Tank vs. Cartotank problems with Sigelei Zmax

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwc2134

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC, USA
Don't know if this or General Ecig Discussion is the place for this, but I figured here would give me the best result...

I recently bought a Sigelei Zmax V3, and I love it. Fantastic APV, easy menu, easy settings, etc etc... However, I am having some issues with it. With any sort of wick/tank system (CE2, Kanger T series, Vision brand Vivi Nova) I get a burnt taste at any wattage above 4 or 5 watts, depending on the juice and frequency of hits.

With my Artemas tanks, using single coil, 5+/- OHM pre-punched cartomizers, I can crank the wattage to 10 watts, without ANY issue whatsoever. In fact, with my usual peach-mango blend, 10.5 watts is the perfect balance.

Is this an uncommon issue, is it an issue with my juice, or the head tanks VS cartotanks, or anything else? I'm not opposed to buying more artemas or other cartotanks, as they give me my favorite vapes regardless of device, but I'd like to know if there is anything I can do before then. On anything but my S-Zmax, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Vision Vivi Novas, after all. Should I reserve them for my eGo style batteries?

dwc2134

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC, USA
I've found that if I run any clearo.... Vivi, T3, eVod.... once I get up above 8.5/9w, it'll start to fry and taste like ash. 8 or 8.5 is kind of my sweet spot.

I can't even run that. My Vision Vivi Nova is running at 2.5 Ohms, according to the Zmax, and I can't get it over 4.5 watts without it tasting burnt after two or three puffs. Granted, I am running a light, Mntn. Dew flavored juice... but I tried a 555 tobacco in the supplied clearotank at 2.2 ohms and got VERY similar results.

dwc2134

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC, USA
You sure that you are reading watts not volts? 4.5w on a 2.5 ohm coil is in the low threes.... But 4.5v with that coil is around 8.1w.

If you are burning at 3.4v, something is messed up.

I am. Used it more heavily today, switching between my 2.4ohm Vision Vivi, 3ohm/1.5ohm dual coil Vision Vivi, Artemas running a 5ohm, and an Artemas running a 1.5ohm. Noticed that I could run the dual coil tank right around 7-8 watts and get a great vape, or all the way up at 10 watts and get a fantastic vape if I didn't chain vape. Both of the Artemas tanks I could chain vape at 10 watts with nary a complaint from them. The 2.4ohm, though... still persnickety about anything over 4.5 watts if I'm hitting it more than a three or four times in as many minutes. If I space my vapes out, I can run it up to 6-7 watts.

I'm not sure if it's burning or the precursor to burning or just the juice getting too hot... but it is a weird flavor, decidedly not quite right. Almost gets chemically, and reminiscent of burnt coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread