The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tackle boxes and other types for storage

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by NatureBoy, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Peg0325

Peg0325 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2010
    Western PA
    Thanks to seeing all of your photos, I went to K-mart to pick up my fishing license, (1st day of Trout coming up) and picked up a four drawer Plano tackle box. I am so happy with it!! OMG! I had ..... everywhere! What I really need to do is get rid of all these e-liquid flavors that I've tried and didn't care for.

2. smokum

smokum Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Here's what I use for "some" of my stuff (wish I could find another one just like it as well as one for my 500ml unflavored nic bottles!!):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VapeOn,
    Greg

3. glennnnnnn

glennnnnnn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2010
    Scarborough UK
    Got this from my local hardware store
    Its great as it locks, I have a 7 year old in the house so need to make sure he cant get hold of any nicotine

Glenn

Attached Files:

4. wolflrv

wolflrv Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    Tennessee
    Smokum...I have that exact tackle box! Got mine about 20+ years ago. Ya can't have mine though sorry...it still carries all my fishin' tackle! LOL!

5. Whistle_Pig

Whistle_Pig Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2010
    Littleton, CO, U.S.
    Obviously, these don't work if you have large amount of stuff, or large bottles. Well, one of these works for a lot of stuff, except large bottles.

Plano mini-magnum -- a quick web search found them at Sportsman's Guide, so they're still around, and I found a variation on the theme at TackleDirect. The dividers aren't movable. The flip side has 5 full-width compartments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a parts / fastener organizer I found at Home Depot. Couldn't find it on their website, but I think I saw them at the store last I was there. Adjustable dividers and lots of room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a bit box from DeWalt. Very handy 2-sided clamshell box. I like it for driver bits because the sides have locking covers. Nothing spills when you open it. Has adjustable dividers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JaYBoNeS

JaYBoNeS Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Vancouver
    This is a safe that I bought last night from WalMart. I like it because it has a combination code with a key override. I added the inserts and boxes. I used the boxes that some of my stuff came in, and a tin that I had laying around. For 30 bucks, it's a little more than I was going to spend, but with a four year old whose interest in my new hobby is growing, I needed something more secure than the boxes I used. I would go to bed sometimes and have to get up again to store everything up high. This safe locks automatically, so all I have to worry about now is making sure it is closed. And it fits everything... for now.

DSC01058.jpg

7. SgtDGun

SgtDGun Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2010
    Texas
  8. doubledown

doubledown Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    Went to Wal Mart today and picked up a Plano 7271. Everything I could ever want or need for a vaper case. The bonus was when it was missing one of the smallest boxes that slides out. They are $2.95 separately. I don't even need it right now. The checkout guy took the price down from $35 to $20! I'm a sucker for a deal. I'll probably be happy all day cause of that lol.

9. ejoker

ejoker Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2010
    here's my carrying kit (blackberry shown for size reference). abs plastic with dimpled foam. i've had plenty of different configurations, mods, batts, juice, atty, carto, afs, etc. you can put just about anything in there, and everything is held in place when closed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Sponge Bobiwan

Sponge Bobiwan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I don't have a picture of this yet as I bought it last week and though it's been shipped, it hasn't arrived here yet.

PDY Systems - Home

11. hiram13pm

hiram13pm Super Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2010
    Merced, CA
    Isn't that a pistol case? Nice :)

12. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Great stuff folks! I have a couple stackable plastic drawer type things, but for just the little desk clutter, like if you're like me, you have a few different attys, carto's, drip tips lying around for different wattages, and different flavors, I find that an Altoid box will hold about 10 atty/carto/tips .... :)

13. Kargonet

Kargonet Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Abilene, Texas
    After buying what I thought would be a great size drawer caddy type system somehow it got very small very quickly. After reading this thread we went to Academy tonight and got a nice tackle box. Randy's in the process of moving everything into it now. So nice to have it all compartmentalized.

Attached Files:

14. doubledown

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    This is the one I got for $20! Excellent organization system.

Attached Files:

15. Kargonet

Kargonet Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Abilene, Texas
    Hmpf, ours wasn't nearly that cheap by a long shot.

16. ejoker

ejoker Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2010
    there's a package of munchies in the top.

mmmmmmm, munchies ....

17. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    wow! even at walmart, one box like the ones in yours costs about 6 or 7 $.
    i did see a box with sliding dividers for about 9$
    it kinda hurts when i start think about how we used to keep stuff in cigar boxes and things. i tell myself there's a rummage store or something right under my nose at home that could work fine. no?

18. doubledown

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    I got a deal! The person helping me and I both thought the small compartment on the right side was supposed to have three boxes in it, it only had two. He said, "I can sell it to you for $20 if that would help." Of course I jumped on it. When I got home I found out it was only supposed to come with two. Just a lucky discount for me. Doesn't happen often, lol.

19. BoomBoom65

BoomBoom65 Super Member ECF Veteran

Before I hit all the WalMArt, craft stores and sporting good places in a 50 mile radius may I cask where you purchased that?

Also - I think I remember that in the sewing/quilting department of craft stores they sell boxes that when you open them the inside shelving or compartments spread out accordion style.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Google is not being my friend this evening.

20. doubledown

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    BoomBoom, it was at Wal Mart, but I doubt that price will be extended. It was marked like 35.99 or something close to that. I will say, it is such a nice organizational unit that I would pay full price if I had to. It has everything separated just like I want with a little room to spare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.