Term nicotine vape versus e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Recently I was watching a tv show where the star was told he could not smoke in a California restaraunt but he saw another person using a vape pen. He says "but that guy can use that thing, whatever it is?"

The story line is apparently set at a time when vaping was fairly new. So later he is shown relaxing in his easy chair at home and he was puffing on a pen when his wife enters the room. She says "you look all relaxed, what is that"? enquiring about his vape pen. He told her "it's a nicotine vape, it's all the rage here in LA". Later he was smoking again.

So it caused me to ponder "what if?". What if early on the term nicotine vape would have stuck, not e-cig, digital cigarette and all those "cigarette" terms?
    To me, the thing we do is nothing like an e-cig anymore. Even cig-a-like are largely shaped like a carpenter pencil. And big ole mechs look like a flashlight.

Is it too late to use a different term when referring to say, an Aegis Legend kit? Realizing the name of this forum uses the word cigarette, I just wonder if those times we are out in public enjoying a tastey puff or making a storm cloud and someone asks "what's that?" Do we call it an e-cig anymore?

What's your favorite term these days?
    Since seeing that scene on my tv I call them "nicotine vape" now.
    I've wondered at times if gubmint would've let us Be if we didn't look like we were trying to make a substitute. Probably not.
    Selling them as a dietary aid to keep from over-eating? An air-freshener? Nicotine optionally to be added in your own home, if desired.

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I dont know if the terms can ever be changed at this point. My wife and I call it our puffers. She is always asking me if I seen her puffer....

Mrs. States call her gear "hookah". Honey have you seen my hookah?" "Can you loan me a hookah battery while mine charges?" etc.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    My personal physician calls my vape a water pipe. I spent a good deal of time explaining to him about how e-cigarettes work by making water vapor and how I was able to quit smoking using one. By the end of our conversation I watched him write in my chart, "Patient has quit smoking using a water pipe". :lol:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread