SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
My best build so far on the doggy, 28g kanthal, 2mm ID, 7-8 wraps, around 1.1 ohm, slightly spaced, vaping at 12-13 watts. Its a small coil so vaper production is decreased but the flavor and draw is very nice.
B32-A6-E77-08-CB-46-B8-B661-3-A99-A23972-F3.jpg

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
That's my coil of choice in everything I have. Works for me. As for spaced or touching, I make them on a Coilmaster and pull the legs to tighten it a bit. Then when installed I manipulate the coil until it starts to glow evenly across the coil, rather than that 'from the inside out' stuff. Whether it ends up touching or spaced at that point matters not a jot to me.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just got a doggy 18 and I built it. The chiney wouldnt come out. I wasnt sure if that was supposed to be that way but I built it anyways. I built it with a 26ga 3mm coil coming out about .5 ohms. Dang that thing was unbearably hot! I must have done something wrong or Im just not going to like this tank if its burning my lips. Tastes ok though before it gets hot.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I just got a doggy 18 and I built it. The chiney wouldnt come out. I wasnt sure if that was supposed to be that way but I built it anyways. I built it with a 26ga 3mm coil coming out about .5 ohms. Dang that thing was unbearably hot! I must have done something wrong or Im just not going to like this tank if its burning my lips. Tastes ok though before it gets hot.
Lower your watts and try again. What's your watts at?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I will when my coil building kit gets here from FT.

A nail in the right size makes a good impromptu coil winding tool. Some use coarse thread machine screws or bolts to produce a spaced coil. Buy a long one in the right diameter and coarse thread pitch at the hardware store and that gives you something to hold onto while you wrap. After you wrap, you just unscrew the threaded bolt from the coil.

I've had a CoilMaster for years. I used it for a while when it was new. For me, it's faster and easier to wrap simple coils on a stepped mandrel. For those who do complex coils, it's probably a great investment.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I will when my coil building kit gets here from FT.
You don't need
A nail in the right size makes a good impromptu coil winding tool. Some use coarse thread screws to produce a spaced coil. Buy a long one in the right diameter at the hardware store and that gives you something to hold onto while you wrap.

I've had a CoilMaster for years. I used it for a while when it was new. For me, it's faster and easier to wrap simple coils on a stepped mandrel. For those who do complex coils, it's probably a great investment.
I have to try the screw winding... I've been meaning to try it for years and I have thousands of screws too in my garage... I WILL try it today!

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Doggie problem: I use short, plastic wide-bore tip on my Doggies. There is a problem with condensation pooling in the dished area just below the bottom of the tip. About once a day I get a yuck! taste from the condensated juice which requires removing the tip and sucking up the condensate with a wadded corned of a napkin. I'm not sure of a longer tip would make a difference. I try to stay away from metal mouth pieces.

What is your experience? Any suggestions?

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I ordered both a stepped mandrel and a coil master type gadget for in case I ever need it.

Reactions: DaveP

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Doggie problem: I use short, plastic wide-bore tip on my Doggies. There is a problem with condensation pooling in the dished area just below the bottom of the tip. About once a day I get a yuck! taste from the condensated juice which requires removing the tip and sucking up the condensate with a wadded corned of a napkin. I'm not sure of a longer tip would make a difference. I try to stay away from metal mouth pieces.

What is your experience? Any suggestions?
I use the same style tips and have the same problem if i do not keep on top of it. I just wipe it out with some rolled kitchen towel every day when i swap the tip to clean it. Kind of stops it before the problem has chance to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread