Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I've been testing some Wismec SS Notch coils using the DNA200 and 75. They are pretty straight forward in Power mode and perform as expected. In Temp mode... well that's another thing...

Here is a bit about the Notch Coil:
Replacement NotchCoil - Pack of 5 for Wismec Theorem or Rebuildable Atomizer

The Stainless Steel 316 NotchCoil is the latest technology from Wismec which may be used in both wattage and stainless steel temperature control mode. Ready to be installed in your favorite RBA/RTA!

The NotchCoil is the same one found in the Theorem Atomizer, designed by JayBo Designs and inspired by "SMM"

Features and Specs:
  • Ready to be installed in your favorite RBA/RTA
  • Stainless steel one-piece design
  • Provides great flavor and vapor similar to a Clapton wire build
  • Can be used in Wattage (Power) or Stainless Steel temperature control mode
  • Consistent evenly heated surface area
  • Perfect for low wattage builds
  • Includes organic cotton
  • Inner diameter 4.8mm
  • 0.23ohm
  • Non-resistance +/- Leads
  • Very fast ramp up time
  • Easily rewicked
  • Pack of 5 - Wismec NotchCoil with Cotton

In Temp mode the coil performs as shown in this screen shot:

I'm wondering why the temp is not more smooth and the temp is fluctuating so much? (SS316 material setting used) Could it be that a "notch coil" specific TCR is needed. They heat very quickly and cool quickly thus that could account for the performance as shown in the graph.

Thoughts or experience from others welcome....
smile.gif

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
@retird Funny with my notch coils i've moved my temp from 420 to 520 to get a favorable vape. At 420, 30w preheat it would quickly drop to a 4 watt whispy vape. Do you have a custom tcr file or anything?

No special tcr here..... vape experience may also depend on the device used.... I got a less constant temp (greater swing in temp limiting) from the DNA200 in TC mode (as it needs the reported future update to firmware) but using the DNA75 it smoothed right out. Turns out the DNA75 is not as "punchy" as the DNA200 so the temp control using SS316 is smoother and I am told the future update for the 200 will bring it more in line with what the DNA75 is doing with SS316. The first graph I posted was while using the DNA200 and the second graph is the DNA75. Both gave a good vape but the DNA200 wasn't as smooth controlling the temp.

What device are you rocking?

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Just wanted to say the Theorem is becoming one of my favorite tanks! i use other tanks but i keep coming back to it. i find it really easy to wick and put any build i want in it im loving it!!!
Mine leaks like crazy. I cant be too bothered to figure out why so it's gone in a drawer.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Is this just when you lay it down, or all the time?
All the time. I can have it sitting on a table; not being used for about 10-15 min, go to pick it up & all my juice is now on the outside of it. This pic is when I put it up in a drawer cause I was tired of wasting my juice.

20160712_164315_20160712_164356_zps9crlsffz.jpg

Reactions: Eskie

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
All the time. I can have it sitting on a table; not being used for about 10-15 min, go to pick it up & all my juice is now on the outside of it. This pic is when I put it up in a drawer cause I was tired of wasting my juice.

20160712_164315_20160712_164356_zps9crlsffz.jpg
Did you try replacing the bottom two o-rings?

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Never occurred to me to replace orings on a new atty.
Me neither, but I had this Griffin 25 that was leaking like a sieve right out of the box. Had so much grief for a week I gave up on it. Till someone suggested I change the o-rings.
Never occurred to me but sounded reasonable; maybe I just got stuck with a couple of bad o-rings.
Hehehehe, haven't gotten around to it yet though. But let me know it works out for you?

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread