The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Taifun GT Discusion!

Discussion in 'RTA' started by speedemon, Jun 18, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. digitals

digitals Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Indiana
    My GT should be here when I get home from work tomorrow. Stoked ;)

2. Alchemy

Alchemy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    I'm getting mine in the next few days aswell so exciting :mail:

3. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Rebuilt it today a bit hotter and it's doing better but have been getting some flooding. A little frustrating.

4. cornolio

cornolio Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2012
    new york
    I'm on my 2nd build on this.no problems with wicking and no leaks.but the taste is kind of muted.the nic strength is more pronounced on this atty.might have to lower nic strength.im using 2 3mm silica.
    Anybody have suggestions for the muted taste?i already have the coils almost touching the airhole and at 1.2 ohms

5. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2009
    Tempe, Az
    Watch pbusardo's YouTube vid on GT. He says same as you on muted flavor. Then shows using SS mesh build. I built a build following this vid & love the outcome.

6. bapgood

bapgood Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2012
    Utah
    Try a little higher off the airhole

7. digitals

Jul 21, 2013
    Indiana
    This morning, I had to grab this from the PO since my delivery got jacked yesterday..

[​IMG]

8. bapgood

bapgood Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2012
    Utah
    I got some vape mail today for the TGT....this tip is much more comfortable on this mod.

[​IMG]

9. Orion_2280

Orion_2280 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 15, 2013
    USA
    hello fellow Taifun GT owners, I got in on the September presale so I received my GT a few weeks ago, and I love and hate this thing. The standard silica build was great, my micro coil silica was also great. I wanted to try the mesh build and hopefully get it to last as long as phils. I even contacted him and I tried what he suggested thought I had it fixed but apparently not. I used 28 gauge A-1, about 10 to 11 wraps on the mesh as close as I could get to micro coil neatness which was good, I was shooting for 1.8 ohms. I would get 1.6 or 1.7ohm, but it quickly dropped to 1.4ish and fluctuated all over. I said nope not using this coil. tired again same results. finally retried and it seemed to work better consistently getting 1.5ohms not what I wanted but oh well I just want a good vape now..lol So it has been a week and I have notice the coil has slowly dropped in ohms to 1.2 or 1.3ish now. I have cleaned and dry fired once when changing flavors, and one accidental drop. All leads are tight even after the drop. I don't get why I have this problem with the mesh in the GT all other wicks are fine no issues at all. I haven't tried cotton yet because I cant seem to get cotton to work good in my Russian so might give up on cotton, just funky taste too quickly. That's another issue though. Oh and my mess is pre oxidized and I torched it again after received it. If any one can help that would be great, when it was working good the mesh was great, and I loved the idea of possibly not having to rewick for awhile.

10. WidowsSon

WidowsSon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    Toronto ON
    Got in on the Oct pre order.. Taifun GT still in the mail... really want a Taifun also though, I believe the Taifun GT Replaced the Taifun.

Problem is the Taifun GT is 17mm at it's widest, the Taifun looks smaller (and can fit in my 16mm clearance devices.. microstick super t 14500 ...)

11. Alchemy

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    Taifun GT is 23mm afaik the original Taifun is 15mm according a post on a another forum

12. Fury83

Fury83 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    Taifun GT is 23mm, Taifun GS is 17mm at it's widest and the original is about 15mm. The original seems to have been replaced by the GS but maybe they will make a straight tank setup for the GS as the basic base is either 14 or 15mm.

13. Alchemy

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    It would be nice if MFRs would include these specs in their descriptions. I know i'm not the only one who wants to match the diameter of my mods with attys /rant over

14. Fury83

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    The GT and GS have it listed, the original does not.

15. Alchemy

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    You're right it does have it listed I must have overlooked. My rant still stands with most other RBAs out there.

In other news ISC los Angeles has had my GT and all accessories at their sort facility since tuesday it's driving me insane LOL:mad:

16. Fury83

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    The worst part is that it's usually the vendor and not the manufacturer. Even if the manufacturer supplies it, the vendor has to list it and some just don't. Even if the manufacturer doesn't, the vendor could always measure it.

And ISC in LA probably is as bad as ISC in in NY. It usually takes as long in customs as it does to get here from whatever country.

17. digitals

Jul 21, 2013
    Indiana
    Gonna build my GT tonight. I've had it for a couple days now, and it's been in the box since arrival. Assuming the build is similar to the KF.

I did remove it once to thread it on my GP X; looks amazing btw ;)

18. RedhatPat

RedhatPat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lancaster, Pa
    Good luck brother! Hope you get it up 'n running easier than a sophia in my 22mm SnP tank :shock:

RhP

19. WidowsSon

WidowsSon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    Toronto ON
    Now to find one (original that is.. with cotton tank).. have to post a WTB in classy's

20. Fury83

May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    Just grab a spheroid.

Sent via Space Monkey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.