Status
Not open for further replies.

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
I'm thinking of either the J tank or the Lil Mama tank. I'm leaning toward the 3ml SS Lil Mama to use with SR Boge cartos. I don't use dual coil cartos. I've tried a cheaper tank with less than stellar results. This could have been due to user error.......LOL..........I think I'll have less problems with the tanks that have a platform that the tube sits on and metal end caps rather than delrin caps......Any opinions or thoughts? Any cons on the SS Lil Mama?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Most of the better tanks are pretty much the same. I love my J-tanks, but they are by no means the only good tank. There are plenty of good ones to choose from.
    IMHO properly preparing the carto and filling the tank is far more important than which of the many good tanks you choose to use.
    Rob's video on how to do a first fill is a good one.
    J Tank Filling - YouTube
    And, this is how I refill my tanks.
    P1000494.jpg

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2011
    PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
    What PV do you use?
    The Smoktech tanks have cartos that have a metal base, or you can use regular cartos in it too. CCV has them in a 3.5ml tank and a 6.5ml tank. They also have a 6.5ml aluminum tank. They come with a dual coil, but CCV now sells pre-punched Reasurectors that have the metal base for the tanks.
    The j-tanks are also popular and I would check out the chibi tanks too from Parkes Vaping. All three are affordable and work well

sharpi

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2011
    Indiana
    I have been using my lil mamas tanks (one pyrex and one polycarb) for about two weeks and I really love them. I actually have a J-Tank in transit now because I have heard great things about them too. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I used a madvapes tank. I have not had any of the issues with the lil mamas that I had after a few days with madvapes tank.

dearme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    Colorado
    I currently have a Chibi tank on the Provari......and I hate refilling it.....sometimes it leaks and sometimes it doesn't........I bought two complete Chibi tanks and one without the carto......it is a total pain replacing the carto........I just want something easy and idiot proof.....

Sharpi, does the pyrex Mama tank hold less liquid than the poly one? I also thought about getting one of those, but think I will be happier with the SS caps and they don't recommend using the SS with the pyrex.......

Thanks all for your help.

hairball

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    I've used just about every tank out there except for the Chibis from parkesvaping.com. They all are equally easy to fill but there is one I don't suggest getting and that's the one from Nhaler. They use acrylic tubes and they crack really easy and it's not from the type of juice you use. It's from putting the caps on even lubricated they are too tight and eventually split the tubes.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 3, 2011
    Prairie Canada
    Well, IMHO, the game changer was Smoktek's DC tank - low-cost and relatively hassle free...I like 'em!
    I'm also using Parkes's Chibi tank for Boge LR cartos (self-punched using a saddle valve) and a Parkes Acorn tank to use some of the many CE2 cartos I have.

Tanks are one of those "love 'em or leave 'em" type things.
    :vapor:

s3anvap3s

ECF Veteran
    Dec 6, 2011
    Loganville, GA
    Tanks are great. They definitely have a bit of a learning curve though. I use SmokTech tanks. Mom and Pops tanks have some with thumb screws: Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop

Good luck and happy vaping!

I'm thinking of either the J Tank or the Lil Mama tank. I'm leaning toward the 3ml SS Lil Mama to use with SR Boge cartos. I don't use dual coil cartos. I've tried a cheaper tank with less than stellar results. This could have been due to user error.......LOL..........I think I'll have less problems with the tanks that have a platform that the tube sits on and metal end caps rather than delrin caps......Any opinions or thoughts? Any cons on the SS Lil Mama?

gaijin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Japan
    www.gingabox.com
    I was just talking about a 3ml tank in another thread, but if you haven't checked out the CartZILLA clearomizer tank you might check that out. Be interested to hear what you think.

**forgot to mention, they are sold out (went like hotcakes apparently) but they have more on the way, thats what I am waiting for***

Last edited:

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 14, 2011
    Planet Vapton
    I like Mom and Pops tanks much more. They are much easier to fill and just more user friendly. I have 3 and love them all.
    Tanks are great. They definitely have a bit of a learning curve though. I use SmokTech tanks. Mom and Pops tanks have some with thumb screws: Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop

Good luck and happy vaping!

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    They all are equally easy to fill but there is one I don't suggest getting and that's the one from Nhaler. They use acrylic tubes and they crack really easy and it's not from the type of juice you use. It's from putting the caps on even lubricated they are too tight and eventually split the tubes.

Wow, night and day. I've been using the VPX tanks from Nhaler for some time now and never had one crack yet. The price is certainly good. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    First saw screw caps on actv3 tanks never bought it though as its for carts.

If your up to trying the ce2 type tanks the acorn tank is a good one i use that from Parkesvaping.

New to the market is the cartizilla tank from ecgiexpress and the vision stone tank from gotvapes both the same type Ce2 tank with inside tank threads for the upper and lower screw on caps no gasket needed and ce2 and this one is now my utmost favorite to use.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Going to give GotVapes new 5mL tank w/screw plugs. Every other tank I've used has come apart when I didn't intend for it to. Screw plugs may be the next stage for 5mL tanks. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

Am I seeing it correctly that the Vision Stone tank at Gotvapes is only $9.95? Or am I missing something?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread