SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Got my pulse in today.Shipped way earlier than expected,so it was a nice surprise when I checked rhe mail.I really like this thing.Obviously a bit bigger than a Billet,but not bad. View attachment 965967

Nice looking apparatus :)

Let us know when you can what you feel about the Pulse AIO,would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm still waiting for Pulse AIO to arrive,getting one for review purposes and i am really eager to try it out.
As i mentioned in the shiny thread as of late i seem to like more and more how a Billet Box looks,now when i look at the two mods/attys that i have on my desk i get the feeling they are just plain ugly,way too tall and weird looking.

Will thoroughly use the Pulse AIO and from there and if i really like it i might look into a SXK BB Styled 60W All-in-One Box mod Kit that i have seen in fasttech.

I am low wattage vaper (30'ish watts or so) so the 60w cap isn't a problem for me,i don't know...will see how it feels once i get my Pulse AIO delivered.

In case i like it and decide to go further down the BB rabbit hole you can count on me pestering you folks with some questions hehe.

Reactions: b.m. and pt91

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Nice looking apparatus :)

Let us know when you can what you feel about the Pulse AIO,would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm still waiting for Pulse AIO to arrive,getting one for review purposes and i am really eager to try it out.
As i mentioned in the shiny thread as of late i seem to like more and more how a Billet Box looks,now when i look at the two mods/attys that i have on my desk i get the feeling they are just plain ugly,way too tall and weird looking.

Will thoroughly use the Pulse AIO and from there and if i really like it i might look into a SXK BB Styled 60W All-in-One Box Mod Kit that i have seen in Fasttech.

I am low wattage vaper (30'ish watts or so) so the 60w cap isn't a problem for me,i don't know...will see how it feels once i get my Pulse AIO delivered.

In case i like it and decide to go further down the BB rabbit hole you can count on me pestering you folks with some questions hehe.
I really like the pulse aio mod,and the pulse vessel rba that comes with it.Ive been using them everyday since I got it,and I have no complaints at all.I have SXK Billet box clones,a few authentic Billet boxes,and even a higher end boro mod,and I still use the Pulse everyday.I really like that it takes a 21700.

cdmcfud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
Keithville.La.
I really like the pulse aio mod,and the pulse vessel rba that comes with it.Ive been using them everyday since I got it,and I have no complaints at all.I have SXK Billet box clones,a few authentic Billet boxes,and even a higher end boro mod,and I still use the Pulse everyday.I really like that it takes a 21700.
My pulse leaked.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
My pulse leaked.
I've had leaking from all my boro rbas at some point,usually due to me not leaving the tails thick enough,but so far I haven't had any leaking with the pulse,just the normal small amount of condensation build up.Maybe try leaving your tails on the wick a little thicker,that's usually my issue,is I thin them out too much.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I've had leaking from all my boro rbas at some point,usually due to me not leaving the tails thick enough,but so far I haven't had any leaking with the pulse,just the normal small amount of condensation build up.Maybe try leaving your tails on the wick a little thicker,that's usually my issue,is I thin them out too much.

Never used a Boro Rba before so don't know what condensation would look like in a Boro RBA.
I am assuming the condensations happens below the Boro,right?

PULSE AIO.jpg

Right there in the area marked with the red arrows.
It that the right area where the condensation happens?

• Creative
Reactions: BillW50

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Never used a Boro Rba before so don't know what condensation would look like in a Boro RBA.
I am assuming the condensations happens below the Boro,right?

View attachment 967735

Right there in the area marked with the red arrows.
It that the right area where the condensation happens?
Sometimes it will build up under the boro,but I get it the most behind the boro.,so I pull mine out every couple days,and wipe out the area where the boro sits in.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I thought I hadn't tightened the pulse enough the first time. The second time it leaked I just gave up.
I looked at it and wick tails and they fill the compartments. When put it together the rba part just falls right off the tank. It is just not tight enough.

Few videos i watched mention the same problem,the base of the RBA does fit properly but it is not a snug fit.
One of the reviewers just suggested to build the RBA but not refill until it's popped in the PULSE AIO.

But yeah that does seem a bit of a con,it should be a bit more snug when you put the base into the top part.

• Agree
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I thought I hadn't tightened the pulse enough the first time. The second time it leaked I just gave up.
I looked at it and wick tails and they fill the compartments. When put it together the rba part just falls right off the tank. It is just not tight enough.

Once you put it in the Pulse and tighten the top nut, it isn't going anywhere. Then fill. Also installing it or removing it, it helps to hold it upside down (both the Pulse and the RBA). I haven't heard of any leaks unless it came apart, which is easy enough to prevent.

But for those that can't handle it. Vandy Vape has thicker seals for it. I guess you have to contact Vandy Vape if you are interested.

For those who the Pulse AIO is your first Billet Box like device. You will be spoiled by using the Pulse compared to like the original Billet Box. As Vandy Vape improved it with cutouts on the other side to push the tank and the battery out easier. Screen and up and down buttons are on the non-tank side which protects them from an accidental juice dump. And it has adjustable connection pin which others do not have (some do have a spring loaded pin - not common). Plus it is very inexpensive compared to other options.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Man I want a pulse bad but I went with BBs as my first choice. Maybe next run Ill be able to get one but I have to sale some items first. Jr. is back at Vanderbilt University, and times are hard coming off Christmas, and two of my grandkids birthdays in January.. Sometimes I wonder how me and my wife survive..

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
For those having leaks through the tank on the pulse, add a tiny oring underneath the gasket that seals the tank. The vape snail had that same issue when I got it. I think I posted some pictures of the fix a while back.. Way back when we got driptips that were loose fit we would take some thread and wrap it around the driptip and then put the oring on top creating a tight snug fit...

Same go's for the gaskets, just put something under it to create a snug fit against the tank....

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Planning on ordering one of these to take to work with me. How’s it holding up so far ? Battery life ?
Battery life depends on how you vape with these.I run mine at 45 watts with a .3 ohm coil,and the battery life sucks haha.Carrying it to work was my main reason for getting it,but it wouldn't last me all day.Sitting at home with it,I have to charge it at least 2 times a day,and I'm not a chain Vaper,I have to charge it twice to get through 1 boro full of juice.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Battery life depends on how you vape with these.I run mine at 45 watts with a .3 ohm coil,and the battery life sucks haha.Carrying it to work was my main reason for getting it,but it wouldn't last me all day.Sitting at home with it,I have to charge it at least 2 times a day,and I'm not a chain Vaper,I have to charge it twice to get through 1 boro full of juice.
Wow, I think i did see some replacement batterys for it, but It might be the same battery...

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Wow, I think i did see some replacement batterys for it, but It might be the same battery...

Yeah,that's the same battery that comes in them.Mine has been like since new though,it's only like a 2200mah battery so it drains pretty fast at higher wattage.I bought the spare battery too,but I've read that it's a massive pain to replace,so I haven't messed with it.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Yeah,that's the same battery that comes in them.Mine has been like since new though,it's only like a 2200mah battery so it drains pretty fast at higher wattage.I bought the spare battery too,but I've read that it's a massive pain to replace,so I haven't messed with it.
I wonder if a larger mah rc battry can be used with the derlo.. Its a sweet looking mod, but I would assume its a deal breaker for most chain vapers...

Reactions: b.m.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Chain vaping is the main reason I carry two mods and extra batteries to work.. I carry a pulse sqounk and a Billet Box.. Ill hit the BB on the commute to and from work and the pulse during the day every chance I get.. Thats whats been working for me without having to swap batteries durring the day or refilling...I just carry extra batteries just incase something go's wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread