Status
Not open for further replies.

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Well, thanks for the advice, im using 2mm silica wick now, but when i maded before the low coil 1.5 ohm, it wasnt work to fine, and e-liquid which i using,it mostly VG so i dont where i did wrong

Try adding an extra 2cm - 3cm piece of silica where you wrap your coil, so you're wrapping your coil around double wick. You don't have to double the wick all the way down the wick channels, unless you simply prefer it that way. For 0.16mm (34 gauge) Kanthal A-1 I like a 2-over-3 wrap coil to make about a 1.8 ohm coil. I use 3mm wick and only 30% VG juice, though, so you might have to experiment to get satisfying results.

devlindchi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Los Angeles
I think the issue i have been having is the fact that my juice is 20/80 pg/vg. I have to open the flow valve quite a bit, and that is choking the juice that is above the valve off, so I end up with a basically empty clear section (giant air bubble), which causes vapor production to basically stop, even though there is still 3-4 ml still in the top. Hopefully this weekend I can get to my friend's so I can use his lathe to angle the section of the valve that is choking the juice from flowing down. I will post pics later

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
Have you seen the pos nut change color like this before? I posted it over here and it doesn't sound normal.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-pics-tip-tricks-quirks-334.html#post10925598

goodink-albums-other-picture259697-dsc00849-1280x960.jpg

goodink-albums-other-picture259696-dsc00847-1280x960.jpg

It just seems really odd that it's only on the nut, well very little on the o-ring, but everything around it isn't doing it. It's likes it's baked on there, it will come off with some hard scrubbing. Does anyone know for sure that nut is SS? The only thing I can think of is it's making a very weak electromagnet with the wire wrapped around the post and creating a powder coating effect or it's not SS and some part of the juice it baking on to it, hopefully its not staining galvanic corrosion. The color is not the same as the juice, it more red than brown like the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread