Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Enjoy your Katurday build, Drop. :)

Love that vid Kat, tho I couldn't believe that I sat there for as long as I did before I became aware that I didn't need my headphones. LOL!
I'd like to know where that wire holder came from.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Has anyone ordered any of the gold doggys? If so, is the quality similar to the sxk?
doggystyle-2k16-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-w-matte-tank-gold-stainless-steel-acrylic-35ml-22mm-diameter.jpg

Doggystyle RTA Gold 3.5ml 22mm Rebuildable Atomizer w/ Matte Tank

Ya know, Celt, there WAS chatter about the gold one. @ToolmanTexas - do you recall what the issues were?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Ya know, Celt, there WAS chatter about the gold one. @ToolmanTexas - do you recall what the issues were?
I'm not Toolman (but maybe when I grow up!;)).
But as I recall, there was interest, and it seemed a few recommended against it because it was a no-name clone, and some had fear of the coatings. I don't believe anyone ever mentioned actually ordering it in this thread.

At the time, there was only one gold one, and now there are 2. One reviewer said, and I quote:
"хорошая база нормальная тугая затяжка покрытие винты"
So take that for what it's worth.

Actually, there's 3 positive reviews on one, and one on the other. But hey, for about a sawbuck....If you like gold, I'd say it's worth a try!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Reactions: oplholik

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I am leaning towards later.
My brother often goes a year or more without going to a grocery store. He shops at a dollar store and at CVS for coffee, creamer, sugar, and assorted munchies. The main thing he eats is leftovers from fast food/restaurants. He just buys extra, tacos, pizza, whatever.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
A wee bit off topic........I need some good scissors to cut my cotton when building my doggies. The ones I have are a little too big. Any recommendations that I can buy from Amazon.
Westcott 13865 4-Inch Sewing Titanium Bonded Curved Embroidery Scissors
I ordered these from Amazon and love them. My husband also uses them for Fly tying.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
@Celt1, @Katdarling, @Brewdawg1181 - here was our orig conversation on it:

SXK DOGGY STYLE
SXK DOGGY STYLE
SXK DOGGY STYLE

Basically, the coating on the deck is the issue... deck and chimney need to be SS for me, I won't use any atty that has coating on the deck or in the chimney.

I totally agree with @ToolmanTexas .

Well darn I clicked the order button for 3 gold ones this morning. At least I also ordered 3 of the standard SXK doggy's as well. Can you tell me what problems you have experienced with a plated deck, and what I should look out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread