Status
Not open for further replies.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Could you post a pic of it on the mod when you get a chance?I'd like to see how high they sit before ordering,i'm kinda partial to shorter tips,so if they sit too high,i don't want to waste the money.
It sits 11.8mm from deck
IMG_0675.JPG

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
It sits 11.8mm from deck
View attachment 857287
Thanks,that doesn't look too bad at all,now i'll feel better about ordering a couple.
Nice panels too,who makes those ones?I've seen a few with that symbol on them,but have never figured out who it is that makes them.

Haitch

Nov 17, 2019
Hi and welcome @Haitch. I agree with @mackman about the Vapeshell and Insider and that you should watch a few youtube reviews. I spose you've tinkered with different power settings too so my only suggestion would be to keep trying stuff. The BB experience is very different from other types of rebuildable setups so maybe it is an expectation thing. Can you post a pic or 2 of one of your builds?
Hi thanks for the reply and the welcome! So I ended up doing a spaced 3mm Id on my insider and I’ve been getting much better flavour so i think I’ve hit the sweet spot with it for now, I still think I could possibly get better out of it but I will need to put aside a few hours to have another go at it, but for now like I said I’m happy with the flavour as it stands so happy days!

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I'm probably totally wrong about this, but it's the only thing I can think of. Metal expands when heated. Maybe the posts aren't tight enough and the expanding metal is making them tighter as they heat up increasing the pressure between the wire and the posts?
Not sure what you mean by increasing the pressure between the wire and the posts. Are you implying some sort of movement that would expand the coil causing greater spacing between the wraps? Because that wouldn't have a bearing on the resistance. I don't think I understood you correctly but fwiw, the resistance finally stabilized. At this point I'm not even using the Kanger. I'm waiting on a Vapeshell and Xeta to get here. Can't come soon enough.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
How big the inner bore in mm? Thanks before
Just some info, the smallest part (the hole) of the stock SXK key is approx. 3.8 mm. I have drilled mine out with a 3/16" bit (4.8 mm). Much farther and it will be into the o-ring groove.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Not sure what you mean by increasing the pressure between the wire and the posts. Are you implying some sort of movement that would expand the coil causing greater spacing between the wraps? Because that wouldn't have a bearing on the resistance. I don't think I understood you correctly but fwiw, the resistance finally stabilized. At this point I'm not even using the Kanger. I'm waiting on a Vapeshell and Xeta to get here. Can't come soon enough.
What I meant was the legs in the posts. As the coil heats the legs will expand at least a bit. Metal expands when heated. That's why people will sometimes use a torch for instance to heat a frozen part on something to make it expand in order to get it off.

I was only surmising out loud that maybe the legs were getting tighter as they heated up.

Reactions: dwcraig1

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Thanks,that doesn't look too bad at all,now i'll feel better about ordering a couple.
Nice panels too,who makes those ones?I've seen a few with that symbol on them,but have never figured out who it is that makes them.
Customized By BaLee (Facebook)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Does anyone know if there are any flush mount keys that fit the SXK DNA60 billet box? Or integrated tips
No flush mounts that i know of,i have searched quite a bit for them,i ended up making my stock keys flush fit by grinding them flat.Integrated,there are a few,JMK Tips will definitely fit the SXK,and 3F vape has some that a few people have posted about here,just a few posts above yours.

morencyam

Dec 12, 2019
No flush mounts that i know of,i have searched quite a bit for them,i ended up making my stock keys flush fit by grinding them flat.Integrated,there are a few,JMK Tips will definitely fit the SXK,and 3F vape has some that a few people have posted about here,just a few posts above yours.

Okay, thanks.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just some info, the smallest part (the hole) of the stock SXK key is approx. 3.8 mm. I have drilled mine out with a 3/16" bit (4.8 mm). Much farther and it will be into the o-ring groove.

I drilled one of mine out too. For dtl.
What did you guys use to hold the key while you drilled them out?I want to drill mine out,but figure pliers or anything like that would chew the threads up,thought of seeing if it will fit in a drill chuck,but haven't tried that yet.

Reactions: dwcraig1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
What did you guys use to hold the key while you drilled them out?I want to drill mine out,but figure pliers or anything like that would chew the threads up,thought of seeing if it will fit in a drill chuck,but haven't tried that yet.
A folded strip of cardboard with the key inside in a very small vice.
Or did I wrap a strip of duct tape around it a couple of times? I forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread