Status
Not open for further replies.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Hey guys this newbe wants to know what you are using and why, please post what tank, clearo, carto, you like best and why you liked over others system,

"PLEASE POST BRAND/TYPE"

Example
Tried
ce4 nice works no leaks
T3 tobac works fine got 2 no leaks but a little airy
T3 kanger metal got 3 leak gurgle and leak tried to fix following videos but still same issue
Now using vapeonly bcc mini and mega and they been awsome Rock solid no leaks nice warm hits.
Only others I wanna try is kanger evod and the glass protank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Rebuildables (AGA-T2 and Smok Octopus) are my favorite. I dislike just tossing cartos or clearo coil assemblies when they burn out. Seems like a waste.

That said, I do have an IBTanked tank that I use with smok or boge cartos when I'm out and about. It's more pocket friendly then the RBA's.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Rebuildables (AGA-T2 and Smok Octopus) are my favorite. I dislike just tossing cartos or clearo coil assemblies when they burn out. Seems like a waste.

That said, I do have an IBTanked tank that I use with smok or boge cartos when I'm out and about. It's more pocket friendly then the RBA's.

Actually I rebuild the heads on my CE5s and Protank. ;)

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Actually I rebuild the heads on my CE5s and Protank. ;)
Yeah, I've still got my Kanger t3's that I rebuild. But don't use them very often anymore since stepping up to the RBA/RDAs. They are just so much easier to work on, and tend to need rebuilding less often. As always tho, YMMV.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Yeah, I've still got my Kanger t3's that I rebuild. But don't use them very often anymore since stepping up to the RBA/RDAs. They are just so much easier to work on, and tend to need rebuilding less often. As always tho, YMMV.

RBA = Rebuildables
RDA = ?

Please post what RBA brand or type are u using? Im trying to see what is the most common liked setup,
Thanks

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I'm using an evod bcc right now, which I LOVE. I found out very quickly cartos aren't my thing.....have to top off wayyy to much, I don't like how "hot" the vaper is, can't gauage how much liquid I have in my carto....many reasons I don't like them, really.

I have a kanger pro tank on the way, and I have a feeling I will LOVE it. Seems like bottom coil is going to be my thing ;)

I am SO, SO glad I ran into the evod bcc. I truly do love it, and I doubt I will be experimenting outside of it and my pro tank anytime soon. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

I guess I"m really lucky, I see soooo many posts on here asking for opinions and advice on what to get, because they've tried a bunch of things and nothing hits the spot for them. I fell in love with the evod instantly, AND the ego twist batteries Im using :)

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
RBA = Rebuildables
RDA = ?

Please post what RBA brand or type are u using? Im trying to see what is the most common liked setup,
Thanks

AGA-t2/+ is the RBA, couldn't tell you the brand..

RDA = Rebuildable dripping atomizer (IGO-L, and Smoktech Octopus are common inexpensive examples. IGO is same maker as AGA-t2/+)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
AGA-t2/+ is the RBA, couldn't tell you the brand..

RDA = Rebuildable dripping atomizer (IGO-L, and Smoktech Octopus are common inexpensive examples. IGO is same maker as AGA-t2/+)

Actually I have an octopus and am planning on grabbing an AGA T2 eventually. I have only been vaping 5 weeks so I kinda need to give my budget a rest for a bit. :)

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
The only clearomizer I ever tried tasted like plastic - I'll never try another.

I've used cartomizers a bunch. I highly recommend them to a newbie. I use cartomizers with stick batteries sometimes when going out. I used to use cartomizer tanks almost exclusively - first the SmokTech DCTs and then I switched to IBTanked pyrex tanks. I think that cartomizer tanks offer a great vaping experience. They offer good flavor and hold a lot of juice. They're very portable with minimal or no leaking if you know how to use them. I've had great luck with the IBTanked tubes - I've accidentally bounced one on an eGo off concrete with no damage. For KR808Ds I use Bloog cartomizers and for tanks I use SmokTech 1.5Ω dual coil cartomizers pre-punched with two holes.

My current preferred method of delivery systems are atomizers and RBAs. They by far offer the best taste - you realize how much the polyfill in cartomizers mute the flavor of juice when you use an atomizer. I'll drip with 510 and 901 atomizers for sampling juice or SLR coils on RDAs (I love my three IGO-Ls), but I prefer tanks. The great majority of RBA or atomizer tank systems are just not as portable as a cartomizer tank - some of the submersible atomizers and atomizer tanks (like the Killer, Diver, and AMP Tank) come close if you know how to use them properly, but still require more effort. I've been getting in to these lately (I've been using my AMP Tank exclusively for the past six weeks and I'm waiting for my Killer 705 to arrive), but do not recommend them to newbies and I would advise newbies away from RBAs unless they've done a ton of research and are handy or technically inclined (I'm taking a long break from Genesis-style atomizers - I have two AGA-Ts that frustrate me).

RDA = Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

Hiding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Actually I have an octopus and am planning on grabbing an AGA T2 eventually. I have only been vaping 5 weeks so I kinda need to give my budget a rest for a bit. :)
Lol. Don't need to tell me about giving the budget a rest. I've not been at it much longer then you. 2 - 2 1/2 months.
I have managed to keep my spending under what I would have on analogs, so I guess I'm doing ok.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
I'm using an evod bcc right now, which I LOVE. I found out very quickly cartos aren't my thing.....have to top off wayyy to much, I don't like how "hot" the vaper is, can't gauage how much liquid I have in my carto....many reasons I don't like them, really.

I have a kanger pro tank on the way, and I have a feeling I will LOVE it. Seems like bottom coil is going to be my thing ;)

I am SO, SO glad I ran into the evod bcc. I truly do love it, and I doubt I will be experimenting outside of it and my pro tank anytime soon. If it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

I guess I"m really lucky, I see soooo many posts on here asking for opinions and advice on what to get, because they've tried a bunch of things and nothing hits the spot for them. I fell in love with the evod instantly, AND the ego twist batteries Im using :)

I have 2 EVOD BCC i liked them a lot very good cloud of vape and a very good warm feel, my issue is both of my EVOD are leaking juice into my mouth from time to time and if i put a 100% pg they get flooded, both are frome diferent vendors.

Liaxela

Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Mastic Beach, New York
I've been vaping for 2 months. When I started I used a Joyetech Ego and CE5 Stardusts. That didn't last long, I quickly upgraded to mechanical mods and RBA's. Right now my setup is a Sigelei #8 with a modded AGA-T2, and I run it at 0.6-0.8 ohms . That's usually what I'm using most of the time. For when I'm out and about I put my Sigelei into 18350 mode and slap a AGR locking carto tank on it. I use Boge LR cartos, and just got some IKenVape cartos in to try.

crazycooter

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Cannada
Tried
ce4 nice works no leaks
T3 kanger metal got 3 leak gurgle and leak tried to fix following videos but still same issue
Now using vapeonly bcc mini and mega and they been awsome Rock solid no leaks nice warm hits.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Tried
ce4 nice works no leaks

This is kinda the format of reply im asking

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Started with 510 cig-alikes with basic blank cartos or re-used cartomizers, have since upgraded to Kanger T4's on my 510s, top coil, not rebuildable, little bit of a sharp taste, but refill and cleaning are a snap and noob friendly, take mouth piece off, rinse, soak in water a bit after, dry burn when get muted taste, refill, put mouth piece back on, run and go.

Joye Ego-T passthroughs I've used 1 Vision CE4, first tank I ever bought when I bought my first passthrough, worked great first 2 weeks, third week leaked all over the dang place. Upgraded to 2 Kanger T2s initially, still have them, top coil, little bit warmer vape, use for all my 30Pg/70Vg and 100 VG mixes. Mostly use Kanger T3s on these any more, replaceable bottom coils, cooler vape, still all running like champs, only 1 coil head conked out on me, my original from my first T3, last a long time if you give them the proper TLC they deserve.

My new SLB Ego-V V2 I use at home all the time, Kanger ProTank, loving the heck out of it, occassionally crank the voltage down and attach one of my T4s onto it from time to time.

Also have a couple 510 drip attys for when shopping out and about for new flavors at B&M shops nearby before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread