SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
That is what I mean Cortez85. Evolv had checked the brightness and SXK had too and it was perfectly fine. It lights up by LED by the way. So while shipping from the US to China the screen was fine, but from China to the UK and back to the US it servery dimmed out. Even though you just had taken it out of the box.

It happens to something like 1 out of a thousand. But not too worry, that is what warranties are for. I'm not positive, but I believe Evolv pays shipping both ways. I hope I am right, since I have over 80 dna mods stocking up for the vapocalypse for the past 8 years. And I never sent one back yet. That speaks volumes in how reliable they are.

Trust me when I say I wished I was the one who received that mod instead of you. As I have plenty and I could wait. But unless you are going to fix it yourself (I would if I got it), you need a new screen if it isn't turned down and can't be corrected by EScribe. So short of replacing the screen yourself (if you have done it before, no big deal), otherwise you need to ship it somewhere. And Evolv is your best bet. And they have a really fast turn around time too. :)

Submit a ticket at:
Help Desk - Submit a ticket
Youre right who knows where it went wrong hopefully come Monday I’ll be able to get ahold of someone and get the process going to get it fixed. It’s on enough for me to use right now as long as I go in a completely dark room to set the wattage so I guess that’s a plus till I have to send it off. I appreciate all the info I am a pretty savvy guy as far as tech goes so I should be able to replace the screen myself if it comes down to it.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
@Cortez85, The mod is new so Its probably a loose flex cable. The flex cable on the screen probaly wasnt locked properly...

I have had a few bad screens and most were my fault. Dropped mods and eliquid seeping caused my screens to fade away till they wouldn't light up again. Whats good about the DNA board's is that you can replace just the screen..

In your case dont open the mod up. You will get a new one from china or Pro-Vapes. Both should have a 30day warranty on electronic and doa devices.
It may take some time but im sure you'll get a new one.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
@Cortez85, The mod is new so Its probably a loose flex cable. The flex cable on the screen probaly wasnt locked properly...

I have had a few bad screens and most were my fault. Dropped mods and eliquid seeping caused my screens to fade away till they wouldn't light up again. Whats good about the DNA board's is that you can replace just the screen..

In your case dont open the mod up. You will get a new one from china or Pro-Vapes. Both should have a 30day warranty on electronic and doa devices.
It may take some time but im sure you'll get a new one.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
That’s what I’m hoping is they just ship out a new one everything else with this one works it fires and all just the screen holding it back. It sucks because tomorrow the new panels and screws and borough along with the mobb mini will be in and I won’t be able to use any of it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BillW50

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
Just for a visual reference as to what’s going on battery is in in the first pic and screen is on you just can’t tell second pic same thing accept in a completely dark room so you can actually see the screen

Attachments

• E2AB02AA-26FE-4C55-ABD0-3D6C3A588747.jpeg
    E2AB02AA-26FE-4C55-ABD0-3D6C3A588747.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • DE650128-CC3B-4DB1-90B3-EF8528FD9C79.jpeg
    DE650128-CC3B-4DB1-90B3-EF8528FD9C79.jpeg
    730.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Informative

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
Since you are going that route you might as well open it and check the ribbon's connection on the board.
View attachment 968761
The board shown is a DNA75 but the procedure is the same.
As soon as I get off work in the morning I’m definitely going to do this. I took a couple pics earlier and it looked like the ribbon was crimped up pretty bad and there was something on the ribbon close to wheee it connects to the board not sure what it was to be honest. Thought it might be whatever they spray on it to make it liquid repellent so to speak. I’ll attach a few pics and you guys can tell me what you think.

Attachments

• 32774550-85AF-4DDA-90A3-E9AF7D61B89A.jpeg
    32774550-85AF-4DDA-90A3-E9AF7D61B89A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • A7DF31AF-52A3-4E14-8084-9D088645F602.jpeg
    A7DF31AF-52A3-4E14-8084-9D088645F602.jpeg
    946.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Informative

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
The board is coated by Evolv with the screen not attached. Perhaps SXK does something more with it coating wise but I doubt it.
Edit: I see the connector's is a bit different than the 75, I'm not sure how that one operates, maybe someone can chime in on that.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
The board is coated by Evolv with the screen not attached. Perhaps SXK does something more with it coating wise but I doubt it.
Edit: I see the connector's is a bit different than the 75, I'm not sure how that one operates, maybe someone can chime in on that.
It’s the same pretty much dip that connector up and slide it in there and close it and just flip the screen around to the opposite side of the board.

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
When you did that, did you hear it click in? Also did you check the screen brightness setting in escribe?
Didn’t check escribe due to it being new and there’s certain spots in the screen that don’t light up at all for instance the number 2 will only have the top portion lit up missing the entire middle and then part of the bottom kinda hard to explain but that screen is definitely shot.

• Optimistic

Cortez85

Jan 9, 2022
Quick question for anyone who may know. I have an abyss and also have the bridge pack and was wondering if the pnp bridge would work in a bb boro tank ? If so awesome I haven’t gotten my BB back from Evolv as of yet or I would have just tried it but I’m genuinely curious if that’s the case with it because that would be awesome seeing as I have wotofos pnp rebuildable kit.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Quick question for anyone who may know. I have an abyss and also have the bridge pack and was wondering if the pnp bridge would work in a bb boro tank ? If so awesome I haven’t gotten my BB back from Evolv as of yet or I would have just tried it but I’m genuinely curious if that’s the case with it because that would be awesome seeing as I have wotofos pnp rebuildable kit.
No,I had read a lot of people saying it would fit,so I bought the Abyss bridge pack,and none of them will directly fit a standard boro.
On the other end of that,it can be made to fit in an SXK boro called a unitank,but the bridge needs to be modified to even fit that,you have to use.a file or dremel,or grinder and remove most of the lip around the top of the chimney part on the bridge.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

No,I had read a lot of people saying it would fit,so I bought the Abyss bridge pack,and none of them will directly fit a standard boro.
On the other end of that,it can be made to fit in an SXK boro called a unitank,but the bridge needs to be modified to even fit that,you have to use.a file or dremel,or grinder and remove most of the lip around the top of the chimney part on the bridge.

Or you can get the SXK Unitank (aka Unit Tank) that accepts PnP coil heads. No need for the Abyss PnP bridge. There are 2 or 3 different Unitanks. It is pretty confusing. Only the included bridges are different. But this is the one that you need for PnP coil heads.

SXK ETU PnP & Vaporesso GTX Coil Unit

Fasttech used to carry them and ProVapes did too, but now I don't know where you can get them. Maybe SXK has discontinued them.

Besides what b.m. had mentioned about problems with the Abyss PnP bridge to fit into a boro. The other problem is the bottom hole of the boro tank is too small for a PnP coil head. It might work with the A-Tank and using the Atlantis sleeve that comes with it plus the Abyss PnP bridge. But that is a big might work.

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Or you can get the SXK Unitank (aka Unit Tank) that accepts PnP coil heads. No need for the Abyss PnP bridge. There are 2 or 3 different Unitanks. It is pretty confusing. Only the included bridges are different. But this is the one that you need for PnP coil heads.

SXK ETU PnP & Vaporesso GTX Coil Unit

Fasttech used to carry them and ProVapes did too, but now I don't know where you can get them. Maybe SXK has discontinued them.

Besides what b.m. had mentioned about problems with the Abyss PnP bridge to fit into a boro. The other problem is the bottom hole of the boro tank is too small for a PnP coil head. It might work with the A-Tank and using the Atlantis sleeve that comes with it plus the Abyss PnP bridge. But that is a big might work.
Yeah,I have a couple of the pnp tanks,but didn't mention those,because like you said,you can't find them anywhere.I had forgotten about the hole being too small in the standard boro.
The unitank I used is the plain Normal unitank,the Abyss pnp adapter fits it fine,just have to trim the top lip on the bridge as it is too wide to fit all the way up into the top of the tank.If I remember right,I think k it was you that told me that trick haha.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
The unitank I used is the plain Normal unitank,the Abyss pnp adapter fits it fine,just have to trim the top lip on the bridge as it is too wide to fit all the way up into the top of the tank.If
Is that the unitank that comes with the Supbox? If so I'll try that trick myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread