Taifun GSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

usr/

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
N. Alabama
Hey Shawn. I have tried the U wick method but never had any luck with it. For me the mesh feeders are the way to go. I finally found a gauge that works pretty good. I use a range from 60/40 to 40/60 pg/vg, normally 50/50. A high vg mix may require a larger gauge for the juice to pass through the feeder tube holes. This is just a standard size straight pin. Sorry, but my calipers are out in the shop. I set the length of the tubes to just touch the shoulders of the wick without any pressure on the wick.(i only use rayon).

Gauge the hole too small and you starve the wick, too large and you can flood it. Once dialed in the tubes last a while, with occasional manicure. You can see these are a little frayed. Hope this helps.

Taifun Feeder Tube 2.jpg

Taifun Feeder Tube.jpg

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hey Shawn. I have tried the U wick method but never had any luck with it. For me the mesh feeders are the way to go. I finally found a gauge that works pretty good. I use a range from 60/40 to 40/60 pg/vg, normally 50/50. A high vg mix may require a larger gauge for the juice to pass through the feeder tube holes. This is just a standard size straight pin. Sorry, but my calipers are out in the shop. I set the length of the tubes to just touch the shoulders of the wick without any pressure on the wick.(i only use rayon).

Gauge the hole to small and you starve the wick, to large and you can flood it. Once dialed in the tubes last a while, with occasional manicure. You can see these are a little frayed. Hope this helps.

View attachment 561639
View attachment 561641

This is exactly how I do them. I find its just the most reliable. It might take a few tries to get the placement of the tubes on top of the wicks just right. To tight and it might give you dry hits, too loose, too much joose.

They have to touch with enough pressure to keep the liquid from over saturating, but flowing as needed.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
This is exactly how I do them. I find its just the most reliable. It might take a few tries to get the placement of the tubes on top of the wicks just right. To tight and it might give you dry hits, too loose, too much joose.

They have to touch with enough pressure to keep the liquid from over saturating, but flowing as needed.
of course, the first thing I do is drop and lose one of the plastic tubes. No worries, though... I've seen others use ONLY mesh, and so I have rolled up two very tight mesh tubes and inserted them... Thus far, no flooding.

Do you experience leaking when the tank is on its side or at an angle?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
of course, the first thing I do is drop and lose one of the plastic tubes. No worries, though... I've seen others use ONLY mesh, and so I have rolled up two very tight mesh tubes and inserted them... Thus far, no flooding.

Do you experience leaking when the tank is on its side or at an angle?

Nope, great RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread