The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SXK DOGGY STYLE

Discussion in 'RTA' started by SKYYcamel, Jul 3, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Speedfreek67

Speedfreek67 Full Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Nice to see so much love here for one of my favourite MTL RTAs. :)

20170502_211057.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinged mods and poli-TIX ready! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Welp, thank you, barkz. We'll be here all week. (and don't forget to......)

If you find the Dogz are drinking way too much, load up a Damm FRESIA, and vape it. You'll find the Doggers last a LONG time. :rolleyes:

Beauty is in the eyes of the tank holder.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    DEM dawgz'll hunt!!!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    You are gulping it ;) No I'm kidding - there's so many variables. Compared to the Project X RTA I get a lot more mileage outta the smidgee tank.

BTW It's awesome to see all of the new faces in here :thumb:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    :thumb::thumbs::wub:

• Love Love x 2
  6. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI
    Howdy folks!!!

Add my mug to one of those new faces here. I present my first Doggy (SJMY 2k16)...
    IMG_1263aCR.jpg
    It's a dang fine vape that Doggy!!! I've had it for almost a couple months and have had zero issues. For now I'm running a simple 26g 316L 2.5ID 7 wrap coil at 0.45Ω and run her between 16-28w. I'll likely pop a clapton in her next.

And yes, I have a real doggy ... meet Carli. She's a blast!!! :p
    IMG_0588 Carli.JPG

• Love Love x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI
    Looks nice on the Double Barrel too!!! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I have decided I like the topfill option tank on like the NON el-annoyoo 2016 or whatever. If you try to take the thing apart, half the time the chimney and drip tip STAY on the mod (have not been able to solve this, btw) and then all your liquid spills. You ONLY need JFC (I have mentioned my hate for JFC if you are TOPFILLING at 2016 doggy and like, otherwise, NO. And sometime it's so hard to turn that JFC that I need to use PLIERS, pressing downwards. With the other base, it just fills up like a normal tank and it Vapes Delightfully.

I demand to know who the hell invented JFC (was it the Germans? Fess up? Koemesto, oh wait, that's not German I am insulting my own race BUT they did do those endlessly redundant like, nesting dolls that SUCK it's like every time you open one it is a smaller doll, like for a LONG time and by the end you are like "This is not a doll. Nor is it a puzzle. Exactly." and your mom is like Put that back together!" and you go and kick your little sister. Okay I may be personalizing JFC a bit and perhaps I just suck at IT but a WELL designed RTA does NOT need JFC PROBABLY. Hell, IDK but this means half the doggies for like twice the price.

Yeah, I could put the OTHER bases with the other tanks, but that just seems like it might not work.

YAY TOPFILL!!! BOO JFC!!!!!!!!!!

That's my considered conclusion.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I prefer top filling tanks with JFC. One tank that I love is the OBS Engine MTL. It has top filling with top air feed. No issues ever with refilling and never leaks a drop. Just pop the top and fill... No fiddling at all. Link just for reference,

OBS Engine MTL RTA - Mouth to Lung Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    @ricks you are probably right. I have one topfill top air atomizer the Expro V4 or whatever it's called. But, on that sucker the JFC actually WORKS. Maybe that's my issue with the doggy it's poorly designed and hard to turn.

If anyone knows how to get one apart without the chimney and drip tip staying on the mod while the actual tank then just freaking dumps juice everywhere, I would love to hear it. Otherwise I'm gonna have to vape them down, down down and well that means (probably) rewicking before I need to and wasting juice.

Yeah, also if there is some magical mystical way to like, make the JFC turn more easily I am all EARS. Like, the kind of ears of a dog that stick UP instead of droop.

Because top refilling with the base that doesn't require JFC works, I am still not sure it is necessary on the doggy. Maybe I'm not being clear, but using everything but the 2019 tank/top only you HAVE to have the top otherwise I'd just like use all the other hardware.

Hmm. Maybe FT sells the top rings. I should look.

Or, HELP ME dog lovers.
    Anna

• Like Like x 4
  11. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Are you using the 2K16 or 2K18? Only the 2K18 has JFC.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    As I think I may have stated once (not sure though), I'd not much of a fan of the JFC on the new Dawg. I use the tank but I wrestle with it more than I'd like to.

Sometimes things that work do fine if just left alone, but that's just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. AngeNZ

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm in the 2k16 buttfill category - just prefer it more :wub:

Butt... I kept the original drip tip that was sold with the sxk 2k18 topfill version in my kitchen drawer. When I filled, I whipped out my current drip tip - stuck in the fat original one, did the JFC thingy, filled, undid the JFC thingy, took off the original drip tip, stuck mine back on and vaped :D

I'm not sure what drip tip you are using, but I found it easiest to use the JFC with the original one. Which is kinda why I prefer the 2k16 over the 2k18 ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earworm! :lol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I have many of both. LOVE the topfill hate JFC and everything else.

I also have some weird hybrid things that I mashed together as if I were the maker of Frankenstein only with doggies, you know like a poodle in front, and a Doberman in the rear, lots of stitches and electricity.

But the new JFC ones, I know I have two of those because I consistently hate them every time I have to deal with them.

I should just.... Chill. But yes, information on how to handle the JFC and also the juice dumping would be fabulous.

To be fair, my MAIN love of the topfill is how it LOOKS. I LOVE the metal band up top. I don't even care if I top or bottom fill now but I am not giving up "the look."

Call me shallow, call me whatever but yeah.

If I could just source the metal tops, I would butfill for the rest of my life....

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  16. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    With the 2K16's, I'm just surprised that the threads are holding up with all the unscrewing and screwing...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yeah, they don't but I will note that the topfill tanks have a fatal flaw too. They are considerably LESS drop proof than the bottom fill ones. I have destroyed 3 so far. All drops.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Molchi

Molchi Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2017
    Germany
    So glad to see i'm not alone having such problems with the 2k16. had a noname from fasttaech which worked perfect, then bought the sxk-version and had the same problems, no matter what i did something was always unscrewing and causing a terrible mess, had a hard fight which i won with bloody fingers without knowing how :cry:

Was thinking about buying a 2k18, but now you scared me a bit

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Well from the sounds of things it can't be much WORSE. LOL.

I still loves them the mismatched and tragic doggy experiments I keep in the cellar. And I don't even have a cellar but they are down there.

There's probably some technique I am missing usually the case if I doth complain too much.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  20. AngeNZ

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    They actually last really really well. I've only had to retire one - and that one had constant use and abuse from day 1. I got at least a good year or so out of it

What problems are you having with your sxk 2k16?

Most of us are finding the 2k16 is a bullet proof (unless you are @stols001 and drop it ALOT ;)) It's easy to wick, no gurgles, just vaping nirvana :thumb:

I'd love to help if I can, so let us know what is going wrong

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1