SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
First impressions out of the box is good, lighter than I expected, admittedly no battery in yet. Doesn't feel as premium as I thought it would. Not sure if that's SXK specific or my expectations were too high in general.
I actually had the opposite impression :rolleyes: I thought a "clone" would be alot worse than this.
Also came with a black boro which is nice, was expecting white.
I hope they didn't pack an A-tank by accident.
I also got the clear panels, hoping they'd have the logos as the photos did on FT, but nope. And they wobble like crazy too, any fix for that?
Hmmm. My SXK clear panels only have a very slight wobble on the screen side. I don't know why yours wobble so much.
Gunna be a busy afternoon of fiddling ahead with the Xeta.
The proof is in the vaping :D Can't go wrong with the Xeta.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Update on the Xeta: It also leaves the smallest amount of condensation of any BB rba I've tried. I've got most of them (except the Crossbow and the Flow) and the Xeta leaves the back of the Boro basically bone dry. After 2 days of no cleaning I've found a few tiny beads of condensation around the positive pin but much less than others. Not using a condensation plug either.
Yep exactly the same here. Bone dry except for a TINY bit of condensation in the bottom of the boro chamber. I am using a plug though.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
I also got the clear panels, hoping they'd have the logos as the photos did on FT, but nope. And they wobble like crazy too, any fix for that?

My button side is as solid as a rock, no movement in any direction... The tank/screen side has slight movement up and down and side to side, no wobble though...

If the tank side wobbles, loosen the 510 nut/insert, then hold the tank in tight as you tighten the nut, occasionally the tank wont be seated all the way in, it will sit out a fraction, and cause the panel to wobble.. ...

Thanks for the replies guys.

She’s up and running. Very smooth and quiet vape on the xeta. No dry hits or gurgling first go. It’s a 2.5mm 26g kanthal build. Think I’ll try something a bit rowdier next tank. Also someone said it previously but yeah I think it would struggle with a 3mm coil, just enough room for the 2.5.

My SXK xeta build quality is a bit average too. Post screws were destroyed first tighten. Switched out to the flat head screws. One of the posts looks a bit bent. And I dislike the clamping system. It was very easy to loosen a lead once it was tightened down. Might get the YFTK for back up. But easy to build in general and a good vape. I’m paranoid about leaking though. I think it’s just because I’ve never used this type of tank system. I find myself opening it up to check if everything's still tip top every few minutes.

I’m actually keen to try some stock coils too. For stress free times.

EDIT; Just tried Escribe (for MAC) and it won't recognise the device. No biggie, but strange.

55frHdu

duySPky

Last edited:
Reactions: dwcraig1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

She’s up and running. Very smooth and quiet vape on the xeta. No dry hits or gurgling first go. It’s a 2.5mm 26g kanthal build. Think I’ll try something a bit rowdier next tank. Also someone said it previously but yeah I think it would struggle with a 3mm coil, just enough room for the 2.5.

My SXK xeta build quality is a bit average too. Post screws were destroyed first tighten. Switched out to the flat head screws. One of the posts looks a bit bent. And I dislike the clamping system. It was very easy to loosen a lead once it was tightened down. Might get the YFTK for back up. But easy to build in general and a good vape. I’m paranoid about leaking though. I think it’s just because I’ve never used this type of tank system. I find myself opening it up to check if everything's still tip top every few minutes.

EDIT; Just tried Escribe (for MAC) and it won't recognise the device. No biggie, but strange.

55frHdu

duySPky
If you are using this version of EScribe (US or INT) or newer try a different cable.
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP17_INT.pkg

Reactions: SamOrSamuel
  • Optimistic
Reactions: dwcraig1

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
I just downloaded that link and tried it, it wouldn't even open once installed, weird.

I tried the us version and international version. With 2 different cables. Weird. Are you guys using mac?
I'm on Win10, never had an issue with it.. SetupEScribe2_SP17_INT, it's since updated to SP19..

You should be able to open it without a BB connected...

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I just downloaded that link and tried it, it wouldn't even open once installed, weird.

I tried the us version and international version. With 2 different cables. Weird. Are you guys using mac?
I use Macs for my work every day but I've never been able to get any of my DNA devices talking to Escribe on my Macs so I use a Windows 10 laptop and it's fine. Escribe is a useful tool for sure with any DNA device. You can adjust a few key parameters or really dig in deep if you want and go tweek crazy.
Good luck - you may be able to crack it with a Mac.:thumbs:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia

55frHdu

duySPky
I'm not sure you meant this but remember that the more often, and the longer you open up the glass door on the Boro, the more likely you are going to be to get flooding or a even a leak from your RBA. When you fill it up do it pretty quickly and gently slide the glass door shut as soon as you can. This will prevent gurgling.

There's no need to be paranoid about leaking with the Xeta. If you follow Todd's basic guidelines you really can't go wrong.
Stop worrying and enjoy it!!

I'm not sure you meant this but remember that the more often, and the longer you open up the glass door on the Boro, the more likely you are going to be to get flooding or a even a leak from your RBA. When you fill it up do it pretty quickly and gently slide the glass door shut as soon as you can. This will prevent gurgling.

There's no need to be paranoid about leaking with the Xeta. If you follow Todd's basic guidelines you really can't go wrong.
Stop worrying and enjoy it!!

Oh yeah I just meant opening the panel to visually inspect. Haven't opened the glass.

I'm enjoying it lol. Can't put it down

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Also someone said it previously but yeah I think it would struggle with a 3mm coil, just enough room for the 2.5.

I'm running a 3mm in my Xeta,but it is a fairly tight fit,it does fit though.Now,i'm not sure if say a 3mm clapton would fit though,i'm running just a single wire 26g,claptons i would probably drop down to a 2.5mm if i ever use those.

On the stock coils,a few i have found to be really good are the Kanger SSOCC heads and some Atlantis style clapton heads on Fasttech.I actually like the Atlantis heads a little better,so i've been throwing a coulple packs in with each order from them.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Have you tried various USB cables? There are a lot out there without the data lines connected that are only used for charging.
True - probably at least 2/3 of mine that have come with vape devices don't work for data transfer . Even the cable that came with my Therion DNA 75 doesn't do data. Lost Vape got a bit of egg on their face over that one a few years back

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
True - probably at least 2/3 of mine that have come with vape devices don't work for data transfer . Even the cable that came with my Therion DNA 75 doesn't do data. Lost Vape got a bit of egg on their face over that one a few years back
I think the only thing that keeps Lost Vape in business is that they use Evolv's boards in their products.

• Agree
Reactions: ShamrockPat

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got a link to those Atlantis style claptons?
Yep,these are the ones i use,you need the A-tank to use them.
$5.82 *SALE* Replacement Clapton Coil Head for MELO 2 / Atlantis / Triton Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
They have 2 styles of these available,the ones in the link,the 5 pack is what i have now,there is also a 10 pack,i have some of those on the way,but haven't tried those ones yet,they look like the wick holes may be smaller in those ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread