Taifun GT Discusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
SoCal
No problem....I was proactive for once and ordered the maintenance and o-ring kits when I ordered the TGT
I ordered mine from whitefoguk and they don't have the maintenance kits I most likely would have ordered one too. Well thanks again it's good to know I haven't completely destroyed my Taifun.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Successful ceramic/ekowool build using the prototype Taifun ceramic kit.

2.6mm AO tile stone ceramic wick
3mm hollow ekowool ends
29g hot wrapped coil

null_zps7f99594e.jpg

null_zps77ef5d89.jpg

Alchemy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
SoCal
Yeah I know my Deutsche-Engineered machine is better, but wow, for the cost of their "maintenance pack" with a few screws and bits of rubber I can get a full blown clone. I'm really tempted just to see...
I may also pick one up for spare parts assuming they are even compatible.

SweetTides

Sep 28, 2013
Hawaii
Haha yeah I ordered two the other day also just to see how close they were. But I will still get the new Taifun GT when/if it comes out.

If the TGT base of the clone is identical, including screw length then it's totally worth it to me as this is the one part they do not sell by itself in the store. The TGT is the first proper rba I have purchased, and I am very happy with it, but I will not buy more at that price unless I somehow break it so they aren't losing any money from me. I also could not buy the clone first and then not buy the original, I would wonder forever if I was missing out. I think it would drive me crazy. I have to know the difference!

Last edited:

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
If the TGT base of the clone is identical, including screw length then it's totally worth it to me as this is the one part they do not sell by itself in the store. The TGT is the first proper RBA I have purchased, and I am very happy with it, but there was no way I would have bought more at that price so they aren't losing any money from me. I also can't imagine buying the clone first and then buying the original, I think I would wonder if I was missing out. I think it would drive me mad. I would have to know the difference.

Well I think you picked a great first proper rba!

A lot of people like the kayfun style attys. I have a Russian and it doesn't even compare to the Taifun in vape for me, nor the ease of filling/coiling/wicking.

I understand your logic and truly hope the clone doesn't hurt their business, because they make some great products and look forward to future products.

SweetTides

Sep 28, 2013
Hawaii
Well I think you picked a great first proper rba!

A lot of people like the kayfun style attys. I have a Russian and it doesn't even compare to the Taifun in vape for me, nor the ease of filling/coiling/wicking.

I understand your logic and truly hope the clone doesn't hurt their business, because they make some great products and look forward to future products.

THANKS! I hope this doesn't hurt there business either but maybe it will just improve it. Not including a modest service pack or the other two tiny different sized air tubes with the tank at time of purchase is a bit greedy imo. especially since those outside of DE are subject to a flat €11.35 EURO ($15.31) charge for anything ordered on their site...that makes a €1.26 air tube = €12.61 EURO ($17.01 dollars just to order!) ...so they can pretty much suck it IMO, lol....Clone vs one authentic air tube, hrmmm (takes drag off TGT) :vapor:

Last edited:

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
THANKS! I hope this doesn't hurt there business either but maybe it will just improve it. Not including a modest service pack or the other two tiny different sized air tubes with the tank at time of purchase is a bit greedy imo. especially since those outside of DE are subject to a flat €11.35 EURO ($15.31) charge for anything ordered on their site...that makes a €1.26 air tube = €12.61 EURO ($17.01 dollars just to order!) ...so they can pretty much suck it IMO, lol....Clone vs one authentic air tube, hrmmm (takes drag off TGT) :vapor:

If you want authentic parts, you can also try: Taifun GT

Shipping is a lot more reasonable. And the owner is a very responsive guy. I just ordered some parts late this afternoon. I had a order confirmation and personal email answering a question from him about 5 minutes after I placed the order. It must have been about 10PM his time on a Saturday night.

SweetTides

Sep 28, 2013
Hawaii
If you want authentic parts, you can also try: Taifun GT

Shipping is a lot more reasonable. And the owner is a very responsive guy. I just ordered some parts late this afternoon. I had a order confirmation and personal email answering a question from him about 5 minutes after I placed the order. It must have been about 10PM his time on a Saturday night.

Wow that is better. €4,51 €= $6.08 for an airtube vs $17.01 on the official site... I actually don't need one though. I was just complaining. I ordered all that stuff at time of purchase because of the high shipping but feel like others who didn't get screwed a bit. But I will keep that site bookmarked in case I need something else. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread