Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'm in the 2k16 buttfill category - just prefer it more :wub:

....... I kept the original drip tip that was sold with the sxk 2k18 topfill version in my kitchen drawer. When I filled, I whipped out my current drip tip - stuck in the fat original one, did the JFC thingy, filled, undid the JFC thingy, took off the original drip tip, stuck mine back on and vaped :D

I'm not sure what drip tip you are using, but I found it easiest to use the JFC with the original one. Which is kinda why I prefer the 2k16 over the 2k18 ;)

Welp, color me forgetful. I don't even KNOW what tip came with the upper body DogFill! I found some old (old skool) tip that works to open and klose the JFC, and that's my go-to now. Perhaps I should search the Interwebbies to see which tip was the OG?

Unless you wouldn't mind skooling me, Madame Ange.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Welp, color me forgetful. I don't even KNOW what tip came with the upper body DogFill! I found some old (old skool) tip that works to open and klose the JFC, and that's my go-to now. Perhaps I should search the Interwebbies to see which tip was the OG?

Unless you wouldn't mind skooling me, Madame Ange.

If your tip works on the JFC use it - my faves didn't unfortunately. Here it is ;)

9679001-23.jpg

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    No no da troubles I have seen, they are with the TOPFILL version. Even I can use the 2016 version it's hard to screw up (whelp I have stripped a couple threads on tanks.) but I have never BROKEN the tank of a bottom fill.

I think all the metal on that plastic causes ISSUES it is a SHAME it just LOOKS so much nicer (Plus, every time you SEE a doggy wick you are like "I must just rewick that" if you are me. So that is an issue it solves.

The bottom fill, I still have a bunch.

Anna

That's not to say I'm "good" at them but they don't break and whatnot.

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Last time I ordered from Fasttech, I included 2 of the el-cheapo doggies, no logos or numbers, just to see what they are. Don't bother!! :-x:-x:-x If this was my intro to doggies I never would have become such a fan of them! I have bunches of SXK and smigies and love them!!

This el-cheapo? Fine to build and first fill. After than, trying to get the base off to refill, the chimney comes with! Total mess and a waste of juice (I DIY, so not major but still....). Then, once you get the base off, screw the chimney back on and fill, it's hard to line the base up with the tank. Huge PITA!! I have not even attempted the 2nd, they will both go into the "spare parts" stash. I bet the tank itself and the screws and parts may come in handy some day...

Stick to the "name" brands... even if clones.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Last time I ordered from Fasttech, I included 2 of the el-cheapo doggies, no logos or numbers, just to see what they are. Don't bother!! :-x:-x:-x If this was my intro to doggies I never would have become such a fan of them! I have bunches of SXK and smigies and love them!!

This el-cheapo? Fine to build and first fill. After than, trying to get the base off to refill, the chimney comes with! Total mess and a waste of juice (I DIY, so not major but still....). Then, once you get the base off, screw the chimney back on and fill, it's hard to line the base up with the tank. Huge PITA!! I have not even attempted the 2nd, they will both go into the "spare parts" stash. I bet the tank itself and the screws and parts may come in handy some day...

Stick to the "name" brands... even if clones.

Yep, learnt my lesson too. Ages ago I got a no brain er name version. It leaked through the airflow hole like you wouldn't believe.

It is only now being used for parts :D

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    That tip works on the topfill if you SHOVE on it downward with PLIERS and twist.

If it's an '"easy twist" for you madame @AngeNZ we may come to blows. Probably not but mainly due to travel distance and you STILL better tell me the secret.
    Anna

It's definitely an easy twist :p I'll dig it out later in the week, play with it, and see what pearls of bs er wisdom I can come up with ;)

TraderX

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2015
    Philly Suburbs
    I had been meaning to tell you folks that enjoy the SJMY version of the Doggy about this clone. Here is a cheap but most excellent clone at Fasttech. I have several SJMY versions of the Doggy and decided to try the cheaper clone. I have now purchased 15 more for the vapocalypse stockpile, they are that good. I have been using one for 9 months now with no issues and the same plastic tank. Definitely a great cheap clone if you enjoy the 2.3mm air-hole Doggies.

$7.28 Animodz Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 304 stainless steel + acrylic at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I had been meaning to tell you folks that enjoy the SJMY version of the Doggy about this clone. Here is a cheap but most excellent clone at Fasttech. I have several SJMY versions of the Doggy and decided to try the cheaper clone. I have now purchased 15 more for the vapocalypse stockpile, they are that good. I have been using one for 9 months now with no issues and the same plastic tank. Definitely a great cheap clone if you enjoy the 2.3mm air-hole Doggies.

$7.28 Animodz Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 304 stainless steel + acrylic at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Nice. Thanks, @TraderX !!!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

I'm glad you got a good one :thumb: The not so well toilet trained doggy I got, was that SKU. It built and vaped fantastic - but seeped through the airflow hole in the deck, out of the bottom on the deck (not just through the airflow hole). That was its only flaw however.

Molchi

ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2017
    Germany
    They actually last really really well. I've only had to retire one - and that one had constant use and abuse from day 1. I got at least a good year or so out of it

What problems are you having with your sxk 2k16?

Most of us are finding the 2k16 is a bullet proof (unless you are @stols001 and drop it ALOT ;)) It's easy to wick, no gurgles, just vaping nirvana :thumb:

I'd love to help if I can, so let us know what is going wrong

I'm honestly not even sure what was wrong. At first i wasn't able to remove the ring at the top, to take the tank away to clean everything. After putting everything together, wicking and fillng it, i screwed the tank back on, and then i had the opposite, it wasn't tightening. after the tank was screwed on i could grad the driptip and spin it together with the whole chamber inside. cause of this i got no underpressure and it flooded. After disambling and putting it together 2 times, it somehow worked like it should.
    Now i screwed it together as tight, that i need a pair of pliers to unscrew it again :lol:

haven't tried it since then, cause at the moment i just like my 2 true-tanks much more.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm honestly not even sure what was wrong. At first i wasn't able to remove the ring at the top, to take the tank away to clean everything. After putting everything together, wicking and fillng it, i screwed the tank back on, and then i had the opposite, it wasn't tightening. after the tank was screwed on i could grad the driptip and spin it together with the whole chamber inside. cause of this i got no underpressure and it flooded. After disambling and putting it together 2 times, it somehow worked like it should.
    Now i screwed it together as tight, that i need a pair of pliers to unscrew it again :lol:

haven't tried it since then, cause at the moment i just like my 2 true-tanks much more.

The first time I disassembled the chamber from the tank wasn't pretty either in the 2k16 - but I wanted to use clear tanks damnit! Got there in the end :D

If you love your Trues, keep the doggies in the stash box (I won't tell them) :thumb:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    So I have the bottom fill version of the doggystyle and while I'm finding the wicking to be pleasantly simple and it's not leaking from the bottom when I refill it it leaks from the top. I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get the O-ring that's inside the tank to press up hard enough on the top hole I guess (LOL no clue what it's called) so that I don't get a ton of leakage while I'm refilling. It's not the end of the world or anything I just I want to know if I'm doing something wrong. I guess it just seems strange to me that it's literally just loose in there until it's attached to the base there is an o-ring on the inside and that's it. Also is there a better way to attach the tank to the deck am I missing something because it seems a little uneven. It's working I'm happy with it I really like the airflow and I feel like it's really forgiving as far as wicking not so much as far as putting a coil in I had to wrap my own coil to get anything to work but this was my second attempt so I guess that can be expected. Any tips or tricks happily accepted

Reactions: stols001

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    So I have the bottom fill version of the doggystyle and while I'm finding the wicking to be pleasantly simple and it's not leaking from the bottom when I refill it it leaks from the top. I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get the O-ring that's inside the tank to press up hard enough on the top hole I guess (LOL no clue what it's called) so that I don't get a ton of leakage while I'm refilling. It's not the end of the world or anything I just I want to know if I'm doing something wrong. I guess it just seems strange to me that it's literally just loose in there until it's attached to the base there is an o-ring on the inside and that's it. Also is there a better way to attach the tank to the deck am I missing something because it seems a little uneven. It's working I'm happy with it I really like the airflow and I feel like it's really forgiving as far as wicking not so much as far as putting a coil in I had to wrap my own coil to get anything to work but this was my second attempt so I guess that can be expected. Any tips or tricks happily accepted

If the drip tip colar and the chimney are not tight, that could be a source of leakage. Also the o-ring needs to be properly set. For tightening, I find that putting a pair of pliers on the drip tip colar and using a US quarter at the bottom of the bell to tighten is as good as a method as I have found. Seems there could be something better, but I haven't found it. ...hope that helps.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I never disassembled the tank from the chimney - never saw a reason to. But I did have one that got loose, and would spin around like you're describing. Oddly, it never leaked though, and I used it that way for a while.

I was able to re-tighten it by firmly pushing a rag in the open side of the tank, to grab the slots, and a rubber grippy thing to hold the flange/drip tip receptor at the top. If yours won't tighten, your thread may be boogered up/stripped. You can always try a thicker o-ring so it doesn't have to screw on as far. Diameter doesn't even really matter, as it's just allowing the metal to snug to the acrylic.

If the tank looks crooked on the base, you've probably cross-threaded it at some point, and would need to replace the tank. You can get a 5 pack of the SXK version for about $6.00. I did, just in case, but never had to use them. $6.32 Replacement PC Tank for Doggystyle Doggy RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You might already do this, but it's a good idea when screwing anything together to push, turn counter-clockwise until it clicks (so you know it's aligned), then screw it on.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Are you putting it together correctly? Watch this video,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread