Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
charging.JPG
Yes it does power on with usb connected and no battery in.
The next thing that needs to be known, does the USB supply and the mods charger supply voltage that's higher than battery voltage. Have you tried another cable and/or power source?
In this snip of device Monitor you can see that the charger is working.

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    The next thing that needs to be known, does the USB supply and the mods charger supply voltage that's higher than battery voltage. Have you tried another cable and/or power source?

Yes I have tried 4/5 different usb cables, also in different locations, my apartment in Des Moines and today at my home in Wichita, really need to take it apart to see if can see anything inside, but my multi small tool set is back in Des Moines, and won't be back there till Monday.

Maybe it's a sign that I need to buy another lol

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    View attachment 852429
    In this snip of Device Monitor you can see that the charger is working.
    So you're thinking if the charge voltage is lower than the battery termination voltage then the mod might trigger the termination early?

• Optimistic
    Reactions: dwcraig1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    Yes I have tried 4/5 different usb cables, also in different locations, my apartment in Des Moines and today at my home in Wichita, really need to take it apart to see if can see anything inside, but my multi small tool set is back in Des Moines, and won't be back there till Monday.

Maybe it's a sign that I need to buy another lol
    How are you seeing to determine that it's not charging?

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    I know most of you already know this but for you guys just getting into DNA mods I recommend that you only use the usb on the mod to transfer data. Its recommended that you charge your batteries on portable bay chargers...
    I know about the DNA mods balance charging and discharging but im no battery expert. For some reason some batterys drain faster or hold less of a charge then others after being used for a while even when married...
    If you notice when charging your batteries some leds will light up green faster then others on the chager bay even if used together.. I dont trust on board usbs to charge batteries regularly, and neither should you if you want to get a longer life out of your mod.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    NC Foothills
    View attachment 852277

EDIT: You can see the discoloration on the bottom part of the stone. That's the only part that touched the boro. You do not want to go deep enough to reach the channel the o-ring sits in. I also did it on a pretty slow speed. Too fast and it will take it down too quickly to control.

Thanks, just what I needed. :thumb:

Reactions: gsmit1

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I know most of you already know this but for you guys just getting into DNA mods I recommend that you only use the usb on the mod to transfer data. Its recommended that you charge your batteries on portable bay chargers...
    I know about the DNA mods balance charging and discharging but im no battery expert. For some reason some batterys drain faster or hold less of a charge then others after being used for a while even when married...
    If you notice when charging your batteries some leds will light up green faster then others on the chager bay even if used together.. I dont trust on board usbs to charge batteries regularly, and neither should you if you want to get a longer life out of your mod.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes heard it many times, don't trust your china mod to charge your battery, but use that china made battery charger instead ;)

I know it is recommended to charge with charger, but I have always used mod over 7 years of vaping, is there a chance something could go wrong, of course, but also is using a battery charger, even risk charging your phone, leaving anything electrical plugged in is a risk, but do people go around and unplug every night?

I actually avoid mods that don't have onboard charging, and got rid of my 1st BB, due to it not having onboard charging.

I know some will jump on me for my opinion, but I am entitled to it :)

Slaughter

Jan 18, 2015
    Birmingham
    You know when you connect to your laptop to use escribe it is also charging? I would only use the usb charger in a bind. I don’t want to mess up a mod that cost over $100.
    Today I recoiled my insider after de-buring/sanding holes and screws. Snapped 2 coils in the process:( It all looks smooth as butter, but still seems to be trying to cut the wire. I put in a triple twisted 32g ss316 3mm that’s reading .71ohms. Vaping like a champ at 420@25w stock 316ss preset. I haven’t had much luck in the past using tc ss. But so far the dna60 is still impressing me over my other tc mods:)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Yes heard it many times, don't trust your china mod to charge your battery, but use that china made battery charger instead ;)

I know it is recommended to charge with charger, but I have always used mod over 7 years of vaping, is there a chance something could go wrong, of course, but also is using a battery charger, even risk charging your phone, leaving anything electrical plugged in is a risk, but do people go around and unplug every night?

I actually avoid mods that don't have onboard charging, and got rid of my 1st BB, due to it not having onboard charging.

I know some will jump on me for my opinion, but I am entitled to it :)
    I've always charged single cell mods with the onboard charger, never a problem. I even use the on board charger for dual battery DNA devices, again never a problem.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    So just managed to get my bb apart (button and screen panels), and there was a small amount of juice in it, was only a small amount, but am guessing that is what has caused the problem, I got it dried and put back together, and do notice the charging light is flickering red and green, so even if it does charge the battery, I won't trust onboard charging with this one now, which sucks, as hate trying to get the battery in and out of it, think you just at same risk of damaging the mod, with the stress you put on the battery contacts getting the battery in and out of it.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: dwcraig1

Slaughter

Jan 18, 2015
    Birmingham
    Toned down the orange with a little vinyl. Hopefully this will protect it some until my black model arrives. It’s not perfect, but as a diy I could redo it anytime. Started looking at those leather skullkandy cases, but they ain’t cheep!!! :matrix: Also ordered one of those jmk hybrid drip tips that screw into the top. Messing with that top screw is getting old quick:?:

Attachments

• 523DD640-2A13-4885-9368-78A0CC9D6F06.jpeg
      523DD640-2A13-4885-9368-78A0CC9D6F06.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 34
    Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I dont trust on board usbs to charge batteries regularly, and neither should you if you want to get a longer life out of your mod.
    That is interesting... since DNA chargers are likely more accurate than your external charger. I do use external charging most of the time with my DNA mods because I am vaping with them and not charging with them. But the DNA mods are actually the better charger.

But it is true most other mods use low quality chargers inside of them. So this is where this warning against using internal chargers comes from. But there are low quality external chargers out there too, so be aware.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Well, ft sent me a message this morning that my black sxk bb dna60
    is not shipping till November 27th due to production issues. I hope this doesn’t turn into a item discontinued situation.......:tumble:
    You may want to consider cancelling it at FT,and ordering through 3F.They are a few dollars more on it,but have it in stock on 24 hour ship.That way if it is by chance already discontinued again,you'll still be able to get it.

NickSGsy

Nov 19, 2019
    Hi, after reading this entire thread i have joined to get involved.
    I an currently playing with a bantam box with included bits. I liked it enough i snagged an original bb on Saturday release, it posted yesterday so very excited.
    Order some ft bits over weekend
    Spare boros / gaskets.
    Xeta clone
    Insider v2 clone.
    Also order a couple of jk key tips as they should fit both (not of ft so dont get excited)
    Has anyone got a boxxer v2 yet as that is looking great. Im eying up trvvped one and its in stock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread