Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Dear Kat,

I just meant that the non Oxford comma users are a bunch of cannibals. They are entirely welcome to roast me over a roaring fire on a spit before I remove it.

Because, I understand that society and language change and one day life will be dealt entirely in emoticons like the Egyptians (do pay attention to what happened to their culture though) but I am not giving up the Oxford comma.

Sand. Line. Drawn.

Anna

Dear Anna,

Choir, preach. I love me some Oxfords. Yes I do.

Kareful of sand lines tho, lovie. One wind and...... Poof!

Sin-cerely ;),

KD

upload_2018-9-22_16-25-28.jpeg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Dear Kat,

I just meant that the non Oxford comma users are a bunch of cannibals. They are entirely welcome to roast me over a roaring fire on a spit before I remove it.

Because, I understand that society and language change and one day life will be dealt entirely in emoticons like the Egyptians (do pay attention to what happened to their culture though) but I am not giving up the Oxford comma.

Sand. Line. Drawn.

Anna

Hey Anna - I think it might be helpful for you to know that Kat's "Wut" (which was actually my "Wut", but she took the pressure off me because I'm a male), wasn't related to the topic, but more the (how do I say this)...

The choice of words. :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to say this, and have NO idea how to explain it (without getting myself into trouble), but you're still totally missing the point.

Lemme have a think on this one for a bit (and pray someone swoops in to take this cup away from me). :lol:

...and I DO hope you realize that this is ALL in fun, because it IS! :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
As far as I'm concerned though, if you are going to judge me on the oxford comma (which I refuse to remove) you can eat me.

Yes. I am in TOTAL agreement that the Oxford comma is VERY important, and all of this back and forth has NOTHING to do with the comma. You used an odd term, in a way that's uncommon on the east and west coasts at least. Maybe it's a 'zona thing - I do not know. :blush:

My GAWD it's gotten quiet in here.

I think I should probably shut-up now.

Reactions: Katdarling

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
tumblr_lnxzjwla6y1qbulvco1_500.png

No DPL I know what phrase you are talking about and I've been deliberately ignoring it the whole time. Especially its colloquial meaning.

The cannibals, Trump and Gottlieb, can eat me..

The cannibals, Trump, and Gottlieb can eat me.

It's a colloquialism that you can JUST get away with saying to your mom. Origin Pacman but like it can take a dark and sinister meaning if you must go there. LOL.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Siriusly!!! ;)

tumblr_lnxzjwla6y1qbulvco1_500.png

No DPL I know what phrase you are talking about and I've been deliberately ignoring it the whole time. Especially its colloquial meaning.

The cannibals, Trump and Gottlieb, can eat me..

The cannibals, Trump, and Gottlieb can eat me.

It's a colloquialism that you can JUST get away with saying to your mom. Origin Pacman but like it can take a dark and sinister meaning if you must go there. LOL.

Anna

Now I is a blushin'. :blush:

Nah. But it sounded good. :laugh:

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My second doggy is up and running! LOL. I did it after an ego one tank busted (I am down to one 2 ml one, besides my Oddessy tanks which don't count. I was like, "This better and it won't break." It took me three coils and tons of patience as I "watched" Quantico, but I did it.

I wish I hadn't started watching that show, I literally hate every character and the "subliminal political messages," but I also need to find out what happens. Heh.

Although I have picked out the "bad guy" 100% of the time so far, so maybe I don't really need to know what happens.

Fun fact: Rush Limbaugh's favorite show at the moment. I realize why the chicks are hot ,and the liberal agenda is... cloying.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My second, third, and fourth Doggys are waiting in an unknown location in China between Origin Post and a ship or plane head toward the US coastline. Until it hits the USA there's no definitive info on where it's at.

They are probably stacked in a shipping crate in a Chinese warehouse, cold and lonely. Poor little Doggies!

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Quantico, but I did it.

I wish I hadn't started watching that show, I literally hate every character and the "subliminal political messages," but I also need to find out what happens. Heh.

I hate to break it to you but...

Aw, screw it. I don't have the heart. You'll figure it out when you begin looking for the new season episodes.

I still miss "Pure Genius" and "Pitch", for whatever that isn't worth. :blink:

Thankfully, Blue Bloods just rolls on and on. :thumbs:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL I miss odd shows I thought I would not miss, when we went to no cable. Things like "Air Disasters" which I started watching to confront my flying fears but has become an unstoppable addiction, a lot of comedy stuff, that show "Wrecked" so I've been amusing myself with older crime and doctor stuff on Netflix, but it led me to Quantico. I'm nearly to season 3 but if it ends abruptly after cancellation or something, I will consider it fitting.

Also, I wish I'd like, watched "The Leftovers" one more time before losing HBO. That is like one of my favorite shows of all time, and every time at the end I just sob like a little girl. It's just a perfectly crafted story arc, and a show (that I think got canceled) that actually did it right.

I just miss the Smithsonian Channel (and the shameless self promotion reality channels) in general. Etc.

My doggy still going strong however.

Anna

Reactions: bigbob2322
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread