T-Rex from e-cigexpress.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMathClub

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
us
howdy folks, im reviewing the t-rex: initial impressions

i helped a friend get this unit, and am giving unbiased opinions.
(still open for test reviews though, lol still unbiased, still honest)

http://www.e-cigexpress.com/p84-Dis....html?osCsid=fda39deda3b70e57349138b98a692df8

having never heard of either this vendor, nor the t-rex before about 4 days ago, i was unsure on all fronts with this order. after researching the T-rex for a day i figured it was a cool unit to try, and i had a certain budget to work with. i wanted to be under 40$ after all was said and done. i found it tough to get the single kits, since people who actually carry this cool unit, only seem to have the double kits, and therefore, i could not afford them. i even thought about going manufacturer direct, but china shipping made my skin crawl. then i found e-cigexpress.com . i was skeptical about this site, until i started looking around it, and checking the details. secure checkout? check. user reviews that seemed like they were made by real vapers? check. extensive write ups by the owner about the ecig units themselves, and not just lame generic reviews? check. i emailed to see if live humans were behind this operation, and behold, not only did i talk to a live human, but the owner. he's a very polite and interesting kinda guy, and we emailed back and forth as the ordering process went through. got my order with the quickness also, ordered friday afternoon, had it by 3 on monday. i really enjoyed my ordering process and plan on ordering a t-rex for my daily use in the very near future.

this unit i was ordering was for a friend, and he and i went over the criteria he had. had to be cool looking, well made, and affordable.

(after finding this site i got out for under 40$ shipped for the elusive single kit :p)

after he and i looked on the net we found the t-rex, and he wanted nothing else. can't say i blame him, it's a gorgeous little thing. stealth bomber black, chrome end caps, and a light ring, that is unique to the model. it's a whole lot like an ego or a hello 16, but hotter looking. combining the low price of the hello, with the shape of the ego, and a twist all its own. the metal button is easy to push, but not TOO easy, and the light ring has a cool fade on, fade off effect that really makes this model stand out. being a cigar fan, i can say that it was not as fat as i had imagined, but still i liked the feel of it in my hand. the draw was easy, and the vapor was solid, and thick. flavor was great too. the unit was also not terribly heavy, though heavier than a standard 510. the unit takes 510 attys, carts, etc. it came with the unit, a charger, and some carts, no gift box, but nicely bagged, and easy enough to figure out. also had instructions. the only thing i was not amazed by was the threading on the cone section could have been a bit cleaner, but thats more of a nitpick than a downfall. just make sure your not cross threading the cone and you'll be fine. we'll see how it holds up, but upon initial inspection, and use, i really liked this unit and look forward to ordering mine soon. the only thing i wonder is if the battery holds as long as advertised, but the rest of the unit delivered in everything from build quality to vapor production, so i imagine that the batteries will as well. time will tell

i recommend this unit and this seller based on my initial impressions, and i'll update as soon as i know more on longevity :laugh:

footnote: no scuzzy taste from the factory atty or carts! FTW!:vapor: footnote 2: by carefully following this forum and abiding by the rules of buyer beware, i have had good transactions and products so far on all of my orders, and no real disappointments, minus my dekang liquids, but i just dont care for the dekangs, no sweat. anywho, when making orders to unknown vendors, do your research FIRST, and save your self the headache of mistakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread