Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I wonder if a larger mah rc battry can be used with the derlo.. Its a sweet looking mod, but I would assume its a deal breaker for most chain vapers...

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I've wondered the same thing.Im pretty big into rc cars,so I go to my local hobby shop quite often,next time I go,I'll take the battery with me and see if they can match something up,size wise.It is a pretty small battery though,so not sure if they will have anything to match it,but worth a shot.

• Agree
Reactions: BillW50

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I kinda forgot how the insider performed when you got the wicking correct...Not bad at all, but it was a hit or miss with me and thats the reason it just sat on the shelf..
20220119_121013.jpg

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
I kinda forgot how the insider performed when you got the wicking correct...Not bad at all, but it was a hit or miss with me and thats the reason it just sat on the shelf.. View attachment 968253

Man I think seeing rba’s inside a billet box is one of the prettiest things when it comes to mods and vaping it’s just that perfect look. Also just out of curious (please don’t take this the wrong way) authentic or sks ? The rba that is.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Man I think seeing rba’s inside a billet box is one of the prettiest things when it comes to mods and vaping it’s just that perfect look. Also just out of curious (please don’t take this the wrong way) authentic or sks ? The rba that is.
The thread is about the SXK BB...No offense taken my friend.. Its an SXK BB.. First two years of vaping I spent about 10 grand on high end mods, but that was because china was making .... mods. I still have some of the high end mods and I cant get .... for them. Between china making better mods and Jr. attending Vanderbilt University its clones for me..

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I want to thank @badinfluence357 for his idea about adding an O ring to the gasket in the VV Vessel (originally tried with the Vapesnail?) RBA.

I was getting a small leaking issue with my SXK Orbit where the deck section joins the main tank. Just in one corner. I've heard the authentic has a similar problem.
Anyway, I added a thin gauge O ring to the gasket and the problem is fixed.

borno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2019
land of pleasant living
I want to thank @badinfluence357 for his idea about adding an O ring to the gasket in the VV Vessel (originally tried with the Vapesnail?) RBA.

I was getting a small leaking issue with my SXK Orbit where the deck section joins the main tank. Just in one corner. I've heard the authentic has a similar problem.
Definitely needs a better gasket. I had to wrap 2 wraps of teflon tape in the groove and trim it. I think it's good now. The back of the tank is a bit thinner than the front and has a bit more flex to it,

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Definitely needs a better gasket. I had to wrap 2 wraps of teflon tape in the groove and trim it. I think it's good now. The back of the tank is a bit thinner than the front and has a bit more flex to it,
Teflon tape under the gasket is a good idea.
I wouldn't bother with all this except that for the way I vape, the Orbit has the smoothest air and the best flavour of all my RBAs.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio

Do you by chance know what size the o ring was that you used?I love that SXK Orbit,I have 2 of them,but like you,it constantly seeps,and if I don't catch in time,it will let enough out to soak the whole bottom section of the mod,so I definitely want to fix them.Thanks.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Do you by chance know what size the o ring was that you used?I love that SXK Orbit,I have 2 of them,but like you,it constantly seeps,and if I don't catch in time,it will let enough out to soak the whole bottom section of the mod,so I definitely want to fix them.Thanks.
Sorry @b.m. but I'm not sure.
I just opened up some baggies from various little atty boxes in my drawer and tried a few until I found one that wasn't too fat to stop the tank from fitting on.
Pretty sure it was from a 24mm RDA or RTA. Might have been a Serpent but not sure. Most of my attys are 24mm or less.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Sorry @b.m. but I'm not sure.
I just opened up some baggies from various little atty boxes in my drawer and tried a few until I found one that wasn't too fat to stop the tank from fitting on.
Pretty sure it was from a 24mm RDA or RTA. Might have been a Serpent but not sure. Most of my attys are 24mm or less.
Not a problem,I have loads of spares from several 24mm rdas,im sure I can find one to fit,if that fails,I have teflon tape too,so one way or another,I'll get that seeping stopped haha.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC

Thank you my friend, after ten years of vaping and tinkering you learn a few tricks along the way...Happy to pass on the help that was passed on to me...

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
Ok everyone finally got my sxk billet box in it’s my first dna device. I pop a battery in aaannnnnnd nothing go get a second one out the charger annnnnddd again nothing (batteries where both fully charged) finally I try one last option I take it upstairs pop one more battery in and the screen comes on BUT it’s barely visible looked around and realized I was in a darker room so it probably worked with the other batteries as well it was just to bright in the room to see the screen (when I say barely visible it’s like the brightness is turned all the way down) so I figured since it’s my first dna I’d come here to check to see if there’s a way to change the brightness on the screen aka turn it up. If not then that means my screan is defective and I need to reach out to pro vapes. Soooo I said all of that to ask this. does anyone know if you can turn up the brightness on the sxk dna 60 ?

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
Yes you can turn up the brightness with the software EScribe Cortez85. But it is probably already set on max. Contacting Pro Vapes would be one expensive option if you ship it back I think (unless you live in the UK). Evolv would be much cheaper if you are in the states.
I’m in the states I guess I can try Evolv I’m super disappointed been looking forward to this for weeks. I shot pro vapes an email situation sucks specially since I have a huge order of things coming in for it either tomorrow or Monday. Definitely bummed.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Definitely bummed.

I don't know if you really can blame Evolv or Pro Vapes. As screen dimming can happen later after being tested. It is rare of course. But in a tiny percentage it can happen. I seriously doubt you will have other problems with the other orders from Pro Vapes. They are a very good vendor.

• Agree
Reactions: Pigs

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
I don't know if you really can blame Evolv or Pro Vapes. As screen dimming can happen later after being tested. It is rare of course. But in a tiny percentage it can happen. I seriously doubt you will have other problems with the other orders from Pro Vapes. They are a very good vendor.
Well it’s new out the box like less than an hour old from the time I made the original post. Had just gotten it from the mail man and opened it up and that was what was going on. I figure there has to be some type of warranty or return policy but I’m not sure to be honest. I just want it to work like it’s suppose to.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
That is what I mean Cortez85. Evolv had checked the brightness and SXK had too and it was perfectly fine. It lights up by LED by the way. So while shipping from the US to China the screen was fine, but from China to the UK and back to the US it severely dimmed out. Even though you just had taken it out of the box.

It happens to something like 1 out of a thousand. But not too worry, that is what warranties are for. I'm not positive, but I believe Evolv pays shipping both ways. I hope I am right, since I have over 80 DNA mods stocking up for the vapocalypse for the past 8 years. And I never sent one back yet. That speaks volumes in how reliable they are.

Trust me when I say I wished I was the one who received that mod instead of you. As I have plenty and I could wait. But unless you are going to fix it yourself (I would if I got it), you need a new screen if it isn't turned down and can't be corrected by EScribe. So short of replacing the screen yourself (if you have done it before, no big deal), otherwise you need to ship it somewhere. And Evolv is your best bet. And they have a really fast turn around time too. :)

Submit a ticket at:
Help Desk - Submit a ticket

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Izan and Pigs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread