely feels anti climatic to spend all this money on a setup and not enjoy it! Thanks in advance!

I've had better luck with a 3mm spaced coil, in the Vape Shell. The 2.5 didn't seem to do it for me.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Here are my initial impressions posts from another site after a couple weeks with my first one. Whatever that's worth.
===============================
I am certainly not the Billet Box answer man.

I can give some considered initial impressions now though.

The Billet Box concept is in a class by itself because it uniquely combines several elements of other designs into a single package.
AIO. Everything is contained inside the box except the drip tip.

A modular design which allows a nearly endless array of setup possibilities from a significant number of drop in coils, some of them quite good, to several RBA bridges, which bridges also then each provide an array of possibilities themselves.

It can be run as a totally legit super tight mtl setup or a totally legit low to moderate power rdtl and anything in between.

ENDLESS aesthetic options. Door panels, internal cover panels, buttons, drip tips, a few different boro colors and even condensation plugs.

In other words, incredibly versatile, and in a compact rugged design, that while not tiny, is pocket friendly enough and portable. Also, decent juice capacity, generally ranging from 3-5 mils which will depend on which bridge is in it at the moment. Also in that regard, once you get the seal on the boro lubed up and broken in, the best/easiest fill method ever imo. Slide the glass, huge opening, fill and slide the glass back up.

Next will be possible cons depending on the person. All of this is of course fully open to correction and revision from those with far more experience with the Billet Box than myself, which wouldn't take much lol.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Honest initial impressions continued with some possible negatives.

Number one is if you are somebody who just CANNOT STAND messy setups and juice on your fingers, save your money. This one will make you want to hang yourself. It will improve some as you get to know the equipment, but the BB will always be messy. When I saw Todd saying the same thing in one of his BB gear reviews, I knew it wasn't just me being a BB noob. He's been working with them for like 5 years and he said exactly that himself. The design simply lends itself to a juicy mess and there's no way around it. Not a big deal to some and a deal breaker maybe to some others.

Next is if you expect it to sweep all of your other equipment into instant obsolescence, (which I didn't) you'll probably be disappointed.

I am getting a great vape out of it now and I'm sure I'm not done chasing perfection in it for myself, and it will therefore get even better. That said, it will never be competition for an open cloudy dtl setup if that's your predominant style. I doubt it will ever shame the flavor of a good rda or rta either. Let's not kid ourselves. There's only so many ways to vaporize ejuice with an electronic heating element. Resistance coil, wick, juice, power, vapor. This one, like all the rest, cannot be utterly unique in accomplishing that task at that basic level.

It's not the easiest to work with, though not the biggest pain ever either, and a lot of that will depend on which setup you're working on at the moment. Drop in subohm coils, which most work about the same, but are more work than most subohm tanks, or one of the rba bridges which range from fairly easy to fairly frustrating (at first especially) depending on which one and how you're trying to build it.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something or just haven't learned some things yet, but there's also a host of topics that relate to whether we're talking about the BBV authentic or one of the SXK clones, and which one of those clones too.

As I say, somebody else can feel free to add to, amend or just plain correct anything I've said here. The Billet Box world really is a wide list of topics all by itself.

I will say one more thing for now. If you're into vaping toys and gadgetry because you love toying and twiddling with stuff? It's a must have.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
@gsmit1
For me- I'd say you nailed it pretty well- the good and the bad.
I can't see me ever shelving my BB or Bantam- but they wont replace every other device I have either.
Yep. Exactly. It is a primary in my rotation and will stay there, but there's still a rotation. I have anything from an Infinix I rewick and carry around to a 12 pound Vaperz Cloud XXX stack that I use daily. and everything in between.

Let's be honest about something else too. The Billet Box is as much a hobbyists toy in most cases as it is a source of vapor.

This very thread and many others like it around the web are proof positive. :rolleyes:

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
i haven't got a decent rba build that i was really happy with in either of my two. learneds some lessons however and i will go back to them soon.
got some green swirly sxk panels inbound along with the yftk titanium xeta. did i hear about a bridge for the rpm rba heads? or was it the vinci rba head? can't remember or if i imagined it altogether.

Slaughter

Jan 18, 2015
Birmingham
After waiting a month, the sxk haku xeta, clear boro and black gasket kits finally arrived from ft. This atomizer has way to much adjustments for a mod that isn’t easy to adjust without tearing it down but is absolutely perfect for small wire nickel builds I do. No more cutting wires on twisting screws:thumb:. Clamping the wires vs dealing with screws is AWESOME!!! First build is 3mm 30g ni200 9 wraps showing .27 on the box and it’s a tight fit. Larger hole chimney reducer up top. I seem to be getting mild flooding but its vaping like a champ at 420 degrees. Clear buro also seems to be weeping some with the black gasket. So got more tinkering to do. :smokie:

Attachments

• CA6B9C40-3564-4AC9-B0D1-9A98150FBF95.jpeg
    CA6B9C40-3564-4AC9-B0D1-9A98150FBF95.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Updated Bantams:
$75.00 SXK Bantam Revision 30W VV VW APV Box Mod Kit - 5ml / 1-30W / 1-8V / 1*18350 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Might buy a couple of those nautilus tanks if/when they start selling them on their own !
9717115-3.jpg

9717115-5.jpg

• Chipset: SEVO-30
  • Aluminum alloy and carbon fiber construction
  • Liquid capacity: 5ml
  • Power range: 5-30W
  • Voltage range: 1-8V
  • Resistance: 0.4-3ohm
  • 0.49'' OLED screen display
  • New MTL refillable pod unit included
  • AFC easy airflow control
  • Compatible with Aspire Nautilus coils