Tariffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Has anyone ordered from a site in China had to,or recurved notice about having to pay tariff or customs duties in the U.S.A ??

I am curious as I have a couple small orders still coming from FT that I have received text from bank about either one being added ??
If you import something over a certain value, it may be subject to Duty or tax. You as the importer are required to accurately report value and to pay any and all applicable fees and taxes.

I find USPS delivered goods to be mostly exempt unless it is "priority".
Express shipping company packages are almost always subject to duty and tax, in my experience.

What notice did you receive and from whom? Do you have a breakdown of the charges?

cheers
I

Reactions: stols001

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
If you import something over a certain value, it may be subject to Duty or tax. You as the importer are required to accurately report value and to pay any and all applicable fees and taxes.

I find USPS delivered goods to be mostly exempt unless it is "priority".
Express shipping company packages are almost always subject to duty and tax, in my experience.

What notice did you receive and from whom? Do you have a breakdown of the charges?

cheers
I
I thought so too,nothing is shipped priority and nothing over the $25.00 mark ?

My bank sent me a email stating there might be customs charges or duties applied to the orders. That is all the message said.

I have three orders coming ,no four. All of them are between $20-$25 just a tank and some drip tips small items. That is why I was shocked to recieve that message,? No package is priority just plain standard slow mail from China.

• Optimistic

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I have received several small orders from FT most around $25 to $35 orders. All were received via USPS packet mail. Fasttech didn't add any tariff charge and they were delivered without problem or added cost by PO.

Don't think it is something to worry about.
Thanks my last two orders came w/o any charges except for the message on these.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I thought so too,nothing is shipped priority and nothing over the $25.00 mark ?

My bank sent me a email stating there might be customs charges or duties applied to the orders. That is all the message said.

I have three orders coming ,no four. All of them are between $20-$25 just a tank and some drip tips small items. That is why I was shocked to recieve that message,? No package is priority just plain standard slow mail from China.
Sounds like a CYA move from the bank. They want you to be aware that duty might be due on your purchase.
Wait until you get something from CBP or your deliver provider.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Pretty sure the tariff only applies to products imported for commercial purposes. IE: You're importing goods to sell.

Could simply be a generic automated warning from your bank after seeing a purchase from China.
Regular consumers are in the new tariff law as of may 1st. Meaning not just bulk orders from companies for sale,consumers are hit as well. I checked online to read up and from what I read,the amounts I ordered and the products are not in this bracket,?? I guess I will find out when each arrives in about 30-45 days???

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Sounds like a CYA move from the bank. They want you to be aware that duty might be due on your purchase.
Wait until you get something from CBP or your deliver provider.
When you make a $100 and up purchase from China there is a 28.5% tariff. 3.5% paid by exporter and 25% paid by importer.
But for ecigs and supplies for them I can't find very much info. As to any tariffs charged ??

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Hmm more than I thought, I forgot a few things. It has left LAX and with no extra charges. It was about 75 bucks. I don't think customs attacked it.

Anna
I'm still not sure about mine yet either. I still can't find out any info. On ecig related products and supplies for them ? If you have not been notified from your bank or who ever you purchased thru,I would not worry about it either.

I am hoping my four come thru untouched with tariffs or customs duties.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm still not sure about mine yet either. I still can't find out any info. On ecig related products and supplies for them ? If you have not been notified from your bank or who ever you purchased thru,I would not worry about it either.

I am hoping my four come thru untouched with tariffs or customs duties.
I've gotten a few epackets from ft the last few weeks with no tariff tags. You really should sign up with paypal btw, another level of protection is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread