SXmini mod ... Yihi

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
okay this is actually funny. I have Parkinson's disease. so you can imagine tilt being a bit of a problem for me haha. it takes me like an hour in the menu.

I had a question for you guys I guess. on a subtank if you wanted to nail the thing to the wall how high would you set everything with ni200 coil? I have played with it a lot but I would prefer not to have an explosion. right now I have it plenty powerful but I wanted to try to max it out without inhaling burnt cotton. it seems though this thing will take anything. I guess I could just try max everything.

also, I heard some of you talk about smoothing the corners. did you mean on the shroud? I am afraid to get it off because you have to desolder the wire on the 510. I just wish this was the one mod that was absolutely flawless. this is the one that deserves it. otherwise it really is good enough.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Yeah, that tilt thing baffled me because here I thought I had a defective device. Luckily, I got it at my local B&M (and paid the same price as buying it online) so I could have easily exchanged it).

The idea with nickel coils and temperature control is that you are never supposed to get a burnt hit, let alone burnt cotton. That said, the higher you set the wattage, the quicker you will hit your temperature setting. I'm currently using a Subtank Mini with nickel coils (from Vapor Shark) and I'm still using it at the same power settings (21 joules versus 21 watts) that I normally use if I use the Subtank with kanthal coils, and the temperature control never kicks on (I have it set to 520 degrees). My guess that I have plenty of "room" to boost up the power. However, the one thing I never liked about the Subtank is the warm vape, so I tend to run it lower anyways.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I played with it and did get it to burn. the most I can do is 540f, 40j, powerful+ on subtank mini with ni200 coil. still for some reason it is not as powerful as dna40 at 560f, 35w. I know this is crazy for the subtank with nickel. any higher and it will give a burnt dry taste. I am pushing it to the limit. I don't know why the dna40 is more powerful though. not a big difference just close. does your subtank leak? I think at that power it will.

if you want auto screen the menu is very touchy on that.

I am in luck. just talked to my buddy. he got a second one today. he said this one the corners meet exactly. he is willing to trade me for mine since that does not matter to him. b&m are all bs around me. I mean very far but the nearest city. they markup everything. I won't even tell you what I paid for mine. it is a real shame. I hope they all go out of business for those practices.

I think I can clear something up. the only changlish part of the manual. it states the usb is preferred to be used for updates only. therefore the warranty is 3 months. usb is a weak link on all mods. I don't see why anyone would charge on usb with a mod like this anyways. if you heed the warning it should last as many updates as there ever are. this does not bother me. although the cap slot on the m-class is even wider than the first one. luckily I think I have some Chinese currency. what does bother me is the ce label on the bottom. I am just weird about cosmetic things. ce makes it look to me like it is a very ubiquitous consumer item. well, it is not a custom mod anyways. I don't even see how china gets ce and the us does not on these devices. you would think the us would be ul. it does not even matter and ul is a big deal to obtain. I just like a clean look to things.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I played with it and did get it to burn. the most I can do is 540f, 40j, powerful+ on subtank mini with ni200 coil. still for some reason it is not as powerful as dna40 at 560f, 35w. I know this is crazy for the subtank with nickel. any higher and it will give a burnt dry taste. I am pushing it to the limit. I don't know why the dna40 is more powerful though. not a big difference just close. does your subtank leak? I think at that power it will.

if you want auto screen the menu is very touchy on that.

I am in luck. just talked to my buddy. he got a second one today. he said this one the corners meet exactly. he is willing to trade me for mine since that does not matter to him. b&m are all bs around me. I mean very far but the nearest city. they markup everything. I won't even tell you what I paid for mine. it is a real shame. I hope they all go out of business for those practices.

I think I can clear something up. the only changlish part of the manual. it states the usb is preferred to be used for updates only. therefore the warranty is 3 months. usb is a weak link on all mods. I don't see why anyone would charge on usb with a mod like this anyways. if you heed the warning it should last as many updates as there ever are. this does not bother me. although the cap slot on the m-class is even wider than the first one. luckily I think I have some Chinese currency. what does bother me is the ce label on the bottom. I am just weird about cosmetic things. ce makes it look to me like it is a very ubiquitous consumer item. well, it is not a custom mod anyways. I don't even see how china gets ce and the us does not on these devices. you would think the us would be ul. it does not even matter and ul is a big deal to obtain. I just like a clean look to things.

Have you been setting the resistance on the device? You need to have both the atty, and device at room temperature, and press both the up / down buttons at the same time to do so.. You should not be getting any burning at all.. There is a huge thread regarding the M Class here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/temperature-control/646920-sxmini-m-class-temp-control.html

Reactions: Fir3b1rd

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
yeah I set the resistance. if you push a coil beyond it's limit I would think it is going to run dry no matter what. temp control is not a stop for pushing it beyond the limit. if it is set too hot it should burn I am thinking. I mean I pushed this thing to the wall. it is running dry. I know that is exactly what it prevents but you do have to set it within some limits. I am not complaining. I just wanted to see how far I could push it. I mean if they had temp control at 1000f and 200 watts I am sure there would be no problem getting dry hits.

this is going to sound stupid from me. of course the shroud is painted and not anodized. it is steel. however I found the black much more sturdy than the gray. you can feel the texture on the black. in fact the black may in fact be a powder coat. the other colors just might not come in powder. certainly the rose. that finish looked really fragile to me. I just mentioned this because I have talked about it before.

on that note I did not realize I am in the s-class thread still. either way I feel both of these are outstanding devices.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Have had the M-class for a couple weeks. So far, I'm really loving it. Although my wedding band seems to have already chipped away the black paint. I expected to have issues with the paint based off of the S-class, just didn't expect it to happen so soon. :(
they do have wraps available for it at jwraps already.
that or I'm considering a cerkote job at OCD.

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
Further back in this thread I stated that I was in contact with Yihi . I had inquired about a silicone case for the SXmini`s (mid March ) emphasizing the Finnish protection, grip and hand feel etc. They emailed me back and said one is in development (Clear ) . Hope they hurry it up, it would help solve many finnish/finnish protection issues. It would also give an S class the smooth hand feel of the M class ! Thus updating and covering any Finnish chips. So email YIHI PEOPLE ! Tell them we want the silicone case !

I thought about getting a Cerkote coating done on it, especially since OCD is practically in my back yard, but I'd imagine it'd void the year warranty on it with YiHi. Might just be ordering a wrap for it sooner than later.

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
I emailed YiHi today regarding silicon cases. (I have been searching and searching.)
This is what they had to say.

Now we are on the way for the silicone case. Would you pls pay attention on our website. When it is ready, you can find on our website. Thank you so much for your supporting.

So I guess we just wait

Reactions: JimScotty0

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
I emailed YiHi today regarding silicon cases. (I have been searching and searching.)
This is what they had to say.

Now we are on the way for the silicone case. Would you pls pay attention on our website. When it is ready, you can find on our website. Thank you so much for your supporting.

So I guess we just wait
Thanks for the inquiry to YIHI, they usually listen to their client base. I'm not sure why they didn't have this ready prior to release. But hopefully it's well thought out and has a contributing form factor.....

Reactions: Madadoor

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I thought about getting a Cerkote coating done on it, especially since OCD is practically in my back yard, but I'd imagine it'd void the year warranty on it with YiHi. Might just be ordering a wrap for it sooner than later.

Do you have the website for OCD?

Thanks in advance....

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
2cJulTw.jpg
[/IMG]
sD8B6oJ.jpg

mTzGdnN.jpg

I decided to open up my s class out of curiosity. Nothing broke. No solder points released. Figured I should share what I see.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread