Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Pizza they also get hard to turn when the controller breaks loose and raises up enough to cause the thumbwheel to rub against the case. I had mine do that a couple times.

Yep, what 5'er said can also happen. I had a pcb come unglued to it's little rim under it because I had a bad habit of just turning it upside down and plopping the batteries in. That's the pcb they are butting up against...so now I'm gentle when I change my batts.

Try the tapping in the picture post and see if that helps. If it seats the dial and frees up the wheel, roll it back and forth a bunch of times to clean out any debris that might be in it.

If you end up needing the whole pcb re glued just holler and I'll hook you up with the RMA form and where your son can pay for it ;) It's a simple repair for $10.95+shipping.

Thanks my friends!!! (and two of the most helpful, friendly people on ECF... Of which there are a LOT of!!)

I'll check it out tonight. I did try doing some poking and pushing, but not much as I didn't want to cause more damage. Seeing the pics will help.

And.... Just in case I can't fix it, don't none of you all go and tell my son how cheap it is to repair!!! :) :D

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Heya Bov!! Have Ms Lori work her magic on my wife's pink BP that I just put in the mail to the buzzpital. Remember the one with the wonky wheel? The tapping and nudging didn't do it. And I didn't want to try too hard and break it more since my son is paying for it. Just remember, nobody let the word out to my son how cheap it is to fix!!!! :D

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Pizza, did you fill out and put the RMA sheet in the box so Lori knows what to fix? If not, drop Mike a heads up notcigs@gmail.com

We'll get her fixed up for ya :)

Yup! Sure did. Figured I wouldn't bother Mike or you this time. You know me and breaking things. :)

Say! Since I'm here, I have a complaint for Mr. Mike! Ok... My good 'ol BP that I won used from a great person here on ECF over 2 years ago!! (So I have no idea when it was born. #113?). The yellow is worn off of my wheel!!! Unbelievable piece of ___ :lol: hehehehe!!!!

Haha!!! I never paid attention to the colors anyway. Just dial 'er in! It is unbelievable what this one has been put through. It is still one of my daily vapes. Never leave home without it. Simple, yet sturdy as a tank. That's why my son likes my wife's so much. And my guess is, as you suggested, that he was just plopping the batteries in to hard and eventually knocked something out of alignment on the pinky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread