Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Facts of the matter once and for all:

1) He gave a bad review of the t-rex.

2) I joined in the discussion talking about the Maxx. While others have bad experiences, mine was good and so was at least another member's. No one took anything away from his review. No one. I gave an honest opinion and he gave his. Fair enough?

Whether the Maxx and t-rex is the same is beyond me. My charger says "Model: chic", whatever that means. I do not own both units and neither does he.

3) The thread is almost dead and he suddenly lunged at me for no apparent reason, accusing me of various stuff.

4) I gave sufficient warning to stop. At no given time did i call him any names, despite various times being provoked. The PM he sent me has been reported and i'll let the other admin/mods be witness of this. Why would i publish a PM bashing me in public, when i don't intend to reply?

I can be an affiliate as much as he can be a guy from Janty. No proof? Then don't accuse! I'm at least checked by the ECF admin to be clean enough. Can't say the same for him.

This is a classic troll. Creating an argument out of nothing.

DyMiC

May 25, 2010
Page, AZ, USA
First off, after reading through only ONE horror story with the eGo (sticky button) and the fact that my boyfriend has one, and I must say, it's a pretty awesome little device... And after seeing all the episodes with loose batteries and casings falling apart..... I have settled on buying an eGo.

Now... I've gone through and compared some pricing.

Janty DOES NOT OFFER XL BATTS. At least not in the US. I haven't checked the other catalogs. But the US Catalog doesn't have them.

For a Janty eGo starter Kit (which my boyfriend bought), it was $79.95 plus a few bucks shipping. So like $84.95 in the end. All amounts are USD.

Now, this is what I put in my cart over at HG:

1 Fast USB Charger for the Joye eGo
1 Red eGo XL Battery and 1 Green eGo XL Battery (2 Batteries)
1 Blue eGo Cone and 1 Red eGo Cone (NOT CONIMIZERS) (2 Cones)
1 Green 510 Atty and 1 Wine Red 510 Atty (2 Attys)
1 Red LR 510 Atty
5 Pack of Metal 510 Drip Tips (Type A)
1 Titanium 510 USB Passthrough
Total after Shipping: $116.50

This seems like a WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY Better Value than the Janty Kit. And I already have plenty of Wall Chargers for the USB cords laying around, so I'm not worried about that. Plus I have plenty of juice. And the color choices, and the fact that the ATOMIZERS are even colored. Need I say more? Plus a freakin' USB passthrough. I'm drooling right now just thinking about all the juicy vape I'm gonna get out of them... plus all the weird looks I'm gonna get when I'm holding this weird green and blue thing with a metal tip up to my mouth.

LOL! :vapor:

dumkopf

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
richmond, VA
Other than being able to tell your attys apart their color is irrelevant. You can't see the atomizer with the cone on but I understand the desire to match them if the option is available. That said I still think the riva is the better buy as its cheaper and the button is a lot more comfortable. Vaporjunction has riva kits on sale for $49.95, HARD to beat that price.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
First off, after reading through only ONE horror story with the eGo (sticky button) and the fact that my boyfriend has one, and I must say, it's a pretty awesome little device... And after seeing all the episodes with loose batteries and casings falling apart..... I have settled on buying an eGo.

Now... I've gone through and compared some pricing.

Janty DOES NOT OFFER XL BATTS. At least not in the US. I haven't checked the other catalogs. But the US Catalog doesn't have them.

For a Janty eGo starter Kit (which my boyfriend bought), it was $79.95 plus a few bucks shipping. So like $84.95 in the end. All amounts are USD.

Now, this is what I put in my cart over at HG:

1 Fast USB Charger for the Joye eGo
1 Red eGo XL Battery and 1 Green eGo XL Battery (2 Batteries)
1 Blue eGo Cone and 1 Red eGo Cone (NOT CONIMIZERS) (2 Cones)
1 Green 510 Atty and 1 Wine Red 510 Atty (2 Attys)
1 Red LR 510 Atty
5 Pack of Metal 510 Drip Tips (Type A)
1 Titanium 510 USB Passthrough
Total after Shipping: $116.50

This seems like a WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY Better Value than the Janty Kit. And I already have plenty of Wall Chargers for the USB cords laying around, so I'm not worried about that. Plus I have plenty of juice. And the color choices, and the fact that the ATOMIZERS are even colored. Need I say more? Plus a freakin' USB passthrough. I'm drooling right now just thinking about all the juicy vape I'm gonna get out of them... plus all the weird looks I'm gonna get when I'm holding this weird green and blue thing with a metal tip up to my mouth.

LOL! :vapor:

Not really certain what a cost comparison of buying an eGo from one vendor or another has to do with the topic of this particular thread.....

but..... since this is where you posted it....

I think you'd find an even better price on the things you want by checking out this sale : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/good-prophets/102853-independence-sale-gp.html

DyMiC

May 25, 2010
Page, AZ, USA
Not really certain what a cost comparison of buying an eGo from one vendor or another has to do with the topic of this particular thread.....

but..... since this is where you posted it....

I think you'd find an even better price on the things you want by checking out this sale : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/good-prophets/102853-independence-sale-gp.html

I checked it out. They just don't have the selection that HG does. They're getting the color selection, but they're not readily available. They only have black, titanium/silver, gold, and blue.

I like the fact that HG has the selection readily available. I don't like the fact that I have to order from China. But whatever. Appeal to the customer and having readily available products is what is important to me.

>>>>IS TOTALLY GETTING OFF TRACK HERE<<<<

With that said.... are HG's 510 Attys ACTUAL JOYE ATTYS or are they knockoffs? I don't want none of that 3.x Ohm Ish. I want genuine 2.x Ohm Joye Attys.

Back on topic:

I did some searches on Google for the T-Rex and the Maxx.

NADA when it comes to searching images. And I just keep seeing more bad things about them on the forums. These things sound like a nightmare unless you hermetically seal the things in some case and barely touch it to take a vape.

I'm really disappointed because they look so freakin' sleak. I would love to be sitting in a martini lounge with one of those hanging out my mouth... if they actually WORKED.

Still sticking to the eGo. I use my Blu regularly right now, since the eGo isn't mine. It does freakin' great, believe it or not. I've read horror stories, but mine does almost as well as the BIG BOY. But when I'm using that eGo... I'm in heaven.

Last edited:

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
I just got my T-Rex batteries and cones today, and have to say that they look a bit sharper than the Ego batteries I already have. The blue LED ring is VERY nice and the button does feel to be of beter quality and shouldnt stick at all. After owning both the Ego and the T-Rex I will say that the Ego seems to be a bit more on the sturdy side but it is compatible with all my existing Ego/510 parts.

You CAN use carto`s on the T-Rex for sure, as long as you have a 510 to KR808d adapter ($3) otherwise you`ll just have to use the 510 carto`s.

Happy vaping everyone !

Neon.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I'm posting here because I still assume that the T-Rex and MaxX are the same actual device.

We've had our MaxX's for a few weeks now, maybe a month. And I'll say it straight-up, they're CRAP. Complete garbage. I had mentioned before that they had a 8-second cut-off which can cause problems for cartomizer users. I had also noted that the outer tube can "come off" of the plastic press-fit spacer ring that is used as a "light pipe" for the LED.

Those were my initial impressions. Now that we've had them for a while.... we've discovered that the chrome "end cap" can also fall off for no apparent reason (2 out of three), and all three of them have become quite finicky with respect to charging. It doesn't matter if they are on a standard "mains charger" or a USB "fast charger. Sometimes in lieu of actually charging they'll just sit there and blink... forever. You can take them off, sequence the power button, wait a little while, and pray to the micro-controller Gods.. and ultimately they'll become satisfied with your ovations and actually begin to charge. At that point I think we are supposed to be thankful and appreciative of their sacrifice.

Sorry.. these are an "AVOID" proposition.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Scott, thanks for the info. I could see if only one was having problems but when 2 are having similar problems and all three in some cases then this should run up the red or at least yellow flag. Any offer from the vendor to do an exchange?

Law Enforcement:

In case you didn't figure it out, if you go to heaven gifts for the other stuff, make a stop here too for the adapters:

E-cig Multi Adapters - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier

Nhaler.come has them as well.

-----
House: As long as you're trying to be good, you can do whatever you want.
Dr. Wilson: And as long as you're not trying, you can say whatever you want.
House: So between us, we can do whatever we want. We can rule the world!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Scott, thanks for the info. I could see if only one was having problems but when 2 are having similar problems and all three in some cases then this should run up the red or at least yellow flag. Any offer from the vendor to do an exchange?

Kent...

Can't bash on any specific vendor here. I haven't brought this to their attention (they are not a vendor that I do regular business with)... so I don't know if they'd stand behind them or not. So I'm keeping this as an "equipment issue" and not a "customer service" issue.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
So Scottbee,

If you had to arrange all the Tornego clones in order of preference, what would they be?

(in no particular order)
-Ego/Tornado
-Riva
-Maxx/T-rex
-F-16/Hello 16/ xxx-16

Any others?

I don't have any personal experience with the Hello 16 style units... so I can only comment on the "TorneGo Class" devices. Given that... personally.. I would vote:

Riva
Tornado
MaxX

Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV).

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Kent...

Can't bash on any specific vendor here. I haven't brought this to their attention (they are not a vendor that I do regular business with)... so I don't know if they'd stand behind them or not. So I'm keeping this as an "equipment issue" and not a "customer service" issue.

Understood. Sometimes the latter really doesn't make up for the former.

---

Luke: Is this a good hospital?
House: Depends on what you mean by "good". I like the chairs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread