Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I'll tell ya what. You can get some decent DL cloudage outta the Exocet. not saying it's better than the Xeta, I haven't tried it yet, but just throwing it out there.

The guy over at POTV is a regular with a lot of BB experience. He has an OG and a YFTK. He says he can't tell them apart. On the other hand SXK has been good to me. I only ordered a YFTK because it was available now on 3F and I also wanted those panels and that tool.

Here's a little tidbit though. On fasttech if you go to the page for either the YFTK or the SXK, the drop down selection menu let's you choose between the two. Makes me wonder if they're made in the same place and therefore the same thing. .
Yeah,i used the Exocet for a little while,it was pretty decent,but no matter how i did the tails on the wicks,i would eventually get dry hits,which i know is just an issue of getting it figured out,but as you found out a while back,i'm impatient and get irritated with stuff pretty quick haha.
The availability is the reason i went SXK,when i ordered,they were showing an earlier ship date than the YFTK,i wanted whichever i could get faster,which backfired because YFTK started shipping earlier than expected haha.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Got my SXK Xeta clone today,all i can say is wow.None of the other rebuildables have really done it for me,so i found my BB happiness with Kanger ssocc heads,but that has now changed haha,the Xeta is a fantastic vape.I'm a dl vaper and running this Xeta with no inserts gives me a very nice lightly restricted dl vape.Now,i really can't wait for the YFTK version to ship and get here to compare them.
View attachment 843679
That's exciting. Mine's on the way still - can't wait. I've decided not to re-wick my Insider in the hope that the Xeta shows up any day.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That's exciting. Mine's on the way still - can't wait. I've decided not to re-wick my Insider in the hope that the Xeta shows up any day.
I thought for sure you would get yours first based on the crazy long times my Ft packages have taken lately.This one surprised me,it moved pretty quick.Well worth the wait though.

Reactions: TrollDragon

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Yeah,i used the Exocet for a little while,it was pretty decent,but no matter how i did the tails on the wicks,i would eventually get dry hits,which i know is just an issue of getting it figured out,but as you found out a while back,i'm impatient and get irritated with stuff pretty quick haha.
The availability is the reason i went SXK,when i ordered, they were showing an earlier ship date than the YFTK,i wanted whichever i could get faster,which backfired because YFTK started shipping earlier than expected haha.
Oh shoot, that's right. I got the Exocet from you too LOL! I'm losing track of where I got what anymore.

I wanted that tool and those panels from 3F and they only had the YFTK Xeta in stock. I paid 2 and a half bucks for the upgraded shipping so I'll probably get it before I'm in a nursing home, but not much sooner. DHL from China is pretty fast, but obscenely expensive as you know. Can't do that.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I use the "Special US Air Mail" option at 3F, it's been being delivered in 6 - 8 days at an additional cost of 50 cents.
While I have no SXK Xeta to compare to don't expect to see any difference between the two.
I am using 2.7 mm id coils in my one Xeta styled atty and use EScribe to get the wicking right for 45 watts for 1 second and then 35 watts.
This is with 2 strand 28 gauge twisted SS430, the same coil that I use in most all of my atomizers.
It was necessary that I push some of the outer edges of the wick tail to the inside of the juice port of the chamber otherwise it was hitting temp (430F) way too soon.
I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference between the Insider and Xeta with this coil configuration and wide open air.
On my 2nd Xeta styled I have a 3 strand 28 gauge SS316 Clapton. That is much easier to do with the Xeta than the Insider.
It's (Xeta) is really a well designed piece.

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I thought for sure you would get yours first based on the crazy long times my Ft packages have taken lately.This one surprised me,it moved pretty quick.Well worth the wait though.
Maybe the slow mail has to do with the Chinese National Day holiday? Mine's coming from FT too

Hi, hello. I'm Sam.. or Samuel. Your choice.

New here on the forums. And I've got the billet box itch. I've read this entire 78 page thread, a lot to digest. I'm at a point where I am considering putting down the money for an authentic as my first, I have also been thinking about the SXK dna 60 instead which is why I'm here specifically. But I have the money and I'm turning 30 so spending my sorrows away to forget this fact is a good excuse, and it's something I use every single day sun up to sun down so I don't mind paying a bit extra. Also I'm cool either way for a USB port.

I have a couple questions that may sway me in either direction though, if anybody would be kind enough to clarify for me if they know:

1. Do all or most clone accessories work on the authentic? e.g sxk doors and the button/internal panel kits, I've read mixed things about magnets being opposite on the sxk. But I presume all the screws line up internally for other parts. And from what I read the atty's and bridges etc all work in either. This question is because the high end accessories for the authentic are often nearing the price of a new authentic, let alone an SXK. And that's one thing I can't dig, especially factoring the aussie dollar and shipping here. So if cheap bits can't fit on the authentic, well that probably answers it.

2. Would you recommend the Insider or Xeta (clones)? I only want to buy one at first to slow down the spending, along with a bridge, possibly Nautilus. And I want it to be a good first experience. I'm confident building, just looking for the easiest wicking option to avoid leaking and dry hit stress while using it daily wherever I go. And I'm a loose MTL and/or quite restricted DTL. I'm hearing good things about the Xeta. I currently squonk using an Origen Little RDA with 2mm or 2.5mm ID 27g Kanthal or 28g SS, roughly around 0.7-0.8 ohms.

3. Thank you, very much. If I said something incorrect I apologise. I apologise for the long read, I wanted to be thorough. It's a deep rabbit hole but I want to condense all my vape junk down to something like this system, I have too much stuff I don't use. But I want something I can use for the foreseeable future and be reliable, unlike my Hyundai, if anyone wants to buy it, cheap, real cheap, take it away from me, please.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
1. Do all or most clone accessories work on the authentic? e.g sxk doors and the button/internal panel kits, I've read mixed things about magnets being opposite on the sxk.
The only thing that is not interchangeable is the threaded 510 key that screws into the top of the mod completing the circuit and providing a place to put your drip tip. The magnet thing, which I've heard also, has not been true for anybody I know at least. I have some stabwood panels made for the authentic BBV and they work fine on my SXK clones.
20190820_114207_cr.jpg

2. Would you recommend the Insider or Xeta (clones)?
It's tough to give a hard recommendation for a single RBA, but the Xeta appears to be the most versatile and is very easy to coil and wick.

They're kinda tough to find right now, but if you do get the SXK clone, it will come with a Kanger subtank RBA clone and Kanger and Nautilus bridges for the coils they use too.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
The only thing that is not interchangeable is the threaded 510 key that screws into the top of the mod completing the circuit and providing a place to put your drip tip. The magnet thing, which I've heard also, has not been true for anybody I know at least.

It's tough to give a hard recommendation for a single RBA, but the Xeta appears to be the most versatile and is very easy to coil and wick.

They're kinda tough to find right now, but if you do get the SXK clone, it will come with a Kanger subtank RBA clone and Kanger and Nautilus bridges for the coils they use too.
I thought the 510 key being different was only on the early SXK BB's, but maybe I'm wrong.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
I thought the 510 key being different was only on the early SXK BB's, but maybe I'm wrong.
I bought an authentic key from a guy on Reddit and it doesn't fit my SXKs which were made earlier this year :( The threads are slightly different.

Through some kinda trickery, JMK hybrid tips (as in my pic above) fit both. :confused:

Last edited:

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
The only thing that is not interchangeable is the threaded 510 key that screws into the top of the mod completing the circuit and providing a place to put your drip tip. The magnet thing, which I've heard also, has not been true for anybody I know at least. I have some stabwood panels made for the authentic BBV and they work fine on my SXK clones.
View attachment 843733

Thanks so much for the quick reply. That's good to know about the doors, I'm digging the look of the clear ones, so if I can put the sxk clears on an authentic I'd be chuffed. I'm not too bothered about the 510 key, I'm thinking I'd go with a threaded drip tip at some point anyway.

Yeah an Rba is tough for me I think. Might be some trial and error.

The SXK 60's are on pre-order on 3f and FT at the moment

I bought an authentic key from a guy on Reddit and it doesn't fit my SXKs which were made earlier this year :( The threads are slightly different.

Through some kinda trickery JMK hybrid tips (as in my pic above) fit both. :confused:

Also with these tips, if I remember clearly from this thread, they reduce the condensation issues?

Reactions: Susaz

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia

Hey Sam.. Welcome to the rabbit warren :thumb:

I'd probably suggest a SXK DNA60 as a foot in the BB door, make sure that form factor suits you before you invest the money on an authentic one... + the SXK has the USB which will make it easier to tinker with TC, + it comes with the couple of bridges and kanga RBA to get you started (and to fall back on if you have any issues with the RBA you buy)....

I don't have my Haku Xeta clone yet but by all reports it seems to be the best universal RBA around at the moment, it seems to be a good place to start, easy to build and such..

Keep us updated on your journey :)

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Good to see SXK are making some more DNA60 BB's, FT & 3F both have them listed as preorder, $105usd..

3F Black
SXK BB Box 60W Black Evolv DNA 60 Mod Kit w/ USB Port
3f also have orange, chances are Ft will have it listed soon also:
Buy SXK BB Box 60W Orange Evolv DNA 60 Mod Kit w/ USB Port

FT Black
$104.95 SXK BB Styled 60W All-in-One Box Mod Kit - 5ml / aluminum alloy / w/ USB port at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
They'd be nuts not to release more. They sell like hotcakes. Good to hear.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Thanks so much for the quick reply. That's good to know about the doors, I'm digging the look of the clear ones, so if I can put the sxk clears on an authentic I'd be chuffed. I'm not too bothered about the 510 key, I'm thinking I'd go with a threaded drip tip at some point anyway.

Yeah an Rba is tough for me I think. Might be some trial and error.

The SXK 60's are on pre-order on 3f and FT at the moment
I know people who have the clear SXK doors on their authentics. So does @b.m.

Every RBA is different. Coiling and wicking ranges from about the same as any other small rebuildable deck to just as fussy as any other fussy rebuildable deck haha.

If you have some experience with building it shouldn't be too much of a learning curve. I don't know if I'd set somebody off on the BB as their very first experience with building and wicking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread