SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
@stols001 Have you read the book that The Leftovers was based off?

It’s quite good. It’s basically season 1 of the show, and that’s all. HBO made everything sexy and dangerous, nothing at all like the book. However, still a great read, very thought provoking. I read it in a day or two.

My daughter (now 1!) is named Norah, taking inspiration from Norah Jones, and Nora Durst from the leftovers. I LOVED her in the show.

• Love
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I haven't although I have heard about it as kind of a spoof of the "Left Behind" series, but you know how some movies ruin the book and you shouldn't watch them? I kinda feel like reading that book might ruin the show for me.

I have pink champagne mix #1 in one of my doggies right now, and it's AWESOME. Unfortunately I lost my mix notes on those mixes, so it's also tragic, really. I think (from my vague but nebulous memories and taste buds) that it's the apricot/peach/mango set of flavors that I tarted it up with, but I'm kinda annoyed at losing those mix notes.

Anna

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Doggies. I love my doggies.

tumblr_mtgx5lePEC1qkthcwo1_500_zpsf1934c9c.GIF

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My Doggie began to loosen the chimney mounting flange nut on top and that made the chimney loose and wobbly. The only way I could get it as tight as it was when new was to use a small pliers to hold the top while turning the chimney with a quarter. That works. Luckily, the SS used in the parts didn't show tool marks when I finished tightening it and there appeared to be no change in the shape of the chimney where the coil deck goes in.

Over time, I've tried high and low coil mountings. Too high and the vape is weak and the heat in the vapor rises. Too low and the draw tightens from the air port being strangled from lack of clearance around the wicking and the coil. When the bottom of the coil is just at or a little lower than the top of the coil screws seems to be optimal. I'm liking a 2.5mm coil better than a 2mm coil, but still experimenting.

Last edited:

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
By the end of the day this build went total stinko: dry, fried hits. Re-wicked it and still stinko. This morning it was still bad, so I ripped it out and installed a new kanthal coil before even having my first sip of coffee. I may revisit SS in the future, but for now:
bill_the_cat150.gif
If at first..., try again! Installed a new 316L coil on Sunday: 28g, 2.5mm ID, .74Ω. Vaping beautifully in TC at 16 watts, 400℉, even after a re-wick and coil cleaning!

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Snapped the center/positive pins on both of my new Siren V2 24mm a few weeks ago. New pins arrived yesterday. I had been looking forward to getting one of the new Sirens up and running, but my Doggies are performing so well, I find myself asking, "why bother?".

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My two doggies still going happy, and OMG @DPLongo22 , what on earth happened with Quantico? Like season two you have this odd happy ending and then you wake up to Alex being attired in like, Italian Haute Coutour, while she picks grapes and it morphs into this weirdly episodic sort of "detective show" with really bad character development instead of like a real plot to follow and HUH???? (I mean the obnoxious political reference are still there and by obnoxious I mean SO BLATANT you just want to say, have you no way at all to um, make this pointed without taking Anderson Cooper speeches directly from his mouth, and getting actors to say them???)

It's kind of like if Alfred Hitchcock were abruptly replaced with M Night Shyamalen or something. Disappointing. I seriously think the writers all died and were replaced with the B team. Etc.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I have a few Doggies from FT but not sure which brand... one didnt come with d/t.

Do you change out the washer at the base where it meets the bottom of the tank? I wonder if that has anything to do with unevenness when I screw the tank on the base. Anyway I have to be very careful to thread it on evenly. I wondered if the washer had anything to do with leaking down there.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
SXK has an oring on the base, comes with a clear tank and ss drip tip (so it wouldn't be that one).
YFTK has no oring on the base, comes with a frosted tank, and no drip tip.

I have both types, and neither are ever uneven at the base. Sounds like you cross-threaded, or got a no-name tank, because none of mine have any issues with threading evenly. I haven't counted threads, but YFTK seems to have the least fine threading (more coarse, fewer turns per inch), and easier to get started and screw on. At $10-12 for the "name brand" clones, I wouldn't consider one other than these 2. For the reason you just discovered, and you'll never know which parts will fit if you need to replace them. I've had a number of YFTK and SXK, clones and found both are great - but best quality is probably in the order listed.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
SXK has an oring on the base, comes with a clear tank and ss drip tip (so it wouldn't be that one).
YFTK has no oring on the base, comes with a frosted tank, and no drip tip.

I have both types, and neither are ever uneven at the base. Sounds like you cross-threaded, or got a no-name tank, because none of mine have any issues with threading evenly. I haven't counted threads, but YFTK seems to have the least fine threading (more coarse, fewer turns per inch), and easier to get started and screw on. At $10-12 for the "name brand" clones, I wouldn't consider one other than these 2. For the reason you just discovered, and you'll never know which parts will fit if you need to replace them. I've had a number of YFTK and SXK, clones and found both are great - but best quality is probably in the order listed.
Do you mean SJMY, not YFTK Brew?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Do you mean SJMY, not YFTK Brew?
Oops.:confused:
SJMY. Guess I was thinking that those 3 are the only clones I'd really recommend, but YFTK doesn't offer one of these that I know of. Not only that, but I listed them in one order the first time, reversed the second, then said "In the order listed." I don't know why I always let work distract me from posting here. :)Glad you're paying attention, Dub!

What I really meant was that for all the clones I've had, SJMY has been most consistently the best. With the doggy, maybe a tiny little bit better, quality wise. And I'd only say that because the threading works a little better. No problem with the SXK at all. Between those two, I'd only pick one over the other because of the draw being more loose on the SJMY, or if you just like frosted tanks. You can't really go wrong with either.

But my next SJMY's are on the way, as well as the conversion posts to make my SXK's draw like them. I just really have come to like the more open draw a lot better, and will be sticking with that one for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread